• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
The Majesty 2 demo can be downloaded from these locations:
Fileplanet
Strategy Informer
Gbase
WorthPlaying
AtomicGamer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note - bug and support questions for Majesty 2 the game must be posted in the official bug and support forum. Only registered users have access to those forums. To register your game, just enter the serial key provided with your game in the "My Games/Registrations" tab in the top menu

Post your demo SUPPORT questions here. Please keep this a support forum ONLY, you can comment on the demo in the other threads that exist. Thanks!

Kind regards
Susana Meza

Last edited by a moderator:
editor[GEM]-Exception
Invalid call (gem\gem\render\device.h, 213)

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

3.5000: .\SystemLevel\Log\GUILog.cpp(21): [GUI__WriteErr() ] Invalid property but_castle_citizen_visible (id=520) control 'GAME_WINDOW' (parent 'NULL', template 'n/a', root 'GAME_WINDOW', window 'GAME_WINDOW')

Is the only item in the error log

After a just a few minutes of otherwise perfect gameplay, the graphics freeze up on me and I am forced to kill the process before it degrades to the point where I have to hard reset. I can still hear music going on at this point, however (And not in a loop.) I really doubt it's overheating on me since I can run other, much more hardware intensive games such as TF2 without issue. There is no BSOD or other error message.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ with an Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT.

Mouse is "frozen". I start the game and the mouse pointer does not move. So I use the keyboard to quite the demo...

Windows 7

I have the same problem as Darkseedx (but my number is 217 instead of 213). My configuration is Vista, AMD 6000+, 8800 GTS and the demo crashes immediately after I start the program.

In this forum I could find following hints however NONE of them works for me:

1) Install AMD optimizer (I have no link, please google)
2) Install newest version of Directx9c (I have no link, please google)
3) Delete the folder "USER\documents\majesty2" (attention! - this deletes all settings and saved games)

Dear developers, I'm really interested in this game but if the demo isn't running I can't and won't buy the game.

Mouse is "frozen". I start the game and the mouse pointer does not move. So I use the keyboard to quite the demo...

Windows 7
I don't have any experience with Windows 7, but in other versions of windows, you could solve many mouse pointer related issues by reducing the graphic card hardware acceleration one notch down from the default setting of 'full'.

Last edited:
Ok, two other hints I found (both didn't help me, the 2nd is weird)

4) Use a tool like CPU-control and start the program at only 1 processor (if you have a dual/quad core from AMD)

5) If you have Vista32 and 2x2 GB it can help to remove one of the 2 GB RAMs (the guy said that it worked for him:
http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.kamrad.ru/kvb/printthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D87087&ei=_Sa1SpHhGYyj_AbT5t3ODQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522majesty%2B2%2522%2Bexception%2Bgem%2Beditor%2Bdevice.h%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26num%3D100)

Last edited:
Demo runs fine on my computer, no lag or anything, problem is that screen randomly turns very bright and few minutes later returns to normal, this is extremely annoying most of time, sometimes it get's just little brighter and has no effect on my ability to play, however, most of time it turns so bright that i can barely see anything on screen.

any ideas how to fix this?

Demo runs fine on my computer, no lag or anything, problem is that screen randomly turns very bright and few minutes later returns to normal, this is extremely annoying most of time, sometimes it get's just little brighter and has no effect on my ability to play, however, most of time it turns so bright that i can barely see anything on screen.

any ideas how to fix this?

Can you, please, specify your PC configuration and OS version?

Installation Problem

Greetings,

I have downloaded the demo and gone through the installation process three times now.

Each time, the demo appears to install normally. I get the message at the end of installation that the demo installed successfully.

However, the demo doesn't seem to exist anywhere on my computer. The installer "installed" the demo to Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Majesty 2 (Demo), but no such folder exists after installation.

I have restarted after installation, re-downloaded the demo from a different site, and re-installed three times, all with the same result.

Running Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1, Athlon X2 3800+.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The installation and game work fine.
I cannot though use the camera turn. The middle mouse button minimize majesty2 : Is there no options to tune controls ??

By the way, the game is great but ridiculously difficult. It's just impossible to beat mission 2.

Possible solution to gem/gem/ blah blah 217 error.

When I first ran the program it worked, then I got this error. I have discovered the error can occur if the color is set to 16-bit color and not 32-bit color. Changing the color in resolution setting to 32-bit color has resolved this error for me.

-
Detailed directions (windows)
1) Right-click open spot on desktop and go to personalize
2) Select Screen Resolution
3) Check color and confirm it is 32-bit color

Note: may be properties insteal of personalize and tab for resolution on older versions of windows.

Possible solution to gem/gem/ blah blah 217 error.

When I first ran the program it worked, then I got this error. I have discovered the error can occur if the color is set to 16-bit color and not 32-bit color. Changing the color in resolution setting to 32-bit color has resolved this error for me.

Thanx for the hint ... sadly, it DOESN'T work for me. But I'm getting more and more sure that the error is based in the graphic card - or not? It's very sad that the developers apparently don't take a look at this forum :( I mean who if not them can tell us what this error means?

Thanks, Hassat Hunter, for that suggestion, but turning off the various components of Windows Security Center didn't work.

This sure is disappointing so far. What a strange thing to have happen. I'm sure I won't get the actual game if I can't play the demo first.

[smacks forehead]

Exx, I can't believe it was there. I wonder why my numerous searches of windows never revealed it? No "Paradox Interactive" folder, no "Majesty 2 (Demo)" etc. Nothing. Yet there it is, sitting in the \Games folder. I don't think I've ever once looked in that folder until you asked.

Thanks, Exx. Now I'm going to go check it out!

When I try and start the demo I get
AssertEx failed, fs.is_open(), cannot create log file .\StdFileOutput.cpp, LogManager::FileOutput::FileOutput, 94
after clicking Ok or Cancel I get, Can't load specified Module -Game.dll, error : -2147483645

My Computer is Vista Premium and it has the required graphics and such to play

I should mention that there's aparently a problem with running on multi-core CPUs. I've had it myself, and it's also reported here. Setting the process to a single processor affinity works, but the AMD optimiser doesn't, and, obviously, neither is an optimal solution. The demo runs fine when I set the game to use 1 CPU, but naturally it's not great for performance.