Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Belize. We have encountered a bunch of Belizian Lizards... Belizards!

EDIT:

Contact established. The race identifies themselves as the Remagen Protectorate. I think Belizards is more appropriate, though.

Our diplomats should be sent to build bridges with these people :p

I think it's time to snap up the class-0 world in Gliese 320 before the Belizards get their reptilian claws on it.

G066_Game.jpg

Our diplomats should be sent to build bridges with these people...

Belizards probably don't use bridges... they look amphibious. But yes, the Diplomats are already hard at work, wining and dining them... or sharing ripped-open termite nests with them, or whatever.

New alien race encountered in the Gliese 390 system. Our scout will leave this one to the Diplomats.

G065_Game.jpg

Ugly buggers, aren't they?

He's smiling at us. That means he's friendly.

Found another genetic modification facility, and another free genetic tech that expands our temerature tolerance by another +/- 1 degree.

I agree that it is quite a flattering pic. They look much more jolly with their "cheese" face then the vacation pics where they're cracking open human skulls through a phallic construct popping out from their mouths

Hmm.. to me they look like creatures from "aliens" :)

See this: ;)

I agree that it is quite a flattering pic. They look much more jolly with their "cheese" face then the vacation pics where they're cracking open human skulls through a phallic construct popping out from their mouths

We find a new warhead that delivers massive amounts of radiation and destroys life completely (except for cockroaches, probably) and we suddenly find a new alien race. I hope you guys understand my point.

Correction: We suddenly find a new race that look like cockroaches :(

I'm all for bringing them into the galactic federation (have we got a name for it yet?). But yes, sieze Gliese 320 ASAP.

I'm all for bringing them into the galactic federation (have we got a name for it yet?)

United Federation of Planets. :nods:

Aye.

Hope the Belizards are friendly. :)

Hope the Belizards are friendly. :)

Oddly enough, in my limited experience with the game, the scarier/uglier the race picture the friendlier they seem to be. Could just be luck and a small sample size though.

I'm all for an avian empire, but it's important to give the non-avians at least the appearence of significance. So United Federation of Planets is fine by me - we can shorten it to The F... make that The Union, fighting those evil Dixie Prix.

Can we get a closeup picture on the combat area?

Also, if the belizards turn out to be hostile... Nothing our Marine rifles can't kill.

The game has no graphics. None. It is played using charts and tables, lists of data, and simple maps resembling radar scans.

G067_Game.jpg

G068_Game.jpg

G069_Game.jpg

G070_Game.jpg

G071_Game-1.jpg

G072_Game.jpg

That's as close to "a picture of the battle area" as you'll get.