• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This could be my issue with the 4th crusade crashing too! About 1217/18ish depending! I couldn't trace where it was. I had no idea that there was a Galicia in the Ukraine.

Do you know how to correct that Cool-Toxic? In your game files? I can fix that in my own files, and can try and upload them online like I did above. Gimme a few days to sort that out (unless Jord gets here beforehand.)

Glad that I could help. ;) Just change the dynasty ID from 102003 to 705, which is Rurikovich and this branch in Galicia is of Rurikvich in the other scenarios.

Glad that I could help. ;) Just change the dynasty ID from 102003 to 705, which is Rurikovich and this branch in Galicia is of Rurikvich in the other scenarios.

Also, there is a Rurikovich 169. Thats where I ended up assigning them. Additionally, one could bring up control 12 and kill off the son, then the father, so that a dynasty member with a last name can inherit. Saves the trouble to going into files- a quick fix until it can be officially corrected.

No problem. Do you mind if I ask why you prefer not to play with female succession? It did happen historically in Western Europe and a few other locals and CK inaccuratly creates a dynamic where it is erased from history... or at least the CK history.

I'm just curious, no judgement or anything.

Mainly because I'm used to playing CK without it and I'm not into having to marry off my female heir to a man with the same surname etc(Which I understood I have to, unless I was misinformed.)

So basically, just because playing without it is what I'm used to.

I might try it at a later date though!

Mainly because I'm used to playing CK without it and I'm not into having to marry off my female heir to a man with the same surname etc(Which I understood I have to, unless I was misinformed.)

So basically, just because playing without it is what I'm used to.

I might try it at a later date though!

*nod*

You do not absolutely have to marry them to a same dynasty named person, so long as you think stratigically and when you give her heir a count title, that before her death you log in as her heir so as to succeed to the kingdom.

*nod*

You do not absolutely have to marry them to a same dynasty named person, so long as you think stratigically and when you give her heir a count title, that before her death you log in as her heir so as to succeed to the kingdom.

Yeah. I might try it in the future but it still annoys me stuff like the fact that the ones who uses female inheritance are shown as monastic supremacies(Note this is in no way meant as criticism towards you, I know you do the best one can given the limitations modding for CK and I after having played with DVIP I find it hard to imagine playing CK without it.)

Last edited:
Hi guys! Been playing with CK since 2003 but I've just installed the DVIP and the 1204 scenario last week. My Jerusalem game keeps crashing around 1222 and my Latin empire crashes around 1217. Game crashes even when I try viewing the bridefinder ledger. The DVIP and the 1204 scenario's great! I can't enjoy decent, long-enough game unless I switch back to vanilla.

Is there a patch I need to download or something?

Yes you just need to change three numbers in the saves and the 1204 scenario(the character file).

See these posts from this thread actually just above and the page before this:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10871780&postcount=1716

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10878246&postcount=1721

thanks dude. i tried doing that but when i tried accessing the bridefinder ledger the game crashed again

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x005DEE96: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000010
03/16/10 07:12:56
SymGetLineFromAddr(): GetLastError = 126

anything else i should do?

thanks dude. i tried doing that but when i tried accessing the bridefinder ledger the game crashed again

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x005DEE96: ACCESS VIOLATION read attempt to address 0x00000010
03/16/10 07:12:56
SymGetLineFromAddr(): GetLastError = 126

anything else i should do?

That is another issue and that I have no quick solution for..

Hi. I'm currently planing to play as a Vlach (in the Balkan), I wanted to add a character to my save file (to give hilm titles), but I have just seen that there are no names associated with that culture. Is it normal ? Can I add as many names as I want (btw, Vlach are Romanians, right ?) or is there a maximum number of names in the Character name file ?

Well, I finaly discovered that the famous culture was originaly Iberian.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Been playing with CK since 2003 but I've just installed the DVIP and the 1204 scenario last week. My Jerusalem game keeps crashing around 1222 and my Latin empire crashes around 1217. Game crashes even when I try viewing the bridefinder ledger. The DVIP and the 1204 scenario's great! I can't enjoy decent, long-enough game unless I switch back to vanilla.

Is there a patch I need to download or something?

There is a dynasty in galach (spelling?) which is missing a dyansty tag, so when their son is born it is causing a crash. I corrected in my own files and no longer expierence crashes around 1217, but have not uploaded the corrections for here yet. Do you play with the Wales map mode? That is the only files that i have that are correct and will not crash... for that at least.

I have an event question:

I'm playing as Duke of Northumberland and have several kids. Every time a child is about 12, an event deducting massive Intrigue/Fighting/Stewardship etc. points happens about every 2 months. 1-5 points at a time. Is this supposed to happen and if so, why? Maybe I'm missing something? Help, please. :wacko::(

And since this Mod includes Female Succession, how do I make my daughter my heir?

Any help you can give is appreciated! :D

Edit: Also, I'd like to add the New Traits Mod to my game. Or is it already included? They are compatible, but which files do I have to edit and how? Sorry for so many questions.

E.

Last edited:
I have an event question:

I'm playing as Duke of Northumberland and have several kids. Every time a child is about 12, an event deducting massive Intrigue/Fighting/Stewardship etc. points happens about every 2 months. 1-5 points at a time. Is this supposed to happen and if so, why? Maybe I'm missing something? Help, please. :wacko::(

That event happens as a way of trying to fix a bug with children's stat balance. The normal range of stat scores is supposed to be from 0-10, with anything above 10 supposed to be indicating especially exceptional talent (like prodigy/genius level).

Unfortunately, with the bug it became real easy for everyone in the game to have scores way over 10, sometimes hitting in the upper 20s. The problem is that when everyone in the game has stat scores this high, the balance of the game gets thrown horribly out of whack. With massive intrigue, you don't need to rely on vassals, with massive stewardship, money never becomes an issue and you can field giant armies, and so on with other problems with the other scores. The event tries to bring the game back into proper balance.

As to female succession, I believe if you enable that inheritance law, your daughters will be able to inherit if you have no legitimate sons.

And no idea what the New Traits Mod is, sorry. ;)

That event happens as a way of trying to fix a bug with children's stat balance. The normal range of stat scores is supposed to be from 0-10, with anything above 10 supposed to be indicating especially exceptional talent (like prodigy/genius level).

Unfortunately, with the bug it became real easy for everyone in the game to have scores way over 10, sometimes hitting in the upper 20s. The problem is that when everyone in the game has stat scores this high, the balance of the game gets thrown horribly out of whack. With massive intrigue, you don't need to rely on vassals, with massive stewardship, money never becomes an issue and you can field giant armies, and so on with other problems with the other scores. The event tries to bring the game back into proper balance.

Understood! Makes sense, thank you!:)

Hi Jordy !

There is a small bug in the 1066 scenario:

Count of Corfu 'Nikephoros Bryennios' is unplayable :(

When you start a game with him, the game always goes 'gameover' !

Just a small fix for you, I suppose ! :)

Not possible as long as you have a valid heir under your ruling law. The event just issues a 'die' event, which functions exactly like all other forms of death (including old age).
Do you remember what laws are set?

I've had this one happen to me, and I think it is because the event triggers the ruler leaving the court, instead of dying as it should. Let me see if I can find it real quick.

Yeah, here it is, in BOP_char_events.txt:

Code:
character_event = {	# 19540 - Ruler's abdication - elder self-abdication
	id = 19540
	picture = "event_oldman"
	trigger = {		# not ai ruler-not command-not atwar-age >50-gold >500-not crazy-not heavy illness
		# ruler
		condition = { type = not value = { type = ai } }
		condition = { type = ruler }
		# war 
		condition = { type = not value = { type = command } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = atwar } }
		# age > 50
		condition = { type = age value = 50 }
		# stats
		condition = { type = gold value = 500 }
		# not crazy
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = schizofrenia } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = maniac } }
		# not heavy illness
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = plagueinfested } }	
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = pneumonia } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = inbred } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = leper } }	
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = intestinal_worm } }
	}
	mean_time_to_happen = {	# 
		months = 12
		# difficulty level 
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = difficulty value = 3 }
			factor = 1.5
		}
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = difficulty value = 4 }
			factor = 1.33
		}		
		# badboy 
		modifier = {	# slightly tarnished reputation
			condition = { type = badboy value =  2 }
			factor = 1.25
		}		
		modifier = {	# rather bad reputation
			condition = { type = badboy value = 10 }
			factor = 1.5
		}
		modifier = {	# extremely bad reputation
			condition = { type = badboy value = 20 }
			factor = 1.75
		}
		modifier = {	# worse than dishonourable scum
			condition = { type = badboy value = 30 }
			factor = 2
		}
		# personality traits
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = energetic }
			factor = 4
		}
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = selfish }
			factor = 4
		}
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = proud }
			factor = 4
		}
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = stubborn }
			factor = 4
		}
		# other traits
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = war_invalid }
			factor = 0.67
		}
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = depression }
			factor = 0.67
		}
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = stress_symptom }
			factor = 0.67
		}
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = trait value = realm_duress }
			factor = 0.67
		}
		# age > 55
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = age value = 55 }
			factor = 0.67
		}
		# age > 60
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = age value = 60 }
			factor = 0.75
		}
		# duke
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = duchy }
			factor = 1.5
		}
		# king
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = kingdom }
			factor = 2.25
		}
		# primary_heir is ruler_child
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = primary_heir 
				condition = { type = ruler_child }
			}
			factor = 0.67
		}
	}
	action_a = {	# buy a castle and abdicate
		effect = { type = gold value = -750 }
#		effect = { type = death value = ruler }
		effect = { type = leave_court }
	}
	action_b = {	# resist forever!
		effect = { type = random chance = 50		
			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = energetic } }
		effect = { type = random chance = 50		
			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = proud } }
		effect = { type = random chance = 75		
			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = selfish } }
		effect = { type = random chance = 75		
			effect = { type = add_trait for = ruler value = stubborn } }
	}
}

The option for action_a has the line to kill the ruler commented out, leaving the line with the effect to leave the court to trigger instead. Seems like it ought to be the other way around.

Hi Jordy !

There is a small bug in the 1066 scenario:

Count of Corfu 'Nikephoros Bryennios' is unplayable :(

When you start a game with him, the game always goes 'gameover' !

Just a small fix for you, I suppose ! :)

The most likely reason for that is that you start with 'elective law'. So when you start the game, change your inheritance law to something salic primogeneture or salic consanguinity.

The most likely reason for that is that you start with 'elective law'. So when you start the game, change your inheritance law to something salic primogeneture or salic consanguinity.

I don't have the time to do this ! The game automatically goes over.

I don't think that this problem has a link with the inheritance law. You don't have such problem with the other greek counts ...