• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Of course! You've cracked the case - Dec. 10 must be YHC's birthday!
Shhhhhh!
Nice to see the Inca consolidating their position while their main enemies waste their strength on each other.
Plus, good to see an update, hopefully things are moving back into balance for you.

Okay, time to bite the bullet I guess - I've been delaying this until I have some kind of a backlog but, well, there isn't much progress on that front so I'll just start updating and hope that I can manage a decent schedule. Can't really make any guarantees there other than that I'll do my best.

Thanks to Athalcor, no7892142 and Blxz, and probably someone who I forget before them, for nagging to me about this AAR. Who knows when I'd have continued if I didn't know that I had people waiting. :) Also, a HUGE thank you to everyone who's been so kind to me during a difficult time in my life, and patient with the unfortunate hiatus here. There are simply too many to name, but you know who you are and I have the utmost respect for you.

Of course! You've cracked the case - Dec. 10 must be YHC's birthday!

This might call for a doomsday cult.

Shhhhhh!
Nice to see the Inca consolidating their position while their main enemies waste their strength on each other.
Plus, good to see an update, hopefully things are moving back into balance for you.

It's been a while now but things are certainly moving in the right direction.

That Spanish-Portuguese war was nice in that it allowed me to go for England without letting the main enemies off the hook.

What casus belli? Horde?

Not sure what you mean, but Imperialism and Colonialism are the ones I've been using.

Arr Incan pirates...
We need them ^^

Arr matey! :D

Wooh! Inca's first step in the Carib

Indeed, it's about time we start leaving our cradle of continental America. :) Special thanks for leaving the last comment for such a long time, it was quite lovely and fitting having the thread say "Zzzzz..." for four and a half months. ;)

Chapter Sixty
1668-1670

Okay, I'm sure most readers will have the same question for me that I just had for myself: where were we? Well, we just threw the English out of the Caribbean, but other than that? Let's take a look at the world map on December 10th 1668.

63_01.jpg

Apart from the two southeasternmost provinces, Manekenk and Gallegos, continental South America is sealed with full provinces. Growing those two colonies into cities is the top colonization priority along with the north along the Portuguese border. The main Spanish holdings in North America are fully blocked.

Any spare colonists go first towards growing Galapagos and Malouines (Falklands), and if some are still left we'll be pushing north from Mexico or northwest from our US provinces.

We're ruled by A/D/M 3/8/7 Sapa Inca Huayna Capac II, we get full or close to full neighbor bonus in Production and Trade but are slightly ahead of time in the other research fields.

I suppose I know enough now to carefully plan my next course of action. Die, Spain!

63_02.jpg

We're not in particularly fantastic shape WE-wise due to all the TI pushing we've had to do lately (fighting the English instead of being at peace during the Spanish and Portuguese truces didn't help), but fortunately Spain is in much more severe trouble.

63_03.jpg

The Spanish don't appear to have any troops in our part of the world, so we storm across the borders and assault Spanish fortresses in North America. Three provinces fall in January and another one in February.

Trade tech level 31 is reached in March. Still full neighbor bonus, so I'll stay with Trade.

We take Jamaica in April in a successful landing, while three more provinces fall in the north. The Spanish-Portuguese war is a slight problem as the Portuguese hold one of the provinces that I'd like to take. Nothing much I can do about that right now.

63_04.jpg

Tarahumano in northwestern Mexico grows into a city in May. Late in the month, a Spanish regiment is spotted in their province on Hispaniola - my fleet drops some Inca there and we actually fight a battle!

63_05.jpg

You can stop holding your breath now, that's the only one in this war.

We get Trade tech 32 in June, while Spain is starting to beg for peace. Spanish level 1 forts are falling left and right, but the level 2 in Quinipissa still stands. That prevents us from making peace yet as I want that province.

63_06.jpg

I explore a bit in North America and capture a couple of islands in the Lesser Antilles to pass the time while a second army is moving to support the one already in Quinipissa.

Gallegos grows into a city in September. One province to go as far as a fully secure South America goes...

Quinipissa falls to an assault on the 16th, and the next day peace is signed (not on December 10th! Phew). I only have 4 warscore but that's actually plenty as the Spanish are willing to give WS+10 for peace and the provinces only cost one apiece.

63_07.jpg

Even with the one northern province unavailable due to Portuguese occupation, we add a pretty nice bunch of nine provinces, pushing the whole border a bit to the east.

63_08.jpg

All of the provinces produce tobacco, which not only makes them quite profitable in their own right, but also upgrades our producer bonus.

63_09.jpg

We get a new heir to the throne, Huascar, in November. He's quite bad at A/D/M 5/4/4, but at least the dynasty goes on.

An agricultural revolution event gives base tax in Guayabo, while Colonial policy has the same effect in Karaja in December.

Trade tech progresses to level 33 in January 1670, leading me to start investing in Production instead, but the more interesting event occurs later in the month. I might still be feeling my way around here a little, but the game is obviously ready for business: it's natural disaster time!

63_10.jpg

To the surprise of no-one, the maximum 90% of Mdewakantan's inhabitants die of smallpox, bombing the province from near city status to just under one hundred people. This is a bit of a bummer as Mdewakantan is the northern province along the Portuguese border - this slows down my push to block the Portuguese.

Late in the month the colonial policy event fires for Cuzco, which is pretty hilarious.

63_11.jpg

February creates more trouble for Spain as Granada DoWs them. Portugal already has Spain on the ropes, so with Granada joining in this could turn ugly for the Spanish.

Production tech 35 is reached in the beginning of August. Days later, Manekenk grows into a city.

63_12.jpg

With the South American coast fully colonized, the heart of the Inca nation is secure. There is still a lot of work to be done in America, but looking further ahead, there are also other plans...

Royal Palace of Cuzco. With the homeland finally safe, Huayna Capac II is discussing the long term future of the Inca with state official Anquimarca Quingallumbo and Pachacutec Quilaco, the legendary Inti scholar.

Anquimarca Quingallumbo: "...and I estimate that all of the thieves will be driven out of Inkamarca* within the next century, leaving us to live in peace."

Pachacutec Quilaco: "No."

Anquimarca Quingallumbo: "What? Isn't that our goal, to throw the intruders out of our lands?"

Pachacutec Quilaco: "Yes. But securing Inkamarca is not enough. The gods want revenge. Revenge that will take place in Suwamarca**."

Huayna Capac II: "Slaughtering their soldiers, sacrificing their children and driving those who remain to the ocean should be revenge enough. The Inca will not go on a mindless conquering spree like the thieves did."

Pachacutec Quilaco: "Mindless conquest? No. That will not be the Inca way."

Anquimarca Quingallumbo: "What do you suggest then?"

Pachacutec Quilaco: "We shall take from those who have tried to take from us. The Inca will not rest until the destruction of the thieves. Others will be spared if their ways are honorable."

Huayna Capac II: "Then so be it. For myself and for all future Sapa Incas, this is what we vow to do."

* "region of Incas", America
** "region of thieves", Europe

Hurray! It's back!

I was wondering if somebody could recommend a good tutorial-ish AAR for MEIOU. I downloaded it a while ago but haven't tried it yet. It seems like it's quite drastically different from standard EU 3.

I luuuurve the Colonialism CB in cases like that. It sucks, however, when you only border 1-2 provinces...

Pachacutec Quilaco: "We shall take from those who have tried to take from us. The Inca will not rest until the destruction of the thieves. Others will be spared if their ways are honorable."

A good object lesson in why you shouldn't let academics decide your foreign policy. I suppose the University of Cuzco's international relations faculty are going ashore in the first wave...

I sort of dropped out on commenting on this before it paused, so it's nice to see that natural disasters are still hitting you hard. :)

Welcome back, friend. Kick those silly Spaniards off your continent!

Once again it lives!
How long will it take to 'persuade' Spain and Portugal that it is time to leave the New World :D?
It seems that your path to the world domination is straight and clear by now. Hopefully your entire population won't die because of volcanoes/diseases/floods/earthquakes/meteoritic rains/alien invasions (choose your extinction catastrophe immediately after this ad and gain ANOTHER random cataclysm for FREE. This offer is time-limited).

Glad to see this return! The Iberian powers should soon be removed from America and then the Time of Revenge (wholly justified 'revenge' which will truly usher in a period of enlightment to the benighted European hordes) begins!

With the South American coast fully colonized, the heart of the Inca nation is secure.

Until a natural disaster kills 90% of the population in some province just as some Euro Thief is about to conquer it. :p

Welcome back :D

Wow, glad to see you're back at it, Malurous. I can't wait how the thieves will be punished, though there is a real chance the Spanish will roll over and die before the Inca get their revenge. The English seem well on their way to extinction, too, but you can always take Iceland in that case.