• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 11 : Conservateur v. Libéral (1853)​

The year starts of slow, yet again. The appearance this work of collected history gives of the nation is that everything happens towards the end of each chapter written on paper. This, we assure you, has been just mere coincidence. With this editorial note out of the way, in January we start laying down improved tracks in the nation. It will take a while to cover all the currently owned land, thus we expect an increase of productivity in 3 to 4 years from this point on.

1853research.png

Industry needs more improvements so research is directed towards better efficiency.

One of the often recurrences in this book have to be the consistency in insulting our countrymen throughout the ages. Late in February we have another one, this time it is the Empire of the Mughal that are not allowing Septimani in.

1853insults1.png

Another angry letter is sent by Congress.

The end of March sees the expansion of our hideous borders again due to colonization. The area north-east of Rhonnst is officially declared a part of the Seven Republics, and the region is known as Torsmark.

1853colony.png

The Evermoving Frontier will soon halt to a stop.

The end of April (1853 has a pattern concerning this end of the month stuff) sees the first President of the Seven Republics, Jacques Lahure, pass away due to old age combined with a long sickbed. May he rest in peace.

1853death.png

Services were held in Nouvelle Bruges.

Towards the end of May, troubling news reaches Congress. The news gives the appearance that there is a large rebel force massing in the nation, consisting of already over 200,000 Anarcho-Liberals. Congress decides to take cautionary measures and trains more suppression troop to deal with the eventual uprising.

1853revoltrisk.png

Rebel scum!

Finally, in July, the nation turns over a new leaf, and elections start. Without a President, Congress has been keeping the country in check, but only in a rump form. In the election, four parties were represented. First, there is the Parti Conservateur. After the untimely death of President Fallon, and after the recent loss of President Jacques Lahure, the party leadership was in a bit of a disarray. The top of the party decided to have Gérard Thibaudeau run for office. Secondly, there is the Parti Radical, with once again John Stavreau running. With the 200,000 strong revolution sentiment there is a good chance that the party will take a couple of states. Thirdly, the Parti de la Nation. Not as organized as in the earlier days of the Republics, Jean Beaucomp is once again running. Lastly, the youngest party of the lot, the Parti Libéral. Formed in 1850 out of the ashes of the Parti Patriote, the new Liberals are much more prepared for an election. The party was lead by Werner Zoude, from Flemish forefathers. So far the political scene has been dominated by Walloons and Northern French, but this election could bring a change on this.

1853election1.png

It's election time! 6 months of heavy debating start now.

Sad news has to be messaged to Afrique, the Senate has decided to cut funding on our botanical expedition. After our first successful one, hopes were high but eventually unfounded.

1853botany.png

No new plants would be discovered soon.

The first debate is one on the army. At the moment it looks like the Liberals are ahead in Haute Valoisie. This does not bode well for the Conservatives.

1853election2.png

Both Conservatives and Liberals support Pro Military if I'm not mistaken.

Another debate on war, this time an even more heated one, talking about Jingoism.

1853election3.png

A small increase in Jingoistic sentiment.

August is one of the busiest months of the year regarding news. First there are religious fights breaking out in Richardville, forcing the government to react, and the Clergymen don't like it.

1853rite.png

That's a consciousness jump.

On the 26th and on the 28th, 2 regions gain a core on them, meaning that the Republics can freely claim them back might they be lost to the enemy.

1853patrimony.png

Ussy and Laneau. Beautiful.

More civil unrest in Haute Valoisie follows suit, on the 27th people mass on the streets to call for civil reform.

1853rally.png

The government sees the light, at least in the protester's eyes.

September 1st, and the process to refine Cokes is discovered by accident. Nevertheless, coal production goes through the roof and is now second only to tobacco.

1853discovery.png

75% is a lot.

September 2nd has another debate ready to be chewed down by the running candidates. By now it has become clear that this is a race between the Conservatives and the Liberals.

1853election4.png

An immigration debate.

1853election5.png

Followed by a religious debate.

Towards the end of September, we have another farmer's bank started. We are generous and let the bank grow in size, it cannot hurt the economy, can it?

A couple of days later, on October 1st, another country has the nerve to insult us by not letting Septimani subjects in. This insulting has become a plague!

1853insults2.png

Congress sends yet another letter, this time to Bali.

In Basse Léonie, a big head to head debate is fought out between De Zande and Thibaudeau. It's an economic debate, and on this subject both sides differ the most.

1853election6.png

Free trade won, an important Liberal victory.

In Flandre Supérieure, a debate was held with Laissez-Faire on one side and Planned Economy on the other side. Laissez-Faire had won tremendously, and in a state that provides 10% of the electoral vote, the Liberals seemed to be cruising to victory.

1853election7.png

Go directly to jail, don't pass go, don't collect your 200$ salary.

In Fort Dagobert, those feeling suppressed by the Septimani, found ways to preserve their own identity and seemed to be peacefully rebelling against the government. It seems that it has actually improved their lust for work.

1853election8.png

The last debate, another military issue being resolved.

On January 1st 1854, the elections are over. And a new Upper House is formed also. The Parti Conservateur had won the popular vote, but unable to make a stable government, the Parti Libéral took up leadership, in a loose coalition with the Parti Radical. Werner Zoude was the new President of the Seven Republics, and the first Liberal at that. Strangely enough, Liberal sentiment in the Upper House diminished slightly, not reflecting the Lower House elections accurately. But it happened.

1853uh.png

Last edited:
I ruddy approve of these updates barreling in fast, it keeps peaking my interest furthur and furthur!

Who or what are Ashinibaninininini's?

And the Liberals JUST closed that final gap.

So, we shall soon see an end to slavery soon?

Last edited:
The Liberals in 7Rep are interventionist, IIRC.

I switched them around with conservatives a while back... because I felt a bit gamey when half of the factories kept closing after loading a save game, and capitalists not re-opening them whatsoever.

It's gonna suck again this time around I bet >_> stupid save game economy bug

I ruddy approve of these updates barreling in fast, it keeps peaking my interest furthur and furthur!

Who or what are Ashinibaninininini's?

And the Liberals JUST closed that final gap.

So, we shall soon see an end to slavery soon?
I think Ashinabe is an unciv native country with cores in north-east 7Republics and Vinland.

Silly natives, thinking that they have the right to rebel from the mighty Seven Republics. *Shakes head*

I think Ashinabe is an unciv native country with cores in north-east 7Republics and Vinland.

Silly natives, thinking that they have the right to rebel from the mighty Seven Republics. *Shakes head*

So Indians then?

Indians live in India. Who would ever confuse them with Ashinabe? Everyone knows M. Christophe Columbus of Bayonne believed he had landed in Japan.

I dunno, this time line confuses me!

has anyone ever discussed the problem that only seven republics is playable. tried plantagnia and i was couldn´t buy regular clothes. ( after 5 years i had bought 0.06/ 18.41). any way to fix that ? if not the mod is broken for the other american states. ( tried it with seven republics and they have no problem getting reg clothes)

has anyone ever discussed the problem that only seven republics is playable. tried plantagnia and i was couldn´t buy regular clothes. ( after 5 years i had bought 0.06/ 18.41). any way to fix that ? if not the mod is broken for the other american states. ( tried it with seven republics and they have no problem getting reg clothes)

yay! the mod is broken! Let's panic!

is that your answer my friend ? insulting me without helping ?!

Oh no, sorry :). I am just a bit allergic to the word broken. The mod has not done anything to the economy of the world so any economic problems please address as vanilla complains.

ok no real harm was done :)

have only played some games with pop demand mod so far and not a single one with vanilla 1.3. but I really like the idea of your mod. Do you have any idea what I could do with plantagnia. The seven republics have no problem building troops and I cannot even build a singe brigade of regulars. The seven republics have 100000 soldiers and I have only 18000

ok no real harm was done :)

have only played some games with pop demand mod so far and not a single one with vanilla 1.3. but I really like the idea of your mod. Do you have any idea what I could do with plantagnia. The seven republics have no problem building troops and I cannot even build a singe brigade of regulars. The seven republics have 100000 soldiers and I have only 18000

Seven Republics control the heartland of the US and if they are not defeated till 1860, they will often ascend to the position of a world superpower by 1900s.
You need to gain some factories to produce regular clothes. (build them, conquer them...who cares?)