• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It should be possible to put together a script that would look at the traits lines in the save file, and subtract 1 from each number that is greater than or equal to 112. I'd do it myself, but I don't have quite the programming chops to do it quickly enough to be useful. That way, we'd all have the same checksum.

Hmmn, easy enough fix, but wouldn't it be better and easier to push out a extremly hot fix right now and save you the headache later when pretty much everyone have made a 1.11 save?

Are titular kingdom titles somehow broken too? My vassals are non-stop voting for my titular kingdom titles after I patched the game. My primary kingdom title is agnatic-cognatic elective.

EDIT: Nevermind, all my dejure vassals just elected their favourites to titular titles once. My real heir of my primary title is still inheriting all my titles, no matter who vassals are voting for on titular titles. I just moved those voting alerts to show only in log, and seems working ok again.

Last edited:
Very likely, it results from the same issue.

Yes, it was me with half my court having syphilis, and it was indeed the same issue. Playing Norse and it looks as though everyone with the 'Child of Concubine' trait (of which there are a fair few) had it swapped for syphilis.

I've now sorted it by editing the traits.txt files to move siege leader to the end of the list as suggested earlier in this thread and it's worked a treat, everything's back to normal. Phew!

It should be possible to put together a script that would look at the traits lines in the save file, and subtract 1 from each number that is greater than or equal to 112. I'd do it myself, but I don't have quite the programming chops to do it quickly enough to be useful. That way, we'd all have the same checksum.

I'd prefer this solution too.

To finish old saves, move the trait 'siege_leader' from 00_traits.txt to be last in 02_traits.txt instead. These files are in the common\traits folder. Note that this will affect your checksum, so make backups of the files.

How will this affect te events that give the trait out? Will they start giving out "Born in the Purple" traits?

How will this affect te events that give the trait out? Will they start giving out "Born in the Purple" traits?

Changing the order of the traits in the files only affects save games (and the checksum), nothing else.

I've tossed together a quick mod that makes the necessary changes. I'll also make a thread for this over in the mod subforum.

View attachment 87753

Thank you!

--
Obviously, the Devs didn't think about the consequences of placing a new trait into the established ones ... they could have at least provided a fix for the save games on their own, thank god there is a good mod community.

--
I love that new auto-ending-plot feature!

Does anyone know why intermarry is only active for Norse pagans by default?

Does anyone know why intermarry is only active for Norse pagans by default?
You mean other pagans can't intermarry and neither can Catholic-Orthodox-Miaphysite? That's bad. Can Norse marry all other pagans?

And Paradox, the sooner you do a hotfix, the better. At the moment lots of CK2 players haven't updated yet or their updated saves are bugged ones. If you hotfixed right now then most saves would be fine.

You mean other pagans can't intermarry and neither can Catholic-Orthodox-Miaphysite? That's bad. Can Norse marry all other pagans?
No, the Norse pagans can marry between the Old and Reformed version, while nobody else can.
Catholic-Orthodox-Miaphysite still works.

And Paradox, the sooner you do a hotfix, the better. At the moment lots of CK2 players haven't updated yet or their updated saves are bugged ones. If you hotfixed right now then most saves would be fine.
I agree, it surprised me greatly they did not decide to do this before end of the business day.

/ And maybe all of them are working on eu4 instead.
This I believe :)

I think we on the CK2 fora will have to accept that we've gone from being the apple of Paradox' eye to a red-headed stepchild. Now the denizens of EUIV will be basking in the glow of podcat and DR!

Release EUIV.
While you're at it provide people with a converter CKII->EUIV.
Wait till people have sufficiently advanced savegames.
Patch CKII and botch it.

Are you kidding me?