• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zakarag

Human
26 Badges
Dec 27, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Essentially, this mod is an attempt to produce an altered version of MyMap with updated AGCEEP 1.58 that is strictly better than the one previously issued. Consequently, we have thus far made few sweeping changes and have instead opted for correcting numerous errors, adding historical events, and porting the latest version of AGCEEP to MyMap. The exception to this is America, where numerous polities have been added, but to make this universally acceptable their existence is optional.

This mod is unrelated to Drjosef's Enhanced MyMap, as I never had the chance to download that before the link died. It is, however, based on Therion's Validated MyMap. Further credit goes to Agung Pasha, XieChengnuo, Mad King James, the AGCEEP High Council, and everyone else who worked on MyMap and AGCEEP. Credit for work on the most recent versions of MEP also goes to Kelvin. I disclaim all credit for my modifications.

All sugestions/corrections/additions/whatnot are welcome.

Current brief list of features/changes:

- Asian events, monarchs, and leaders have been updated to AGCEEP 1.58
- AIs have been made functional by replacing obsolete country tags
- All "indian" and "native" cultures worldwide have been replaced with actual cultures (54 cultures added)
- 7 initial countries have been added in 1419 (Dughlat Emirate, Sukhotai, Kashmir, Badakhshan, Attawandaron, Azcapotzalco, Tonga)
- 4 further American nations have been added (Erie, Cherokee, Anishinaabe, Creek) that can be turned off in the options
- 2 further revolt.txt countries has been added (Uighuristan, Punjab)
- 1 country has been removed from 1419 (Aztecs) since it didn't exist at that time
- 5 religions have been added (Mandaeanism, Church of Bosnia, Bogumilism, Tengriism, Mythopoeic)
- Over 90 detailed events have been scripted for Central Asia and other areas, mostly based on primary sources (e.g. the Tarikh-i-Rashidi, etc.)
- Numerous further events have been added or updated to match the newest version of AGCEEP
- Numerous errors (grammatical and historical) have been corrected in events, monarch names, country names, cultures, cores, terrain, population, etc.
- The bizarre Byzantine Empire in Madagascar sequence has been moved to fantasy events
- All provinces now have rectified names (no more "PROV_dalmatian" in America, etc.), and sea provinces have unique names
- A colorscale with the original MyMap water color has been added
- This mod is tested and validated (although the Clausewitz validator does yield a few false positives, as it doesn't correctly parse the "type = control" command)

Short-term plans:

- Update old events to AGCEEP 1.58
- Add AGCEEP 1.58 events that are not present
- Script events for Sukhotai's annexation and Kashmir
- Remove potential sources of instability

Potential long-term plans:

- Populate North America with more polities
- Correct Meso- and South America
- Script events for American interactions and plagues
- Add more religions, possibly with FTGWATKABAOI as a model
- Add a 1259 scenario and script events between 1259 and 1419

Screen captures of early stages:
+MyMap_America_cultural.png

+MyMap_CentralAsia.png

+MyMap_Laurentia.png

Download thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?604228-MyMap-Expansion-Project-%28MEP%29-download-thread

Last edited:
New version uploaded, with several new events, leaders, and monarchs, including events dealing with the Uzbeks' capture of Samarkhand (and the Chagatai Khan's involvement therein), and numerous errors in old events corrected.

Is this forum generally dead? Should I bother to continue uploading after updating?

Please do.

If you need help with adopting 1.58 I'd be glad to help if I can (mostly with events). This seems the only way we'll ever have a fairly recent AGCEEP version on a new map.

Please do.

Then so I shall!

If you need help with adopting 1.58 I'd be glad to help if I can (mostly with events). This seems the only way we'll ever have a fairly recent AGCEEP version on a new map.

Any help would certainly be appreciated. I will probably be finishing scripting events based on the Tarikh-i-Rashidi and the Shah Noma before I move to AGCEEP updating, so if you wish to start anywhere, it probably wouldn't overlap with my current work. In general, feel free to do anything you think would improve the mod. It would certainly be excellent to have a MyMap mod more updated than 2005...

PS: for me at least it crashed after a few months of gameplay.

That's odd; I've tested it repeatedly for nearly a hundred years each game, and it has always worked for me (after debugging, of course, but the uploaded versions were debugged). Have you consistently been having crashes? Does moddebug.txt reveal anything?

Any help would certainly be appreciated. I will probably be finishing scripting events based on the Tarikh-i-Rashidi and the Shah Noma before I move to AGCEEP updating, so if you wish to start anywhere, it probably wouldn't overlap with my current work. In general, feel free to do anything you think would improve the mod. It would certainly be excellent to have a MyMap mod more updated than 2005...

I'll let you know when I install it. Right now I have the "validated" version with some additional stuff that I've either picked up somewhere on the board or even scripted myself. Basically, I'll have to compare "validated" version with 1.58 and with this version, and only then start with making changes to fit them into this version. I can put an hour or two each day, so we'll see how much work that'll be.

I'll probably start with the two areas I've played the most, BYZ-TUR relations and conflicts, and the BRA-PRU sequence.

And I recommend finding a name for this, at least for the sake of the folder name.

New version uploaded, with several new events, leaders, and monarchs, including events dealing with the Uzbeks' capture of Samarkhand (and the Chagatai Khan's involvement therein), and numerous errors in old events corrected.

Is this forum generally dead? Should I bother to continue uploading after updating?

why are you wasting your time when there is a playbale huge map, latest AGCEEP going on with issues....Plvs Vltra

why are you wasting your time when there is a playbale huge map, latest AGCEEP going on with issues....Plvs Vltra

I don't know about the others, but, for me, that map was never as appealing as MyMap... Call me weird, call me nitpicker, but I don't like it much. :glare:

I'll let you know when I install it. Right now I have the "validated" version with some additional stuff that I've either picked up somewhere on the board or even scripted myself. Basically, I'll have to compare "validated" version with 1.58 and with this version, and only then start with making changes to fit them into this version. I can put an hour or two each day, so we'll see how much work that'll be.

I'll probably start with the two areas I've played the most, BYZ-TUR relations and conflicts, and the BRA-PRU sequence.

Ah, excellent. Would you be willing to post the "additional stuff" as well, to have it be incorporated?

And I recommend finding a name for this, at least for the sake of the folder name.

Yes, definitely. Alas, I lack ideas! I suppose we could always go with some Latin phrase, or a simple acronym of some sort... any other possibilities?

I see no reason we can't have multiple mods... I did download Plvs Vltra, look at it, and test it for some time. I hope it will continue to be developed. It seems right now that it is in a very rough state: there are quite a few glaring historical inaccuracies across Asia and the Americas, and in general it looks quite unfinished. Of course, all of that could (and hopefully will) be fixed by further modding. Nonetheless, I am not certain of what Plvs Vltra's design philosophy is, whether the changes made in this mod would be acceptable there, vel cetera. Considering I've scripted about a hundred new events so far and made extensive further changes, I'm not even certain how I would go about submitting all of that for review.

Moreover, to be perfectly honest, WATKABAOI is an excellent map for the later centuries (and it looks better on large zoom levels), but I think MyMap is preferable by far for matters up to at least 1600 (or even later). WATKABAOI's arrangements in Mesoamerica and Central Asia are basically entirely unworkable for modelling the historical situations there in 1419, for instance. Khotan and Kashgar are separated by a sea of PTI where they should be adjacent, and there are not enough provinces to accurately model the Aztec Empire's surrounding empires and city-states. Numerous other such problems exist, and they all tend to add up. I think there are quite a few people who still prefer MyMap; why not have multiple mods to accomodate different maps?

Anyway, I don't mind if the people working on Plvs Vltra take everything I've done here and adopt it there as well. All of my contributions should be considered public domain.

On another note, I've gone through all the AI files and replaced the Uxx tags with the correct country tags, so the AI should be functioning properly now. I've also scripted the disintegration of the Chagatai Khanate into Moghulistan and Uighuristan and a few other things. I'll wait to upload until Kelvin's had a chance to compare things.

Last edited:
I see no reason we can't have multiple mods... I did download Plvs Vltra, look at it, and test it for some time. I hope it will continue to be developed. It seems right now that it is in a very rough state: there are quite a few glaring historical inaccuracies across Asia and the Americas, and in general it looks quite unfinished. Of course, all of that could (and hopefully will) be fixed by further modding. Nonetheless, I am not certain of what Plvs Vltra's design philosophy is, whether the changes made in this mod would be acceptable there, aut cetera. Considering I've scripted about a hundred new events so far and made extensive further changes, I'm not even certain how I would go about submitting all of that for review.

Moreover, to be perfectly honest, WATKABAOI is an excellent map for the later centuries (and it looks better on large zoom levels), but I think MyMap is preferable by far for matters up to at least 1600 (or even later). WATKABAOI's arrangements in Mesoamerica and Central Asia are basically entirely unworkable for modelling the historical situations there in 1419, for instance. Khotan and Kashgar are separated by a sea of PTI where they should be adjacent, and there are not enough provinces to accurately model the Aztec Empire's surrounding empires and city-states. Numerous other such problems exist, and they all tend to add up. I think there are quite a few people who still prefer MyMap; why not have multiple mods to accomodate different maps?

Anyway, I don't mind if the people working on Plvs Vltra take everything I've done here and adopt it there as well. All of my contributions should be considered public domain.

On another note, I've gone through all the AI files and relaced the Uxx tags with the correct country tags, so the AI should be functioning properly now. I've also scripted the disintegration of the Chagatai Khanate into Moghulistan and Uighuristan and a few other things. I'll wait to upload until Kelvin's had a chance to compare things.

I tested mymap in the balkans when it was initially released and I find mymap opposite to you in Plvs Vltra, I find mymap inaccurate in europe, which is why I wanted the balkan areas changed. I have no comment outside of europe in regards to the map. I must say the designer knew his history, while the designer of mymap did not know euro history.
I use 1.3 ATM while others use 1.2 and it works for me in Plvs Vltra without an issue. mymap after v1.39 has never worked for me , not even for 10 years.

Anyway, we can all do what we want, I just wanted to inform you of plvs Vltra. ( pity paradox have prevented a name change of the thread from watkabaoi to Plvs Vltra)

May I ask your system specs, Blaster and Zakarag?

Like Blaster, I also get frequent crashes on MyMap (one of the reasons which led me to stop developing it and switch to the Watkabaoi map).

When I tested MyMap with fewer nations, I got no CTDs whatsoever, even on extremely fast speed. So I suspect the crashes are related to the processing power required to handle all the nations of MyMap, which outnumber AGCEEP's (and by extension Plvs Vltra's) by ~60 IIRC.

Thing is my machine is 6-cored, each having a clockspeed of 3.2GHz, and hosts 16GB of RAM. Back in EU2 days, when I had a much less powerful PC, I could play MyMap without issues. :confused:

Zakarag said:
I see no reason we can't have multiple mods... I did download Plvs Vltra, look at it, and test it for some time. I hope it will continue to be developed. It seems right now that it is in a very rough state: there are quite a few glaring historical inaccuracies across Asia and the Americas, and in general it looks quite unfinished. Of course, all of that could (and hopefully will) be fixed by further modding. Nonetheless, I am not certain of what Plvs Vltra's design philosophy is, whether the changes made in this mod would be acceptable there, aut cetera. Considering I've scripted about a hundred new events so far and made extensive further changes, I'm not even certain how I would go about submitting all of that for review.

I agree. There shouldn't be a problem with multiple mods.

And I agree that Plvs Vltra is still in a rough state. For the most part, Plvs Vltra remains much of a one-man project in terms of modding, although I've been fortunate enough to have the assistance of Toio (an excellent tester and promoter), Bordic (event scripting for AGCEEP) and Basileios II (event conversion).

I chose to halt development mainly because:
1. the prospect of patch 1.3, which is due to feature some additions and modifications to event scripting (I had been going through all the AGCEEP events, nation-by-nation, and I did not want to do that all over again)
2. discontent with some areas of the map, particularly the lack of PTI in Africa
3. lack of interest from the community
4. work deadlines (which are now over, thankfully)

As it stands, I would say #2 is the most problematic given that there is currently no remedy and that the only alternative is MyMap, in which I find much to be desired. Geographical proportionalism aside, the entire Siberian corridor can be thoroughly explored with just one conquistador, some PTI is situated in pretty awkward places (e.g. the one in Persia) and some provinces are pretty much unclickable.

Windows 7, Intel Core Duo 1,83 Ghz, 2gb RAM

I, personally, would had given away quite a few new additions to the eu2 game for a brand new map. I'm sure the average player, the mass that used to play this, also would have found this (and the fixing of some bugs) a reason to stick with us here ... Remember the old thread with the AGCEEP map?

Last edited:
I tested mymap in the balkans when it was initially released and I find mymap opposite to you in Plvs Vltra, I find mymap inaccurate in europe, which is why I wanted the balkan areas changed.

Weird, Balkans is one of the reasons I don't like WATKxxx map as it oversimplifies things, IMO.

Yes, there could be an another province in Sicily and the tilted South America looks weird, but hey, we can't have everything, as the AGCEEP has shown us with their announced, but never even partly shown map.

I've just downloaded the latest Plvs map and there are thing that I really like on it... but it still looks a bit raw, unfinished to the slick, glossy feel of MyMap. And I still don't like the Balkans too much, nor do I like the Sahara, Rockies and vast areas of Amazon being accessible for colonization. PTI on MyMap much better reflects the inability to field any siginficant armies in those areas, as well as the inhospitability of them for colonization until modern times (and it's not much better even today). There's more, but we're talking about MyMap here so I'll stop :D

On CTDs: I've never had many problems with MyMap, either on the previous configuration (Athlon 2500+ and 1.5 Gb RAM), nor on the current (DualCore 3.14, 4 GB RAM). Yes, I have an occasional CTD, but I think they can be mostly be attributed to scripting that is not adopted to FtG, as well as the 1.38 version of AGCEEP in the same situation.

Last edited:
Various commentary on maps, etc., etc...

Ultimately I think that, since unfortunately neither the AGCEEP map nor WATK4 are likely to ever be released, the question of MyMap vs. WATK for a given scenario will likely remain a matter of personal preference, so I'll refrain from debating their relative merits any more than I have. Anyway, I already spent long enough delaying my acquisition of FTG in hopes one of those new maps... Ah, well.

Therion said:
May I ask your system specs, Blaster and Zakarag?

64-bit Windows 7, Intel core i7-2630QM at 2 GHz with 6GB RAM.

Therion said:
When I tested MyMap with fewer nations, I got no CTDs whatsoever, even on extremely fast speed. So I suspect the crashes are related to the processing power required to handle all the nations of MyMap, which outnumber AGCEEP's (and by extension Plvs Vltra's) by ~60 IIRC.

Hmm... perhaps my initially-planned 43 further nations in the Americas are a bad idea, then? :p

Therion said:
I chose to halt development mainly because:
1. the prospect of patch 1.3, which is due to feature some additions and modifications to event scripting (I had been going through all the AGCEEP events, nation-by-nation, and I did not want to do that all over again)
2. discontent with some areas of the map, particularly the lack of PTI in Africa
3. lack of interest from the community
4. work deadlines (which are now over, thankfully)

I didn't realize development was halted. I hope it's not permanently so? As for patch 1.3, I have no idea what to expect (or if to expect it), but in the interim I'd rather promote some sort of community activity if at all possible, even if the mod will have to be reworked later.

Kelvin said:
On CTDs: I've never had many problems with MyMap, either on the previous configuration (Athlon 2500+ and 1.5 Gb RAM), nor on the current (DualCore 3.14, 4 GB RAM). Yes, I have an occasional CTD, but I think they can be mostly be attributed to scripting that is not adopted to FtG, as well as the 1.38 version of AGCEEP in the same situation.

While the FTG validator seems to work very well for ensuring that scripting conforms to FTG, it's quite possible that there are other random problems it hasn't caught that are causing CTDs, like the aforementioned Uxx-tag laden AI files. Since I last posted, I've also once had a CTD from all of Spain's leaders inexplicably duplicating (I still have no idea what could have caused that). Mostly, though, I currently find CTDs quite rare.

Unfortunately, I really have no idea how to circumvent the CTD problem if it is just related to processing power...

Hmm... perhaps my initially-planned 43 further nations in the Americas are a bad idea, then? :p

I'd say that the current MyMap-AGCEEP setup is almost enough, the only thing that could be added (maybe) would be a few NAmerican native states, but only if they have some degree of cohesion and organization. Right now, we have the Iroquis Confederation and Huron Nation, but several larger groups could be added.

Last edited:
I'd say that the current MyMap-AGCEEP setup is almost enough, the only thing that could be added (maybe) would be a few NAmerican native states, but only if they have some degree of cohesion and organization. Right now, we have the Iroquis Confederation and Huron Nation, but several larger groups could be added.

Yes, the plan was only to include states that had some degree of centralization, especially if they conducted significant foreign policy (like the Kingdom of Quito or the Cofitachequi Chiefdom). I was excluding anything like the Shawnee or the various Pueblo people who apparently had no large-scale government. I also tried to only put nations on the coast if the natives there had relatively high aggressiveness anyway, so as to not interfere with colonization. The current setup in Central and South America is, unfortunately, very historically inaccurate (even if it is much better than vanilla), and excludes quite a few important polities. North America is rather easier to deal with, because I can set the additional nations to be optional, but in South and Central America their presence is rather vital to Inca and Aztec expansion, as they mostly need to be conquered by them by 1500. North America is rather interesting, though, as the game starts at just about the time when the Mississippian cultures fell into irreversible decline, trade networks broke down, and the Southern death cult began to break apart. The actual planned setup was roughly thus:

+MyMap_AmericasB.png

Anyway, though, I'll definitely postpone making any significant changes there, so as to not make CTDing any more frequent than it already is.

If you want to be successful with this mod, I'd say focus on finishing a stable version of latest AGCEEP on MyMap. After all this time we're left with only various attempts at this that now I wonder why isn't it clear that those modders should maby unite their effort in doing this first?

(I don't want to be misunderstood, I apreciate you all and I'm sorry I can't do more)

Last edited: