• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think sprites should show the brigades attached as well. If you have an artillery brigade, you would see an artillery piece next to the infantry soldiers...

You can have up to five brigades in a Div. So what if you have an Inf.Bde plus an Art, AC, ENG, R.Art? And more than one Div in the province which has different Bde's attached?

I think this is a limitation of the EUIII engine - there can only be one sprite/counter in each province, and it can only represent the most important type of the Bde's making up the unit(s).

You can have up to five brigades in a Div. So what if you have an Inf.Bde plus an Art, AC, ENG, R.Art? And more than one Div in the province which has different Bde's attached?

I think this is a limitation of the EUIII engine - there can only be one sprite/counter in each province, and it can only represent the most important type of the Bde's making up the unit(s).

Yes, you are right. It would have worked better with HoI2-system. I think all these brigades is gonna clutter up the game. I would have prefered 1 brigade/division, since I don´t like excessive micromanagement, but I guess I´m pretty lonely in that view... :(

Ok about chain of command:

1. Will there be any distinction between Armored-Infantry-'Normal'-Mechanized-Mountain-etc. Corps/Army?

2. What about max size of each Corps/Army? Will it depend on leader skills/rank or will it be in text files? Maybe no max for them?

3. Will it be moddable what sort of units inside each Corps makes that difference.

For example: 1 Armored Div + 1 Mechanized Div + 1 Motorized Div will be named Armored, Mechanized or Motorized Corps?

Will we be able to set what kind of Army structures AI creates? Not only what kind of Divisions they produce but also how are they distributed?
Like - place Tank Divs in Tank Corps or place them with Infantry Divs as a support?

EDIT:
What my point is that everybody would like to see proper use of troops. German Armored Spearheads fallowed by other fast moving units etc. That should be assigned at Corpse/Army level for good interaction between units and really succesfull operations and strategy for example Blitzkrieg.

Last edited:
alpha_dec3a.jpg

Just make me cry guys... having seen that I actually could die in peace :D.
But somethings seems wrong to me, Santiago province limits looks weird, or frontiers with Argentina aren't so irregular, seems to me that you push Argentina territory to far to the west just at the north border of Santiago.

The port in HoI3 should be Valparaíso and at the end of the map should be Cauquenes, Talcahuano = Concepción, they are two parts of the same city.
C'mon guys! He's right. That CHL-ARG border is completely wrong!, I Know that it wasn't a war zone but please make it right! Also, Santiago is a mountain locked city, so why did you make it a port? I don't think that only one more province to represent Valparaíso would alter the game!:rofl: