• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like that did it. I don't think the Chinese are going to be able to push you back any time soon.

Let's keep our fingers crossed! I've had more than my share of surprises already this game.

I'm looking forward to seeing you take out the Chinese.

Welcome!

Zog and his ministers look forward to the same, but the Chinese have dealt with tougher invaders than Albania before. Don't forget they've been holding off the Japanese for the last 6 years in this game.

[size=+1]1943, Fall – Canton? Can-do![/size]

The fall has Albania finally making some progress on the Asiatic front. Back in Europe, the invasion of Persia is a morass of overextended supply lines due to all the Axis troops crowding in there.

Ch18_01_Persia.jpg

At least it keeps them off the streets...

The Persians are at 95% surrender, so at least this should end pretty soon. In northeast Asia, Japan still hasn’t recovered Beijing but the amount of Chinese troops they need to face off against is dwindling.

Ch18_02_Manchuria.jpg

In the next three months I have several divisions of Marines and Infantry that will be produced, so there is that to look forward to. Zog sends some government officials to Canton to get first-hand reports of the progress of the war against China.

Ch18_03_AlbanianOfficials.jpg

16 October: Still advancing in China.

Ch18_04_ChinaAdvances.jpg

With the poor infrastructure here, the men are often forced to walk, which usually works out as the army is poorly equipped with motor vehicles as it is…

Ch18_05_TroopsMarching.jpg

30 October: A little more land taken, and my Officer Ratio is starting to dip a little.

1 November: Persia is conquered. Somehow Germany got a large slice of territory even though there was no way to get there without passing through land owned by either myself or a puppet. Honestly, every time I think I understand all the land acquisition rules, I see a counter-example like this one. I suppose this is their revenge for my having cheated them out of most of Europe.

”How dare you kidnap what I rightfully stole!” – Vizzini

Ch18_06_Persia.jpg

13 November: Another corps of Albanian Infantry is finished. This dips my Officer Ratio to 115% so I stop to get it back up.

Ch18_07_Infantry.jpg

27 November: Getting close to taking the Guangxi Clique VPs, and not much is happening anywhere else.

”There’s a kind of… hush… all over the world, tonight” – Herman’s Hermits

Ch18_08_NearGuilin.jpg

2 December: Attack on the Guangxi Clique capital. In a very rare event, one of my few leaders is actually involved.

Ch18_09_GuilinAttack.jpg

4 December: My Marines are done. Placing these four divisions drops my Officer Ratio back down to 108%.

16 December: Not much happening. Still fighting in China.

Ch18_10_Canton.jpg

23 December: Surprise! Two of the new corps of volunteers are being sent to conquer South Africa.

Ch18_11_SouthAfrica.jpg

26 December: I move into Guangzhou and Guilin on Christmas Day, 1943, leading up to…

Ch18_12_GuangxiDefeat.jpg

Albanian newspapers are full of boasts of the prowess of Albanian arms. Despite the extensive help they have been receiving from their American allies, the War Office is confident that the end of the Nationalists is just a matter of time.

I am still concerned about the lack of upgrades for the loaned forces. It means that they might be too inferior to whatever opposition they'll have to face...

Alright, so close to Operation Zog Fury: America

All in good time my friend...

"I cannot teach him, he has no patience"
"He will learn patience..."

I am still concerned about the lack of upgrades for the loaned forces. It means that they might be too inferior to whatever opposition they'll have to face...

I agree. But I'm not sure what can be done about it. The only sure-fire solution would be to return them so they get upgraded by their owners, but I doubt I would ever see them again if I did that. I've never had gifted units on such a scale before, so I'm open for advice on how to proceed.

I wouldn't risk it in my opinion. They seem to only be giving you units when you declare war on a nation that you are the only 1 with access to, not a whole lot of nations left. The only way I could see them possibly being sent back to you after upgrading, would be if you invaded the Soviets.

[size=+1]1944, Winter – Diversions From the Main Problem[/size]

The New Year is bringing a bit of a twist. You may recall that some time ago I mentioned that the USSR was at war with a bunch of different people, including the USA, the Romanian government in exile, and the Chinese warlords. Well, it seems they have decided to toss their hat in the ring and have made a play for China.

Ch19_01_RussiaInvades.jpg

Long-term, I don’t know if a war with the Comintern is now on the table. The Axis powers will never be able to out-produce them (before 1948 anyway) so I don’t see how a war will be winnable against their vast Manpower without the nuclear bomb to back us up. We may have to settle for just trying to end this game with the elimination of the Allied powers.

”Ooooo, nice form, but a little rough on the landing. He may have to settle for the bronze” – Edward Nygma

27 December: Albanians arrive at Cape Town in our quest to defeat South Africa. All of the men are equipped with earplugs in case the enemy decides to pull out their vuvuzelas.

Ch19_02_SouthAfricaInvade.jpg

4 January: For some reason, even though I faced only Garrison divisions in South Africa, they weren’t easy to root out. I had to give up on Cape Town and settle for Port Elizabeth (which for some reason is sans port). At least now I have Marines ready back in Greece, so I can come back to Cape Town.

Ch19_03_SouthAfricaVPs.jpg

11 January: I get the Parliamentary Scandal that gives me the -20% Leadership hit. Marginally better than having ‘???’ for a Minister.

15 January: I’m winning in South Africa, but the mountain terrain makes it slow going to finish them off.

Ch19_04_SouthAfricaPolitical.jpg

19 January: The Chinese seem to have repelled the Soviet invasion, for the most part… I’m actually rooting for them. A Chinese counter-attack has taken Guilin, so that, I’m not as excited about.

Ch19_05_SovietsRepulsed.jpg

25 January: My Marines have arrived in South Africa, so it is off to Cape Town. Another Light Cruiser has also finished.

Ch19_06_AfricaMarines.jpg

26 January: I move into both Cape Town and Johannesburg which finishes South Africa.

28 January: The Soviet Union annexes Tannu Tuva. A long time ago, I sent the corps of volunteers that had eliminated Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet for me off to try and take out Xibei San Ma. However, they got stuck in the mountain terrain and a stalemate was quickly reached with the Chinese forces. No battles have been fought here for nine months to a year. I have two divisions of Mountain troops just recently deployed, so I hope they can start getting some progress going. I already have a border with Golmud, the Xibei San Ma capital, so I hope to use that to my advantage. XSM has two equally-weighted VP provinces which aren’t close to each other, so even after their capital falls, it won’t be easy to really get rid of them.

Ch19_07_XSMBorder.jpg

1 February: Forces are in place for a surprise DoW on Portugal. Whoops! How indiscreet of me...

Ch19_08_PortugalDoW.jpg

3 February: Battle of Lisbon. Marines have already taken Novo Lisboa in Africa, which is the next-highest Portuguese VP. I have every confidence in commander Photo Not Available.

Ch19_09_LisbonBattle.jpg

5 February: Lisbon is mine. I’ve also won the battle for Golmud, but it will take me forever to get into the province.

6 February: I see my French puppets are helping out in Asia. Maybe this is another dividend of my conquest of Persia: There is now a land-link of Albanian puppets going from France to China.

Ch19_10_FranceMarching.jpg

9 February: My volunteers score me a victory event over in China.

Ch19_11_BattleEvent.jpg

16 February: Taking the Cape Verde Islands.

Ch19_12_CapeVerdeIslands.jpg

18 February: A division moves into Lourenco Marques on the Mozambique shore, which puts Portugal at 100% surrender. Luckily for me Portugal is annexed outright and does not go GiE. I had hoped to send these troops I was using off to South America, but I see that I am still making slow progress against China so I will use them to reinforce that theatre instead.

24 February: Mengkukuo is liberated by Japan once again.

9 March: Zog, ever on the lookout for an advantage that will save Albanian lives in the long-run, approves a bold plan from the War Office to strike near Shanghai and make a push for Nanjing. In addition to capturing the perfidious Chiang Kai-shek, it is hoped that this will discourage the Soviet Union from making a return visit.

Ch19_13_ShanghaiInvasion.jpg

11 March: British soldiers fighting for Albania in China encounter Polish(!) defenders.

Ch19_14_PolishTroops.jpg

14 March: I have Shanghai, and there are two corps of volunteers here to push on the Chinese capital.

Ch19_15_ToNanjing.jpg

16 March: I’m starting to feel pinched on Convoys and feel I should focus more on building them. I’ve had losses, but not excessively so, however, I am now spread out to enough places on the globe where I need the extra support.

22 March: More Poles have popped up in China, so my hope of a quick rush at the Chinese capital is dashed.

Ch19_16_MorePoles.jpg

27 March: My Officer Ratio is back up to 140%, so I can shift back to doing tech research. This is a serious long-term problem, since my Leadership can’t expand as fast as my need for officers or continued research. This will force me to rely on units that require less officers, but those are typically more IC- and fuel-intensive, such as aircraft. I’ll let you ponder that while we wait for the next update. In the meantime Enver Hoxha is recalled to Tirane to explain the lack of major progress on the Chinese front.

Ch19_17_EnverHoxha.jpg

I've been reading this for awhile and just want to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. Good luck in China :)

Welcome, and thanks!

And in the year 1944, our glorious armies were stalled by the most confused enemy we have ever faced... the Polish Chinese.

:p

It's about one of the oddest things I've seen in this game. Presumably they ditched the UK when I invaded it, but it still surprises me they successfully made it all around Africa to get relocated in China.

[size=+1]1944, Spring – Moving Like Molasses[/size]

The coming of Spring brings peace to Europe, which hasn’t seen any real fighting since the 1930s. In Asia, however, the battlefields are a vast quagmire when men find that death comes quickly for them and victory is measured in yards gained, not provinces taken. Zog has reluctantly approved sending additional forces to make landings behind the lines near the Chinese capital. It is hoped this will take some of the pressure off our staunch Japanese allies and allow for a quicker end to this war. This operation is risky since the Albanian merchant fleets are somewhat reduced and overstretched. No new cargo ships have been produced in quite some time due to the emphasis on creating Albanian divisions. At this point, a lot of Albania’s excess (if you can really call it that) Manpower has been used up. It is an opportune time to shift the focus on shipbuilding again. Albanian leaders are desperate to ensure that if a split of China comes between Japan and Albania, that it does so in terms favorable to the Empire (the Albanian one, that is). Despite the promotion of the new universities in Tirane, the intellectual pool available to Zog is still inadequate for Albania’s expanding needs. It seems that Albanians are currently fighters, not thinkers.

Ch20_01_China.jpg

Despite the setbacks in China, the Albanian military has not been idle. An expedition was approved to hit South Africa and then Portugal. This ensures that the entire African continent except Liberia and the Spanish colonies in the northwest is either Albanian-controlled or under the sway of an Albanian puppet. There is much discussion on pulling Spain into the Empire. This will put all of Western Europe (minus Ireland) and Africa under the control of the Axis powers. Some might say under the control of Germany, but the world has long realized at this point that the German Chancellor is a mere stooge acting on behalf of orders from Tirane and nothing else.

Ch20_02_SouthAfrica.jpg

While Zog would love to finish off the rest of the European powers, such plans are vetoed until the morass in China is cleared away. This is now Albania’s top priority.

27 March: The presence of my French puppets in northwestern China has stretched my supply to the limit and I will now lose Golmud since I can’t take care of those troops any more. This undoes my only victory up here in the last year. Very annoying.

”Hey! Hey Pear! Hey Pear! Hey! Hey! Hey Pear! Hey! Hey Pear! Hey! Hey! Hey Pear! ” – The Annoying Orange

Ch20_03_GolmudAttacked.jpg

31 March: Attacks by the USA on my Convoys are picking up. I might soon be in a position where I can’t replace them fast enough.

5 April: Still pushing out from Shanghai. China finally can’t cover all the frontage between us, but then, neither can I really. Sharp-eyed readers will notice that Lithuania still wishes to discuss Transit Rights, as they have been for years.

Ch20_04_NearShanghai.jpg

7 April: Another corps arrives from Africa. Now I have three corps at my Shanghai area of operations.

13 April: Plenty of Americans still available in China.

Ch20_05_USinChina.jpg

18 April: The last batch of reinforcements I have available for China arrives. I send them to take Qingdao, which is China’s last port. This will cut off all further aid from the United States. I’ve also completed two licensed Panther tanks, which make up the nucleus of the third Albanian-produced Armor division.

Ch20_06_Qingdao.jpg

22 April: The AI loves letting men get cut off, but happily I have a fleet waiting offshore to save them. Japan still hasn’t advanced past former Shanxi territory.

Ch20_07_Trappedmen.jpg

27 April: Some good news from North America: in the early days of the war, the USA completely swept Britain out of the Caribbean. However, in the last month or so my puppet is staging a comeback and has taken Puerto Rico and also reclaimed Georgetown in British Guiana.

Ch20_08_Caribbean.jpg

5 May: Another Light Cruiser finished. Chinese resistance near their capital has stiffened considerably.

Ch20_09_Nanjing.jpg

13 May: Inexplicably, the Chinese have left their capital empty. I take personal control of an Infantry division to try and rush in and claim it, despite the risks run from the advancing Polish troops.

Ch20_10_RaceToNanjing.jpg

In the south, my general has been on “Defensive” stance to help me conserve Manpower and minimize the risks of forward forces being cut off and eliminated. I now bump up this setting to “Attacking” to get a more aggressive push in the south to get China finished off. I’m sad to see my Officer Ratio is back down to 129%.

15 May: China moves a unit in by rail to save Nanjing so my hopes of a quick capture are dashed.

21 May: I’m once again trying to get Nanjing by taking personal charge of the operation, but there is a reason the AI didn’t take it: most of my men here are out of supply or out of ORG. I still think I can do it, though, since the enemy AI looks like it is sending too many men to the north to deal with the Japanese advances there.

Ch20_11_NanjingEmpty.jpg

23 May: Japan makes Communist China a puppet for me.

24 May: I move into Nanjing. This only puts China at 31% surrender, but the loss of their stockpile must be meaningful to them. In the south, my two fronts are almost linked up, but aggressive Chinese action is blocking me. I have a fleet off station just in case anybody gets caught in a bad situation and needs to hit the beach. Note that despite all the time my fleets spend just sitting offshore, the USN never comes calling.

Ch20_12_CantonFront.jpg

3 June: I’ve retaken Guilin in the south. The Chinese capital has moved to Meishan in the west. This is a pretty big industrial center for them.

Ch20_13_China.jpg

6 June: The Chinese have increased the separation between my two fronts, and I can’t do much about it. In the north, they are making a very hard push to retake Qingdao. They are likely to succeed since I don’t have any men to spare to help them.

”One square? You can’t spare a square?” – Elaine Benes

Ch20_14_Qingdao.jpg

15 June: The Chinese are still working to push me out of Qingdao.

Ch20_15_BattleQingdao.jpg

16 June: I’ve lost Guilin again but am retaking it. This city is a good example of my slow progress in the south. However, if I beat Japan to China’s industrial heartland in the west, it will be worth it.

21 June: I’ve moved into Chongqing, which will be a major coup if I can hold it.

Ch20_16_China.jpg

29 June: As spring comes to an end, I’ve made a little bit of headway, but there is still a lot of work to be done. If I can get the Chinese to surrender, then there is a possibility of taking out Yunnan to link up all my holdings and then perhaps moving on Sinkiang as well.

Ch20_17_ChinaPolitical.jpg

But who knows what the future will bring…

Meanwhile, Zog wonders if the conquest of China was a task too important to be left to the Albanian men, perhaps it is time to give the Albanian women a try?

Ch20_18_Women.jpg

Astounding work in China! Two questions: Are these Indonesian soldiers i see in Danyan? Did I miss something, Why have USA wiped Britain out of the Caribbean, are they AXIS?

Thanks!

You've missed quite a bit, the UK is an Albanian puppet, so there has been a bit of fighting going on in the Atlantic and Caribbean that I've only checked up on occasionally. Those soldiers are Polish, not Indonesian. It is an easy mistake to make since their flags are basically identical, except for Indonesia the red goes on top.

So close, you can almost taste the victory.
It's about time that Japan is back on the offensive. I wonder how weakened the US will be without all those divisions.

Yes, it's long overdue. At this point I've spent over two years trying to take down China. With the US economy going full-blast we'll have to hope that the troops they committed here are significant for them.

Nice, very nice!

Thanks! Hopefully 1945 will be even more impressive if I get things wrapped up here. Oh, and watch out for the Black Beast!