• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Somebody here suggested that Hungary should be made as a puppet. Why Serbia cannot get the same status then ?

Serbia got autonomous status under Turks in 1830 with special Decree from Istanbul. Before this it was province of Otoman state.

Serbia got autonomous status under Turks in 1830 with special Decree from Istanbul. Before this it was province of Otoman state.

Although nations like Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria and Hungary did not exist as independent nations in 1550-1600 it should be possible to make them independent as a result of successfull rebellions. But i cannot create those nations out of thin air. For that I need a lot of stuff like rulers, ministers, research teams, military leaders and ship names. Even traditionally non-maritime nations such as Hungary and Serbia still need warships.

Last edited:
Anyway Terminator stated that the mod will have a liberatable Kingdom of Hungary at least ;)

Taking into account the specific nature of Hungary perhaps there will be special events for the country, something like "Hungarian nobles demand independence" or something like that, happening from time to time, especially if Austria at war with somebody. That would give a human-controlled Austria a chance to release Hungary as a puppet of Habsburgs. Also Austria AI could have something like 10 % chance to do that.

btw do you also split up venice into a rural and a urban part? since venice was on an island directly infront of italy , you could maybe make a rural part and than a river between the urban part so it reflects the water between both (when venice is represented as an island)

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to reshape the provinces. All I have time for is to rename some provinces that have to be renamed. There are some things more important than the map. Tech teams, ministers, etc.

But if there is somebody with map-making/editing skills who would like to join the project send me a PM.

Naval Bases

The smaller anchor is for coastal provinces with ports and the bigger one is for naval bases.

navalbases.jpg

Last edited:
will you be adding much stuff of crusader kings? ive played it a bit again and the sprites just look awesome especially the muslim ones and the ships

Unfortunately I've got a lot of work to do these days. Need to make some money before I can continue working on my project.

Looks like this XVIth century project is not getting enough positive feedback recently which means this theme is not very popular. But the graphics made by me is abstract enough to fit practically any era. So, I may switch to something related to the XXth century instead.

Here are some illustrations to my words

francek.jpg

france1s.jpg

france2p.jpg

france3f.jpg

france4g.jpg

One more

france5m.jpg

Well its not that the theme is not popular (else PDOX wouldn't have made the EU series and Victoria), but its just that people are flocking to big, bad mods with shinny graphics (not saying that these mods are bad), plus people also have a lust for "download and run".

Mod might look good but no download so no happy, basically...
You shouldn't give up!

You should definitely keep on working on this mod. The above poster is right though - people don't care about a mod that much until they can play it, unless they're beta testers or whatnot. It's taken a year to get this far, so people are concerned it might be another year yet.