Crusader Kings II - 1.05g PATCH RELEASED - Checksum GUHH - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If this is a Mac compatibility patch, why is it an .exe file?
Because "Mac compatibility patch" is not the same as "patch for the Mac version of the game". It's a patch to align the features and code in the PC version of the game to those in the Mac version as released.

Run into 2 problems today I've not seen (or noticed anyway) before. Not sure if they're new to g or if they were in f:

1. When attempting to call allies into war, the condition 'has not refused call to arms in last 5 years' seems to fail if they have been called at all, regardless of whether they accepted or refused. Also seems to be the case if I have been called by them.

2. As king of Italy (with medium CA) I plotted to lower CA in HRE (Absolute). When I sent the letter the Kaiser accepted my demands yet it was my CA that got reset to autonomous, while his remained absolute.

Now personally I'd consider these to be 2 hugely important mechanics, so having them broken is pretty much making the game unplayable IMO :(

I'd post this in the bug reports sub-forum.

FYI, none of the *.txt files in common, decisions, or events have changed between f and g. Are you sure you never saw this occur in f?

I'd post this in the bug reports sub-forum.

FYI, none of the *.txt files in common, decisions, or events have changed between f and g. Are you sure you never saw this occur in f?

In all fairness I didn't play much on f, but I certainly didn't get these problems on d or e, and those I did spend a lot of time with ;) I will post it in bug reports too though, as you've suggested.

Cannot select mods...

Hello, I have got a strange problem. After installing this patch (from version 1.00 actually) in the first loading screen selection window, there is not section for the mod selection anymore, so I can't activate any of the mods I have installed. Do you know why this occurrs ? The only selection available are register, update and play.

Cheers

six

People: do not post bug reports or tech support queries in this thread. They will not be dealt with here! Make sure your game is registered and post them in the appropriate forum, thank you.

Hello, I have got a strange problem. After installing this patch (from version 1.00 actually) in the first loading screen selection window, there is not section for the mod selection anymore, so I can't activate any of the mods I have installed. Do you know why this occurrs ? The only selection available are register, update and play.

Cheers

six
Please register your game here and post in Tech Support forum, thank you.

What did I just say? :)

The only possible reason I can see for wanting to keep the old lowest speed around is to provide an option for handicapped players. I can't imagine any able-bodied player not being able to react to anything with plenty of time to spare on the new lowest speed. But you know, it's nice to be able to give handicapped players options, you know? Maybe provide a .ini file so that players can go in and fiddle with the speeds themselves if they want?

I am indeed severely handicapped in my speed of play by wanting to enjoy the flow of game history by having the event reports ticker scrolling and the more important events popping-up at a manageable pace while also being able to interact with the game. I choose a lot of news to be reported. The ticker window is limited in size, and continually pausing and unpausing is annoying. I do understand why many players would not care to keep current on events in Norway, Armenia, and Morrocco, but for me the ambient history is a big part of the game.

It's like sex. Some people want to bang it out to a fast finish to get in as many games as possible, while while others enjoy immersing themselves in the details of each experience and stretching things out.

I am indeed severely handicapped in my speed of play by wanting to enjoy the flow of game history by having the event reports ticker scrolling and the more important events popping-up at a manageable pace while also being able to interact with the game. I choose a lot of news to be reported. The ticker window is limited in size, and continually pausing and unpausing is annoying. I do understand why many players would not care to keep current on events in Norway, Armenia, and Morrocco, but for me the ambient history is a big part of the game.

It's like sex. Some people want to bang it out to a fast finish to get in as many games as possible, while while others enjoy immersing themselves in the details of each experience and stretching things out.

Have you tried pausing every now and then? (Same thing works in sex)

Any chance of Paradox exporting the speed settings to an INI file? That way everybody can have whatever speed they want. Me personally, I always loved the (old) slowest setting for immersion. Really gave you a sense of the epic scope and I almost never had to hit Pause. That type of immersive RP is not for everybody though and with the INI everybody would be happy and get what they want.

The only possible reason I can see for wanting to keep the old lowest speed around is to provide an option for handicapped players. I can't imagine any able-bodied player not being able to react to anything with plenty of time to spare on the new lowest speed. But you know, it's nice to be able to give handicapped players options, you know? Maybe provide a .ini file so that players can go in and fiddle with the speeds themselves if they want?

Is that a ruse? I'm not taking sides BTW, but am speaking out for like-minded players.

I personally micromanage bishop replacments, which is time consuming. I also micromanage mayorial replacments, or at least plot against those replacements with "0" steward skills. Plots are rather time consuming when no one is willing to join immediately. I also micromanage matriarchical marriages of daughters and blood relatives from my dynasty, and that's truely time consuming. Also have to find replacment councilors when they die. Search for disenfrachised hiers (for DOW purposes). React to plots against my holdings (or crown laws). Choose a good wife'e for my ruler, etc.

I play (SP) speeds 2-3 most of the time and pause the game while searching through lists. I use speed 1 as a "get-started" gear (ie. restarting a saved game and going through the screens to get everything set-up the way I want and refamiliarize myself with the situation). The two highest speeds (4-5) are only used to complete building projects or to speed my ships (or land forces) to their destination.

I can appreciate higher speeds for MP where there is limited time to get things done. However, wouldn't a super-high top speed cause syncronization problems for people on lower-speed connections (or crappy laptops)? Well, I guess LAN games or Internet games where only the best survive the really fast speed is useful.

Have you tried pausing every now and then? (Same thing works in sex)

The message scroll box is quite small in size so messages rarely remain in view for more than seconds going slow, and flash by at high speeds. Pausing to shift attention, upscrolling, downscrolling, and then unpausing multiple times each minute is a pain.

Is there a way to export the messages to history log as Paradox games often had in the past?

I personally micromanage bishop replacments, which is time consuming. I also micromanage mayorial replacments, or at least plot against those replacements with "0" steward skills.
Do you know, I've never done either of these things. How do you manually appoint/replace mayors? I know you can nominate bishops if you have free investiture but it's just something I've never remembered to do. Is there a real benefit to doing so?

Do you know, I've never done either of these things. How do you manually appoint/replace mayors? I know you can nominate bishops if you have free investiture but it's just something I've never remembered to do. Is there a real benefit to doing so?
Church taxes. As long as a priest likes you more than the pope, you'll get their church tax.

Can this patch be installed on its own or should previous ones be installed first?
Note that the downloadable patch is ONLY for the GamersGate version. All other versions get patched automatically from Steam.

just wanted to say that I am really enjoying the latest patch and the difference in polish and playability between this and the first release candidate I bought is palpable.

its really shaping up to be a fantastic game, and I have had some awesome campaigns with this patch! good work!