• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heres a question about limited wars.

Since you did a limited war against Yugo what would happen if one of there "friends" declared war on you for it. Would they
(1 be up against just you since it was a limited war,
(2 be up against your whole alliance,
(3 or would your allies have a choice whether to join or not?
I would guess that in the case of a limited war where allies of the attackee intervened, then they could choose limited war, or not. Thus, you can still have a limited war quickly furball into a general one (think WW I). Thus limited war doesn't give the player a blank check to attack individual nations on a one on one basis.

Heres a question about limited wars.

Since you did a limited war against Yugo what would happen if one of there "friends" declared war on you for it. Would they
(1 be up against just you since it was a limited war,
(2 be up against your whole alliance,
(3 or would your allies have a choice whether to join or not?

2, AFAIK, as only Axis have possiblity of declaring limited war.

No you set a objectives and a stance. On blitzing it is more likely to ignore it's own flanks in pursute of an encirclement.
I'm a bit late to this thread but I have to ask - is a theatre command's actions/capabilities (such as defending from or conducting encirclements) influenced by its commander or various techs/doctrines? So would a Wehrmacht theatre command with Rommel in charge act differently from a French one commanded by Gamelin?

And excellent DD. I take the AI with a pinch of salt but still very impressive. This is the first time I'm seriously considering buying this game

I'm a bit late to this thread but I have to ask - is a theatre command's actions/capabilities (such as defending from or conducting encirclements) influenced by its commander or various techs/doctrines? So would a Wehrmacht theatre command with Rommel in charge act differently from a French one commanded by Gamelin?

AFAIK, no.

Ai

I have a question concerning the possibilities of AI. Can you give it non-province related objective such " Destroy Army Group ***" as it was done to army group center during Opertation Bagration in 44? And also, can you give 2 different theaters the same objective so that that the may support each other? That way it appears that the Ai may act in a more strategic rather than tactical way.

I have a question concerning the possibilities of AI. (1) Can you give it non-province related objective such " Destroy Army Group ***" as it was done to army group center during Opertation Bagration in 44? (2) And also, can you give 2 different theaters the same objective so that that the may support each other? That way it appears that the Ai may act in a more strategic rather than tactical way.

(1): No, AFAIK.
(2): I don't see why you couldn't.

AI Missions/Objectives

Maybe they should implement that...it would be fun to watch the AI trying to destroy whole armies and having encirclements. It cannot be done unless you could issue such orders. And also... it isnt exaclty historical to not have that since every history buff knows that Stalin said early on in the war that the Zhukov´s most important mission was the destruction of army group center... Or the Ardennes offensive where Hitler forgoed (at least for a bit) the conquest of France to have the encirclement that ended in dunkirk....
What are you thoughts?