• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: We're far more civilized than you. All you seem to care about is boiling people alive in pots of imported tea, whereas we Boers are just simple farmers that mind our own business. :p

OOC: Does it really matter anyway? Aside from the British Empire (Excluding Ireland and South Afrika), Germany, the US, Russia, France, Italy and Austria, the rest are all savages of some sort. No offence meant to the Ottomans, but you aren't Gentlemen yet, but you're well on your way.

Belgium was the second nation to industrialize they are definately western as well. And we're gentlemen

OOC: Does it really matter anyway? Aside from the British Empire (Excluding Ireland and South Afrika), Germany, the US, Russia, France, Italy and Austria, the rest are all savages of some sort. No offence meant to the Ottomans, but you aren't Gentlemen yet, but you're well on your way.

OOC: Hey, the Dutch aren't savages

So China. What did you choose. I didn't see anything on your choice of currency.

OOC : Really, Korea managing to get communists to it and not suffering a (reactionary) coup is strange, as the government and people should be quite reactionary...or at least conservative...

You forgot Brazil!

And we will probably continue to use the british pound, do i need to say that IC?
(The other option would be the German currency, hmmm, in the distant future i might try to use the Real)

ooc: heh, I am the only one without a civil war. My currency rocks!

To respond to earlier: Ireland is using the German Mark. Their money is on par with the Mark, and in turn, a Gold Unit.

For now. If they start printing like mad, their currency will plummet.

OOC: would my pops be pissed if I used the franc?

The Kingdom of Belgium will use the German Mark as the base for its currency at the moment.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

OOC: I don't think so Morrell it's the Irish currency not yours there just using the Mark as a base.

640px-Swedish_norwegian_union_flag.svg.png

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will move to the Mark, given the strong cultural ties and economic prosperity in the German Empire.

OOC:

Hey, what about us Swedes and Norwegians, to a lesser extent the Danes too?

In regards to currency, the pound is tempting but the Mark makes more sense, though a future Krone/Krona would be an aim.

OOC: Cant Germany just ban them from using their currency?

Qing_Flag.png

A meeting of Economists and bankers working for the National Bank of China have finally come to a decision on which currency to be base the New Chinese Currency the Yuan on. The British pound was rejected due to the recent war creating some dislike towards the British in China. The American Currencies are both very weak and are consider dangerous to base a currency on them (Also I dislike America) and the Franc was rejected because it is French. The Currency will be initially based on the German mark clearly the Rising currency of Europe. Although the Demands of war may force additional printing of money forcing the New Chinese Yuan value down but it is currently based on the Strong German Mark.

Bavaria - Use the franc and wave bye to any chance of survival.

Germany - You will not be effected by the Irish mucking up their currency.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I have been informed that, after a vote, the Volksraad has passed new legislation in order to peg the Rand to the German Mark.

OOC: What is the Cape Republic using, Fry?

OOC: I still don't get what are the effective differences of choosing between dollars, marks, pounds or francs. Are we bound to be affected by that currency owner monetary policy?
Else it only shows a rough political alignment, doesn't it?

Bavaria - Use the franc and wave bye to any chance of survival.

OOC: But them I'm basically stuck with the crappy unstable dollar.... :(