• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Steam Version of Cities in Motion was just updated as of the 4 / 3 / 2011 at 8:54am AEST very quick update downloaded in a matter of minutes

Yay, finally! I've stopped playing after completing the scenarios, since I wanted to play sandbox with the new patch.

Too bad I really need to sleep now :p

Yay, really! It's finally on Steam! ;)

Hooray!

EDIT: Did a quick fast-forward test on normal difficulty on the Helsinki map and even after a year the main traffic stayed on the main road through town, only occasionally spreading out to the smaller streets. If nothing unusual's going on on the other maps i think the traffic is fine for me now!

Good job, devs! Of course it'd be better if those kind of problems wouldn't be present at release, but fixing the main issues within less than 2 weeks is a great job. Keep up the good work! :D

Last edited:
@Roger01: It would be great if that problem is going to be solved in the next patch. It's not the best situation to upgrade a line, but ok.
It's not like the game is crashing because of this, so it would be great if it's going to be solved...

@RogierZ: patch is also downloadable on a few other sites like gamershell etc.

Last edited:
LOOOL!!!

"- Traffic jams
This has been the most addressed issue in Cities in Motion. In the new patch the amount of private cars depends on the difficulty, making the easy level less likely to have so many traffic jams. The jammed cars also disappear more quickly. And in the sandbox you can even customize the amount of the private cars to your liking.
"

They dont know how input traffic lights LOOOL!, the game is a shit, they only can change the amount of cars. omg...

LOOOL!!!

"- Traffic jams
This has been the most addressed issue in Cities in Motion. In the new patch the amount of private cars depends on the difficulty, making the easy level less likely to have so many traffic jams. The jammed cars also disappear more quickly. And in the sandbox you can even customize the amount of the private cars to your liking.
"

They dont know how input traffic lights LOOOL!, the game is a shit, they only can change the amount of cars. omg...

I'm sorry the game didn't meet your expectations, but let's try to keep it polite still.

I'm sorry the game didn't meet your expectations, but let's try to keep it polite still.

I really like you development guys. You are always nice and try to answer a lot of questions of the community. I've extra registered for saying that and I have never seen such good relationship between community and develpers so far. I really hope you keep up that good work! :)

Now to my question: Will there be any new features coming in the future for CiM (Addon)? I really love the game but I would like to have more different option how to design my public transport system and more settings for my lines.

Thanks!

Question in stardock the dlc and the game shows seperate with different versions do i just ignore that and do i need to load the dlc to play it or will it run dlc from the normal CIM app thanks.

Am I the only person without the new patch on STEAM....? :(

Mine did an automatic update this morning, I assume it was .12 being sent out, since I already have .11 (You may want to check the credits section inside the game main menu)

This would demand a massive amount of perspective to balance the process over 100 years.

Traffic is one of the few challenges to overcome. Now if you remove it, you have to shift the challenge elsewhere.

Running public transportation used to be profitable when there weren't so many cars. At the start of the 20th century the challenge is not supposed to be fighting traffic jams, but getting acceptance (= maintaining monopoly in the city). Challenge could be balanced by making people even more demanding. Since they can only choose between public transportation and walking, it would make sense they would get angry even easier if the quality of public transportation is too low.

As it seems that my views are not very popular among other players, I guess I'll just accept that CiM is just not meant for me. But it still makes me sad - with just a tiny bit of realism added, it could've been one of my all time favourites.

I just downloaded the update on Steam but where can I find the patch notes?

On the first topic of this threat!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we have been working hard on a new patch for Cities in Motion. The dev team wants to thank you again for the feedback and the support that you have given us!

So more about things we have been working on:

- Traffic jams

- Economy
We realized that the fluctuating economy is a bit too sudden, so we slowed the fluctuation down a bit.

- Press "U"
We added a shortcut to get to the underground view (nobody admits forgetting it in the first place..)

In addition to these we worked on the bugs we had left. I hope this resolves the issues you have been having with Cities in Motion. Please let us know if you agree!

The patch 1.0.12 is available soon :)