• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

My first character will be called Johan and i will add him the Genius trait. ;)

Although to be frank, i wish he was Charitable too. I am afraid i will have to add the Greedy trait as well. :p

Sounds like this will cost more than it should. Specially for something people can do by modifying a few txt files on notepad...

I'm a bit on the fence for this one... I like the idea of modding tools! If I were to do modding for this game I would buy it for sure, the amount of time it would save makes it easily worth the 5$. Even if I don't do modding I might buy it anyway to sort of 'vote with my dollar' that Paradox should keep making modding tools.

It's not really made as a modding tool, although if it is useful to modders too that is great. The base idea is just that players like to customise their character.

Sounds like this will cost more than it should. Specially for something people can do by modifying a few txt files on notepad...

So if you prefer that, keep doing it and don't spend anything? What's your point? Every time DLC is mentioned there's a line of complaint with the bizarre subtext that players are somehow forced to buy it. If you are happy without the DLC and/or feel it is not worth the cost: Do not buy it!

Also, I think you are rather over-simplifing the process. While it's pretty easy to change a characters traits by editing their file it's a lot more complicated to customise their appearance/COA to the degree possible in the editor. If you have memorised how all possible DNA combinations affect facial features, good for you, that is pretty amazing! But I doubt many have.

Also, even for people who know how to do this, I think a lot of them will feel happier to have it as an official part of the game with a age/stat tradeoff and a GUI to make their changes in.

Still, again, if it offers you no benefit: Don't get it, no one is forcing you to.

Does 4.99 Dollars mean 2.99 Euros? If so, I think thats a really fair price for this. Thankfully I am no smoker, and this DLC is even cheaper than one cigarette packet which is over 4 Euros here. Beside that it also gives me more enjoyment over a longer time than cigarettes, so it's worth the money!

Looking forward to this.

While I personally am not particularly interested in making my own dynasty (though I'll probably do it once or twice, perhaps more if it is enjoyable), I'm definitely buying the DLC in support of PI and the continued support PI is providing to CKII.

Good work guys. Hope there are many more DLC to come.

$4.99 sounds reasonable, and I'm willing to pay that much to keep CK2 going strong.

Yeah, I edit the text files and I'm starting to mod, but this just sounds like a cool little addition to me.

how will this feature be handled in MP games, will everybody be able to create OP-characters?

how will this feature be handled in MP games, will everybody be able to create OP-characters?

Have you read the thread?
The better the stats you give the character the older your character becomes and there are limited stats to spread arund.... etc

My own feeling is that gameplay-affecting material should be released in full expansion packs or in free patches, while DLCs should be basically cosmetic. Otherwise, Paradox will have to deal with (and support) up to a dozen "versions" of the same game, depending on exactly which combination of DLCs the individual players have (or have not) purchased.

Yes, that´s a problem with DLCs for games that have MP. And the changes to crusades seem like they will require same version to play.

I think it is a wonderful idea to offer the tool as DLC. For a few euro's we now can create our very own characters. I know I am going to love playing with it.

Not a huge fan of DLC in general but this seems pretty decent.

Also, I don't mind giving PI my money to ensure I keep getting games.

The fun I've had with CKII is the most that I've had in quite a while. Thank you, Paradox, for showing that you care about supporting your work. Not every company cares to patch its games as frequently. As for the upcoming update, I'm glad to see that the content is reserved for the patch, and that DLC will be cosmetic.

Last edited:
Well, this is a bit too expensive for me, just for something i will probably use only once or twice :)

But that's the point of the DLC policy, being able to ignore what you don't like. Makes me feel cheap to refuse buying something priced 3 euros, but you know,0 useless DLC ( again useless to my taste, no offense) are a full price game never bought :p

My wish for next DLC would be more " ingame content", like new mechanics or new traits or new events.

( Damn this DLC policy, it's really tempting lol )

Meh. Feels like editing the history files or savegame files into a simplified form.

Have you tried doing all the history files, not to mention trying to do portraits, takes forever. It is a very simplified version of something that is quite difficult and time consuming to do right now.

Meh. Feels like editing the history files or savegame files into a simplified form.

Which is why its awesome.

PS, would love to see some DLC with more portrait options!