• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Falconius

First Lieutenant
62 Badges
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
Playing Germany 1933 start, v 1.02

Got the Green light for the Anschluss, and when I select it, I get the messages for all the new leaders I get, but Austria remains independent.

Frustrating. What can I do to fix this?

That worked. Thanks!

Seems odd though that I had to build relations to 200 and ally with them, then turn around and demand territory. But whatever works.

You don't have to, you can just demand territory from them right after the coup and it's usually a 65% chance of success.

Indeed, I like to go to limited mobilization after demanding territory but BEFORE taking the Anschluss decision.. you get a net +2.0 Dissent hit for the mobilization, and you get to take advantage of all those new provinces' manpower too. Win-win. If you demand territory the day of the coup, and you have good relations with Austria (I always do due to trade), you should see a 100% demand territory chance.

How do you get Austria to ally with Germany? I can get the 200 relationships easily but then there is a 0% chance for an allegiance. Why put the option in is you are not allowed to use it?

Ok, I went back and started a new game. I occured to me that the requirements are messed up. You have three options.

1) War

2) Wait for the coup

3) Get the pack of Steel, Ally with Austria and Wait for the Coup.

Why even have the third option?

Ok, I went back and started a new game. I occured to me that the requirements are messed up. You have three options.

1) War

2) Wait for the coup

3) Get the pack of Steel, Ally with Austria and Wait for the Coup.

Why even have the third option?
You missed one of the requirements. The coup has to happen first, no matter what, for any option, it's a universal requirement. It's a bit redundant, and I do agree with you that it takes too long, it usually fires past june, which is way past historical date and you lose lots of nice IC time.

You missed one of the requirements. The coup has to happen first, no matter what, for any option, it's a universal requirement. It's a bit redundant, and I do agree with you that it takes too long, it usually fires past june, which is way past historical date and you lose lots of nice IC time.

Well my problem is more that it seems to give you 3 options when there really is just two. The way it is worded now seems to be very miss leading. I was more or less making sure that I had it figured out right.

Code:
	decision_trigger = {
		event = 2003009
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 195 data = GER } 	
			AND = {
				control = { province = 195 data = GER } 
				war = { country = GER country = AUS }
			}
			AND = {
				OR = {
					alliance = { country = GER country = AUS }
					relation = { which = AUS value = 200 }
				}
				event = 2003008 
			}
		}
	}

This is the event. This boils down to:

Austria MUST be couped (via event; 2003009 is informing GER of 2003008, the coup in Austria).

And then either:

1. Germany owns Vienna (i.e. Austria has already been annexed)

2. Germany controls Vienna and is at war with Austria (i.e. Germany went to war to annex Austria)

3. Germany is allied with Vienna or has 200 relations (i.e. Germany allied Austria for annexation ...the sort of 'historical' option)
(...and the coup event fired (2003008) ...which is redundant, since it triggers the event (2003009), which all three of these require anyway. The only purpose 2003009 serves is switching the Germany AI for the Anschluss)

The most difficult part is getting the coup event to go off in the first place. And for that you need the Pact of Steel with Italy, which causes them to end their guarantee of Austria. Italy has a chance of signing the pact early, but after the historical date they have a 90% chance. This means if they do sign it on the historical date you may still need to wait up to 30 days for Austria to be couped (and it only has a 55% chance of occuring each time until 1939, so you may be waiting longer).

[edit]Maybe the confusion is why you would bother using the decision if you've already annexed Austria? Because that is easy to answer: you get bonus manpower, -10% dissent and all sorts of other fancy bonuses aside from just the IC and latent manpower of the provinces.

Last edited:
No, the question is why do we have 2 choices that both require the coup that both get you the same effect with one having more requirements.

...Because there's not?

If you're looking at it that way there's only one option, because there's no Anschluss event/decision if you kill off Austria before it get's couped. Then it's a matter of annexing Austria for the cores' resources/ic/latent manpower alone or annexing Austria via the Anschluss for the bonus manpower/teams/leaders and the natural bonuses from the cores.

...Because there's not?

If you're looking at it that way there's only one option, because there's no Anschluss event/decision if you kill off Austria before it get's couped. Then it's a matter of annexing Austria for the cores' resources/ic/latent manpower alone or annexing Austria via the Anschluss for the bonus manpower/teams/leaders and the natural bonuses from the cores.

Now that explains things better. The tool tips and other information I found did not indicate the difference. Thanks