• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great update! You're doing well.

Pretty good to get so much cash from events and that peace deal, should really make a difference for a nation with an economy like Tripoli's.

Also, Running Wild? Nice one, Alestorm next? :D

your call!

on the other hand, you are right, though I am not entirely sure that one could name this kind of thing an 'economy' - at +3 stab and 0% maintenance, I have a yearly profit of around 7 :)

Tripoli is a hard one. Good luck :)

Great update! You're doing well.

thanks very much, update on its way.

Part 03 - Learn From Your Enemy - Especially in the Financial Ways... (1418-1429)

Well, Ahmad have had his time for rest (as well as the writer of his tales...) - for at least two years nothing exceptional had happened in the cities of the corsairs, except that the shipbuilders in Tripoli were finally able to copy one of the vessels of the crusaders and put it onto water successfully - and they worked way better under pressure that is for sure... This should greatly effect our ability to fight against the galley fleets of the Mediterranean infidels!

misc401.jpg

However, the resistance against the newly introduced reforms hasn't died out yet. There were protesters, mainly in the bigger cities, who said that Ahmad gained too much power. And there were even more radical people with even bolder opinions: they concluded that nobody should have this much of power, neither Ahmad nor the Council, and instead the corsairs should govern themselves like they did in the old days. However these radicals have forgotten the fact that these are definitely not the old times. Not anymore. And Ahmad and the Council were quick to explain that very efficiently...

misc402.jpg

To get rid of the troublemakers once and for all the ruling tandem organised a raid on the self-proclaimed Sultanate of Fez which was already at war with the Sultan of Algiers (and thus with our Turkish allies in Candar), who claimed to be the only Sultan south of Edirne and west of the Arabian Peninsula (and has already proven this to the sultan of Morocco). Ships were assembled and orders were given... and yes, the answer is always 'raid' - not even a question.

misc403.jpg

In the meantime it appeared that in the eyes of the foreigners, Ahmad was still more an ill-tempered pirate than a true ruler of a country. At least he proved this when the emissary from Fez asking for a ceasefire was mercilessly executed as per orders from him. He was an old captain, sometimes he just wasn't in a good mood - and he got used to martial law rather than diplomacy...

misc404.jpg

Eventually the raid on the rebels of Fez was not very successful - our ships arrived to the Moroccan shores too late and despite the help they provided to the Sultan of Algiers in taking the rebellious cities, Ahmad and the High Council gained nothing from the movement. This ungenerousness of the Sultan of Algiers shall not be forgotten!

But well, at least the ringleaders of those rebellious protesters had disappeared from the army in the chaos at the walls of Ceuta...

misc405.jpg

But - there were good news as well. After years of secret apprenticeship the firsts of several Venetian-trained merchants had passed their exams and they were able to secure a notable presence in the markets of Alexandria. They showed exceptional affinity in exotic goods like black slaves and ivory. Now those much anticipated reforms of the Council are starting to bear fruits!

misc406.jpg

As the riches of the east began to flow in on merchant ships rather than on war galleys the unity of the High Council became fragile. Some of the older captains claimed that the new leaders of the corsairs are no longer paying any attention towards the fleet and the crew. To avoid this dangerous situation the council members asked Ahmad for a solution. And Ahmad asked them too... but only for a day to think on the matter. And after some consultation with his best newsbringers, he quickly came up with a plan:

As the kings of England and France were being busy in cutting each others throat at the moment, there came the opportunity of seizing the minor remnant crusader 'kingdom' of Cyprus from the informal protectorate of the latter without being endangered by the former, the now self-proclaimed leader of the Crusaders. Time has come to put one of the last bastions of the Crusaders under the influence of a more protective and capable ruler - I mean Ahmad of course!

misc407.jpg

The raid on the island of Cyprus started well as their capital was already under siege by a pretender who wanted to become king over the Greeks... finally, after a battle with the crew of the incoming corsair fleet the only thing he became was a corpse...
After some days, as the siege went on, the situation got even better as nobody came to the aid of the wretched French crusaders. It was no surprise after all - there is no honor amongst thiefs. Especially amongst those who came to steal the sacred lands of Jerusalem from our ancestors...

misc408.jpg

The siege of Nicosia was quick and effective. The corsairs managed to take the well-fortified city in less than a year. The French duke surrendered personally, bowed before Ahmad's will and offered his service to the High Council. However, due to the decade of siege he had endured against the rebels of his own people, the treasury of his country was empty...

peace04s.jpg

Upon returning home, Ahmad arrived at a quite heated seance of the Council: the newly enriched merchants from Tripoli required more saying in the Council - especially (as the pointed out) in the light of the fact that in the last years they provided more gold into the Council's treasury than the combined amount of the raiding ships' "profits" and the yearly "gifts" coming from the vassals.
There were complaints about this, but both Ahmad and the majority of the Council knew that the merchants spoke the truth. To reach a peaceful agreement, a pact was signed that the next empty place in the Council will be filled with a delegate of the merchants who can also elect that delegate among themselves.

misc409.jpg

After the agreement was signed, Ahmad were getting ready to seat back for a while but sudden changes in the Mediterranean status quo did not let him doing that.

It looked like that the treacherousness of the Mamluks truly had no boundries - they declared war on the tiny sheikdom of Haasa on the far side of the Arabian Peninsula and atop of that they did not have any proper justification for doing that. And as we observe the relation between Ahmad and his distant relatives in Cairo as well as the fact that the Egyptian branch of the Burjis are currently in a war with all of the Muslim world except the Ottomans and us, it leads to interesting conclusions...

misc410.jpg

Ahmad spoke to the Council and sent words to the fleet to prepare...

But the just beginning preparations of war have come to a sudden halt as one of the fleet's reconnaissance ships was caught in a storm not far from the Egyptian coast and sunk, claiming the life of all her crew including Ahmad the Younger, grandson of the chief, who were second in command on that very ship.

heir02.jpg

The sudden sorrow overtook Ahmad and even the Council too, however the latter quickly raised one of Ahmad's other (though sightly less capable) grandson as the heir to his grandfather's rule to prevent possible disorder. But the war preparations against Egypt were ordered to be (at least temporarily) stopped as Ahmad himself was in no condition for a full scale war. The dealing with the Mamluks can wait. Now is the time for grief.

Last edited:
Great update!

That heir isn't brilliant so maybe he'll be good general fodder in the front line.

Nice update, a brave and successful move to go for Cyprus.

Great story you have going here so far. Sounds like a very interesting spot to be in. A well-taken opportunity against Cyprus too.

Nice job so far. I never seem to manage Tripoli for a long time (not a fan) but you're doing a very nice job! Pirate away! o/

Knights of St. John next on your 'Islamic Reconquista'? :D

Part 04 - Riding the Storm (1429-1444)

[video=youtube;WTlhUfBLKlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTlhUfBLKlM[/video]

So... Ahmad the Younger is dead and Mansur is the new candidate for the title of Malik. Trying to improve the sad situation, the High Council decided to use a little... propaganda among the shipmates to make Mansur's claim more acceptable. They (at least in public) always fully backed Ahmad I's all decisions regardless the internal struggles and debates they had among themselves and ensuring the success of Ahmad's line became they top priority in the last decade.

dec03o.jpg

Ahmad was very old now and the loss of his beloved grandson made his behavior totally apathic. Well, he wasn't even too young when he was raised to lead the corsairs some 25 years ago and now, well above 60, every single person who knew him personally could see that he won't live for long with his grief. But the Council had more important matters to tend at that time - they simply could not let the hardly forged and yet still fragile alliance of the corsair tribes to shatter because of interregnum or worse.

The war preparations against the Mamluks were abandoned for good. Their armies advanced deep into Mongol and Hedjazi territory and a bold attack would simply not have enough time to gain significant advantage over their holdings in the Nile Valley before those armies could march back and crush the corsairs with their vastly superior numbers.

But this was the right decision, because on the 13th day of March in the year 1430, a little more than one year after his grandson's death, Ahmad the Old, first Chief and Leader of the Corsairs of Tripoli was found dead in his bedroom.

leader02heir03.jpg

There were no sings what could actually cause his death yet it was fairly clear. At least it seemed that he found his peace after raiding the high seas for nearly a half decade and guiding the corsairs for a generation. His funeral was like those for seamen.

The new Chief, Mansur was raised to be leader of the Council on the same day. It was well known that he doesn't care much about the managing of the "shore business" or the advantages of diplomacy, but at least he was a capable seaman just like his brother and grandfather. And now he has the legacy of vengeance too against his far relatives in Egypt.

Although merely thinking about the possibility sent shivers down each council members spine, for the corsairs (and their own) safety they proclaimed one of Mansur's cousins by the name of Ali as his potential successor - just in case. Decades ago they made the choice of bringing a somewhat foreigner's line into the position of the top representative of the corsairs will and they could not let their reputation fall with that line...

However there were more bad news as the Mamlukes were able to destroy the combined forces of the Mongols of Iraq and the Hedjazi and gained significant territories from them. And the Council was well aware of other dangers too becase it didn't take much time for some troublemakers to start their machinations against the young Mansur.

misc501.jpg

After some months these murmurs became louder and louder but Mansur was young and thus bold too. Against the advice of the Council he ignored those who tried to bear malice to him and ensured the council members "that his actions will shut these men up once and for all".

...and after then not much happened for years - aside from Mansur growing up and realizing the true highs and lows of leading a country. Now those big words were behind him - he even started to listen to some advices. Mostly about governing his shipmates as he had clearly not much natural ability in it at all...

misc502.jpg

Regardless, his ambitions were the same. Mansur spent the first years of his reign living in the shadow of his dead grandfather, who was already a legend among his people. And Mansur wanted to become even more - so he looked around a bit and found the perfect first step for earning trust in the eyes of his people...

misc503.jpg

This wasn't a very hard quest - Constantinople has been sacked two times by Ahmad. But Mansur considered it as some kind of test for himself... like a rite of passage into adulthood. Now he was 20 years old and he felt himself ready for doing something that would be a good fundation for his later plans.

Initially the siege went well, Byzantine resistance was light. Even the "Emperor" (of one city...) was rumored to be dead because of the outbrake of plague in the besieged city. This rumor never have been confirmed though. Due to the sudden change in Mansur's foreign policies the Council was in a bit of a panic at first as they saw Ahmad's defiance in the young Malik's not too well prepared attack. But after some debate they agreed on the fact that this defiance was the plus that helped his grandfather bring enemies onto their knees that fast. So they decided to aid Mansur in his quest to strenghten his power as the leader of his people.

misc504.jpg

However, contrary to the initial success, the siege of the well fortified city took almost 2 years. Many of the Greek defenders died because of fires or diseases or simply starved to death. It was not a big surprise that after the third fall of Constantinople the coffers of the Greek peace delegates were empty. But Mansur were generous and he agreed with the Greeks on terms that recognized him as superior power to the Emperor. Well, you know, that is not a common thing to achive for a young pirate...

peace05.jpg

But Mansur wasn't fully satisfied with the outcome. And upon returning home, there came the same old boring news that stick to governing a country. Like the poor harvest on his Greek subject's vineyards...

misc505.jpg

It is a luck that he'd been forbidden to drink that kind of spirit... At least it seemed that the backing of the Council in his quest eased Mansur a bit as he became more and more trusting with the guidance the Council provided for him.

misc506.jpg

But there came more annoying news: one of the richest merchant of Tripoli was on its way home but was caught in a storm near the Egyptian coast and the sea claimed his body - along with his ship and his goods. It would seem that the Mamluks enchanted those coasts to sink Tripolitanean ships on their own will... you know: the treacherousness of the Burji's of Egypt truly has no boundries.

misc507.jpg

And if this was not enough, in the 7th month of the year 1440 a mysterious sickness took over Mansur temporarily removing him from the position of Leader of the High Council. Some said it was poison, some more cynic said it was only weakness... either way, once again the Council had to take the responsibility of managing the state for a short amount of time though they were not happy about it - nor some of the supporters of the late Ahmad and his dinasty...

misc508.jpg

The side suspecting poison and the hands of the Egyptian Burjis in its delivery grew stronger when Mansur's cusin and his potential successor was diagnostised with the same sickness - however, after some days of treatment they both were able to fight back the disease - only to feel more and more hatred against the treacherous Mamluks just on our eastern borders...

An then, suddenly, came the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Mansur:

misc509.jpg

The king of France, protector of the wretched infidels, was at war with the Norman crusaders of Naples and this meant that he and his coward minions won't protect them in an open war of subjugation. These Normans were true crusaders - they had few and coward allies, defeating them should not be a problem for as brave seamen as the corsairs.

But Allah wasn't with the people of Tripoli on the seas that time - the fleet of the infidels was greater than expected thus the ships of the corsairs had to withdraw from the battle at the Gulf of Taranto to prevent an even bitter defeat. This caused the destruction of the entire Candari fleet but at least the raiding units were dispatched through the Norman kingdom of Naples...

misc510.jpg

As the Italians had the naval superiority at the moment, the archbishop of Udine, sworn enemy of the faithful muslims, was able to land some troops in Tripoli, while Mansur and his crew were still at the walls of Napoli - thus a call to arms was sent to the Hafsids, now coward servants of the corsairs for decades that this is the time for reclaiming their reputation as trutworthy allies!

misc511.jpg

In the meantime some corsairs pillaged the long uncontested fortress of the Crusaders on the Island of Rhodos. Sadly they were in quite a hurry to aid the defenses at home so they only managed to bring some of the most valuable treasures...

misc512.jpg

Finally with the help of the Hafsids and the returning corsairs from the now occupied Naples and the looted Rhodes and after the passive help of the French fleet, which decimated the Normans' ships we were able to defeat the archbishop's expeditionary force.

misc513.jpg

But the price was already high - the crusaders brought havoc upon the prospering lands of Tripoli, sacking towns and villages, conquering cities, raping girls and women and bringing every curse one can imagine upon the people. It was this time, when Mansur decided to go to the city of Naples and end this war personally...

misc514.jpg

He had good starting position for it - his crew had full control over the Kingdom of Naples, which already lost its territories around the Greek city of Janina as per request of the French king. The negotiations were short indeed - Giovani de Valois, leader of the Normans had to abandon his crown and swear full loyalty to the Council and Mansur. He also had to severe all ties to other crusaders and place himself and all his subject under the protectorate of Tripoli as a vassal.

peace06.jpg

And thus Mansur, still under the age of 30, achieved more than his grandfather ever dreamed of... defeating one significant crusader kingdom and bringing it under the influence of the corsairs was truly an achievement that is to be remembered for decades, if not for centuries...

Last edited:
Nice job so far. I never seem to manage Tripoli for a long time (not a fan) but you're doing a very nice job! Pirate away! o/

Knights of St. John next on your 'Islamic Reconquista'? :D

Sir, you're reading my thoughts :) on the other hand I try not to conquer European provinces as nearly all of them counts as overseas for me, and thus they are fairly useless (for now) - instead I try to vassalise them. but the Knights are a special case, as they have a land connection to the Ottomans and I don't really want the Turks declaring Holy War upon one of my vassals you know... that's why I never vassalised the Byzantines though I conquered them three times already.

EDIT: I conquered (and converted - that is another thing I will not do many more times) Morea to gain an "emergency exit" when dealing with land offensives against me, possibly by the Mamluks or Algiers, though I try to keep up as good relations with them as I can. still that could be a slim chance against Algiers as they already have half of Morocco and they're bordering my vassal Tunisia, not me...

Last edited:
I have yet to comment, but I love this AAR, maybe I should play a Pirate Tripoli game when I actually start finishing all the ones I've already started...

Excellent work! :)

You write really well as well, and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading so far :)

Excellent result in the war - well done for Mansur - even though he was a wee bit of a naughty boy when it came to wine :D

Wow didn't expect that one. You are doing really well with such a bad starting country
Great job! A very good outcome to a potentially disasterous war. :)

Keep fighting the good fight!

well I've had some experience with Tripoli before this AAR (that is why I chose normal diff. for it, while I usually play on very hard). the main antagonist for a nation roleplayed like this is the DotF-system - the title usually revolves among the Three Prime Evils: England, France and Castille (with some Lesser Evils like Burgundy or Portugal claiming it once or twice). opportunities rise when 1, they are busy cutting each other's throat as then they are less likely to aid seemingly unimportant minors or 2, when they are at war with some minors themselves.

btw attacking countries like Naples is gambling after all - like this, when I had absolutely no idea about the combined naval power of their alliance and thus I paid the price for it: the Aquileian army succeeded in raising my WE to the top.

but I had also luck with the sieges in Naples and the unusually strong French navy which destroyed the naval force of Naples for me :)

I have yet to comment, but I love this AAR, maybe I should play a Pirate Tripoli game when I actually start finishing all the ones I've already started...

thank you! I also like your Genoa AAR - used to play them frequently but always committed some ridiculous mistake that ruined the entire country :)

Excellent work! :)

You write really well as well, and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading so far :)

as a non-native speaker, I appreciate this very much! :)

Excellent result in the war - well done for Mansur - even though he was a wee bit of a naughty boy when it came to wine :D

every man has his own weaknesses - for some it's women, for some it's wine :)

Great update! A daring choice to go after Naples, but a great success.

Oh and I still approve of your soundtrack. :D

Part 05 - Where Do We Go From Here? (1444-1454)

[video=youtube;7o6Z2FC4R6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6Z2FC4R6U[/video]

And thus Mansur returned home with glory and with a victory that would have been unimaginable some decades ago - he and his crew successfully subjugated one of the oldest Crusader Kingdoms in the Mediterranean that was formed back in the bloody 11th century. The Normans were beaten and all their subjects and resources are now available to us for driving off the Crusaders from the Mediterranean once and for all.

But the situation was more complicated than this and the Council started to feel a bit uneasy when it came to Mansur - especially that there were rumors about Mansur regularly speaking privately with his vassals, the Duke of Naples and the Duke of Cyprus, and though the subject of these meetings never reached the ears of the council members, there were quite a few who suggested this as a plan for overthrowing the Council and introduce the supreme power of Mansur and Mansur only in the lands that currently answer to "Tripoli" (which means the High Council in the first place).

(Meanwhile on the other side of the world...)

misc602.jpg

And beside all this, the victory had its price and the price was high enough on its own - the homelands of the corsairs ware looted by the forces of Aquileia and those who stayed ashore in the war (mostly women and children) suffered greatly. It looked like Mansur and the country have to face a decade of restoration if they wanted to heal all the scars the Malik's bold move caused for his own people...

misc601.jpg

Amongst others, the devastation of the Free Cities led to temporary lack of able crew members for the ships as many chose to stay at home instead and participate in the reconstruction of the badly damaged countryside.

The suspicions of the council members grew further, as with now Naples and many others across the sea on his side Mansur didn't worry much about the lack of newly enlisted crew. He even concluded that he wouldn't need lousy youngsters seeking only adventures when it come to sieges and battles on foreign shores. He introduced new measures for those who wanted to participate in his raids and started to favor foreign mercenaries instead of his own people.

misc603.jpg

Three years after the conquest of Naples the tensions between him and the Council reached a point when there were no more seances on the Carpet of Ahmad and the Council could considered themselves exiled in their own land.

They couldn't risk any open movement against the self-propelled vigor of Mansur and it was just one of the reasons that they were those who gave them power - though those were dire times when they had to let Ahmad the Old die in his grief to further ensure the continuous rule of his line. Mansur was the logical solution but he was not the only...

And he felt it too. Even with such victories and glory Mansur was impatient and utterly headstrong - like often his father before just he was more eager in a fight and less keen in diplomacy. And he had his own agenda too - he inherited the hostility with his relatives in Egypt and he was even bolder than his father when it came to personal matters. He felt that should he put and end to the line of the Burji's as leaders of the Mamluks his reputation will reach the point when he will not have to ask but the council members will voluntarily give up their role in ruling the corsairs. And with the Council ruled by fear and disagreement, by the summer of 1447 the time for his revenge has come...

misc604.jpg

The Council was shocked. The cities of Tripoli mostly lied in ruins and the army of the Egyptians was some six times larger than the number of men Mansur took for his ultimate quest of honor. But the initial attack went well with the main Mamluk army fighting the endless waves of Timurid cavalry on the east.

To worsen the position of the council members even their own initiatives started to work against them. With their reforms ongoing for decades now they began to have positive effects on technological matters too - but as this was Mansur's time and not theirs, there was some valid fear that the common people would see the Malik's right in this too.

misc605.jpg

On 8th October in the next year the capital of the Mamluks fell to the hands of Mansur - without any sign of their main forces in the heart of their very own country. Mansur was the first man of his army to step on the streets of Cairo and as he walked across the beautiful city of marble he felt the revenge of his family finally fulfilled.

misc606.jpg

With the Timurides to the east, Mansur to the west, Omani fleets to the south and Berber pirates from Algiers on their Mediterranean shores the Mamluks had not much hope winning against any of them - luckily for Mansur as the army of the Egyptians was still intact and was on its way from Nubia. But the Mamluks had to deal with their own too as rebellions against the devastation of war started to pop up in their lands.

On 27th May 1449 they finally gave in to Mansur's demands and they handed over their lands known as Libya, bordering the very eastern cities the corsairs control. They also paid a considerable amount of gold and agreed upon the releasing of the Emirate of Adal from its vassal status.

peace07.jpg

And thus Mansur returned home gloriously once more. People were flooding the streets as he marched through Tripoli while the council members sat quietly on the Carpet of Ahmad and tried to figure out a solution for the case...

Aware of the situation and due to the recent wars and the ongoing restoration of Tripoli, some protesters from the fleet tried to get Mansur at a disadvantage and pressurized him because of the favors towards the merchants and "not landing a hand to the fleet". They thought the time had come to revert to the Old Ways as they said.

Though Mansur was quick to point it out that without the merchants they wouldn't have ships of their own to worry about and so the traders deserve every assistance they get - in the end it took a few cut off limbs for him to make them understand this too. This was a punishment that took some notice not only in the eyes of the council members but in the common shipmates to...

misc607.jpg

But finally, now seven years after the beginning, the last waves of the two wars Mansur led the corsairs into were going to calm down. To bolster up his power even more in the homelands he organized a syndicate in the city of Sirt with his most reliable veterans as leaders to pressurize the Council and possibly to have a "Council" of his own - just in case...

misc608.jpg

...but tensions have grown among his people as well. And finally the High Council decided to step in - they began with Mansur's cousin, Ali who was the potential successor to him (as per suggestion of the Council some 20 years ago too). Unlike the Malik, the council members were masters of the politics and found their way to catch Ali off guard and smuggle some poison into his dinner. Then it was only a matter of time...

misc609.jpg

This was their first step in the rewriting of their own past decision and getting rid of the family heritage they couldn't foresee when Ahmad the Old was raised as Malik nearly a half century ago. The move left Mansur without a successor and gained interest for the Council in the eyes of the common shipmates as they were those who were to nod on anybody who could rule the corsairs in the Free Cities.

It seemed that Mansur had no suspicions about this at all. Though he missed his cousin and ordered a grand funeral for him, he wanted an own successor, a blood from his own blood. He was nearly 40 still without family - a fact that was very common among his ever-fighting crew and Mansur himself wasn't an exception to it. He still had his dreams of becoming Sultan, but for the first time in his life he felt very tired of politics too...

But among the worrying facts for Tripoli there were some good news too - with the death of the last local landlord who had any personal connection to the Byzantine Emperor (of One City) before the conquest, the faithful Greeks of the province previously known as Morea have now no other loyalty than the High Council of Tripoli.

misc610.jpg

And to prove this they even sent a large amount of gold to the Council (and not to Mansur!) as well as they wishes for "wisdom in the govern of our land".

misc611.jpg

And that was the trigger for initiating the plan. With the fact that the common folk is not entirely under the influence of Mansur, in the spring of 1453 the Council decided to do a bold move too (thus setting off probably the very first "bold" move the High Council of Tripoli ever considered) - they came up with a child. A newborn. A newborn with a carefully set background.

The council claimed that the child, named Ahmad, was now the only rightful successor of Ahmad the Old, being a great-grandson of him (on the mother's line) and he and only he has the potential in him of leading the corsairs into the future. And after the plan was set in motion the only question remained open was the reaction of the people...

heir04.jpg

To ease the fear of the High Council the reactions were mainly positive as the captains with the largest power recognized Ahmad as a legal candidate for the title of Malik.

Mansur's position above the High Council and his claim of ruling the corsairs alone switched from very good to very bad from one day to another. He felt the weigh of his two grand war pulling down his shoulders - a fact that might have been involved in not having a child of his own despite having a dozen of concubines. And this was that delivered the final blow for his rule.

In the end he regretted everything. Regretted his defiance to the Council, his private actions on the field of diplomacy, his "treachery" in bringing foreign crew into his army, his unprepared and unplanned wars against enemies who could have destroyed all the Council has fought for - in the end, he regretted even what was the very best of him. And finally he gave up on himself. He was only a warrior, not a leader - he was convinced that he wasn't the true successor of his grandfather. And on 27th September in the year 1454 he voluntarily resigned from his position as Malik of the Corsairs.

regency01.jpg

Mansur relocated to the house of veterans he established and there he lived on for a long and peaceful time with telling a lot of tales about the wars he fought in gloriously. And the fate of the corsairs was in the hands of the High Council once again - and in the hands of a little protégé whom they claimed to be the last one of Ahmad the Old's line...

Last edited: