• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll try one more
1.png

2-1.png
3-3.png

Yes, that literally makes me want to kill someone. Apparently my 30,000 troops were feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps, so a single enemy regiment manages to destroy the army instantly. Excuse me?

Yes, that literally makes me want to kill someone. Apparently my 30,000 troops were feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps, so a single enemy regiment manages to destroy the army instantly. Excuse me?

I think that's quite realistic. Remember that History has some amazing episodes of a few soldiers heavily outnumbered defeating an army buch bigger but not so well prepared or demoralised. Henry V, for example.

Of course, at the Agincourt the few soldiers were the defenders, and the entire point of Agincourt was Henry V taking advantage of the terrain.

Of course, at the Agincourt the few soldiers were the defenders, and the entire point of Agincourt was Henry V taking advantage of the terrain.
It's like those darn -4 terrain rolls all over again, isn't it? :D

It's indeed a bit strange that the AI boycotts you when you don't even trade in their CoTs. If I remember correctly, the AI used to only boycott you if you traded heavily in their CoTs and especially if you traded agressively (having monopolies, sending lots of merchants at the same time, etc). Apparantly the AI believes in pre-emptive boycotting.

That why i try to do teach them a lesson every time they do such a thing to me! (embargo - DOW, end of war = 2500 ducats, end of embargo, then embargo - DOW... etc. But it is tiresome... Not always DOWing them but try to do it from time to time... if i would have HTTT i would just use the CB system , but in IN it is giving you stabhit, so only if i would be emperor it would be of any use to me (big stab bonus). So i do it only if i am emperor or i want something other from them XD.

It's indeed a bit strange that the AI boycotts you when you don't even trade in their CoTs. If I remember correctly, the AI used to only boycott you if you traded heavily in their CoTs and especially if you traded agressively (having monopolies, sending lots of merchants at the same time, etc). Apparantly the AI believes in pre-emptive boycotting.

I find that if you're a rival they will embargo you. On the other hand I have also embargoes annoying OPMs with huge TE because they keep breaking my monopolies on CoTs that are worth 1500 ducats, yet take forever to send merchants to because they're in the new world :mad: