• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Raul The Runt

goat-herd
13 Badges
Nov 6, 2000
www.101thingstodowithagoat.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
My real question is whether upgraded tradeposts are less likely to be overrun by natives, but I thought I would ask the more general question 'What does upgrading tradeposts do?' because I will probably learn more than I expect.

----------------
Raul the Runt
-- Mama always warned me not to stick my finger there. --

IMHO you are much better served by using that extra TP on another province instead since you get usually a lot of Trade for the first level, i.e. creating the TP in the first place....
And about the other question I beleive effectively the risk of native attack goes up with higher level TP. Since every time you place a TP level you have to check if the natives revolt and if they do they completely raze your TP regardless of levels, unless you have forces there that win the battle..

Cobos

Trade income inceaces... but if you max your tradepost (level 6), you will get only about 2x bigger income then from level 1 tp.
And about natives... if you don't plan to colonize this province later on, don't feel shy and exterminate them. After all, what are couple of thousand of natives against peaceful sleep of your merchants. ;)

It would be nice if a province were natives have been wipe out gave no trade profit : why should it ? you are an ugly exterminator and nobody there wants to trade with you, right ? And the manual clearly states that in that case, you rely on local labor. Do ghosts work ?

You only kill their armed forces and let the rest of the local population live. And they keep their mouth shut and work, because they know that if they start bbq on your tp, you will come and kill them. Setting an example what happens if you resist should describe it.