• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still first (Duke of Munster --> now King of Ireland and Wales) game going at year ca. 1150. It's slow work. Maybe 30-40 hours read time played. Next time I will start as vassal, with infidels nearby, with possiblity to meet mongols, and possibly landlocked. Boats are almost like railroad in this game! In civilizationesque meaning)

Try thinking boats are easy travel when you're in Scandinavia, namely Norway. It's either get boats or take a quarter of a year to march from one county to the next. Thankfully, they're almost all next to water up there.

Up to nearly the finish line (1400's) as Wales, controlling a large part of England but the marriages are all over the place and I have territory in Italy, Brittany etc. Played the demo a lot, but this is my first real run through and I think I cannot make it to the finish line because of my widespread dynasty and the claims that France, Scotland and Ireland have on me. As soon as my vassals revolt, they all join in the claim my throne...grrr. First run through, learnt loads, mistakes about marrying will not be made again...

Abandoned my first game to start fresh after installing the path. On my way to lose my second now to having no legal heir, a very tough spot to get out of as being a woman in my 50's :(
..so after that a new fresh start with the next patch.

Don't think I've ever made it past 1250. No matter who I start as that usually seems to be enough time to forge yourself a sizeable kingdom and there's either no more challenge or you are spammed by plots and revolts, that are easy to put down, but just happen over and over again.

My main game is still not finished :p I'm in 1310. Started as duke of Flanders in 1066, king of France and Burgundy now, and actually weary of expanding further :p I trhink I'll just try to keep stable until the final date, while annoying the HRE as usual. I hope there won't be any HRE left, now there is Toscana, Lombardia and Bavaria + some Golden Horde that control the biggest area of the original HRE.

Finished two games starting as Conde de Asturias. The first game sadly led to a division of Iberia which lead to the destruction of christian Iberia and game over sometime in the 14th century. My second game we finally succeeded with my dynasty controlling all of Iberia and North Africa. Currently on my third game as Poland.

As beta tester not tested the late game (1300+) ?

Well depends...
"I'm king of the world" since 1200 and found X bugs in the 5 first years and few after, what would change in 1300+ for test purpose ?
I think nothing... so yeah, never went further than 1300+. Started some but if you start in 1290 and go toward 1300+, I don't call it a late game :)

I think I'm addicted to test now :D

Managed to complete one game, started as Werner von Habsburg and ended up with a Habsburg HRE. Dynasty members included the Kings of England, Sicily, Poland, Jerusalem and one or two of the spanish kingdoms.

Got very tedious towards the end, all those peasant revolts... and any war against a not-minor power was very tedious too, because the levy raising interface for large realms is not ideal. I ended up simply raising _all_ my levies and disbanding those I didn't need. Of course I inevitably forgot some, and they got crushed... It was especially annoying when a far-away muslim declared war on me, it was a nightmare to transport all those troops to the Middle East to defend Jerusalem. So much clicking.

And even though the Habsburgs remained Holy Roman Emperors for more than a century, my score at the end was not _that_ high, I think ~70000.

In my only game so far was the Habsburgs too. I just finished it surviving till the end in 1453. I wasn't as successful as you since I all I could manage was becoming King of Brugundy and gaining independence from the HRE. Some of the Dynasty members were able to become Counts and some were Dukes in other Kingdoms but none were able to become Kings or Queens of other realms other than the Kingdom of Brugundy that I was able to create. In the end I think I finished with a score of around 45,000.

Never finished a game here. 3 times now I've expanded to the point where nearly all of my time was spent clearing rebels, but ultimately it's just not fun enough to want to keep going for long after that.

I've finished three games. Ended as king of Scotland, Wales and Ireland in the first, King of Sweden and Finland in the second, and King of Ireland in the last.

I've been playing CK1 since the mid-2000s and I am yet to finish a game, let alone progress far enough to see the Mongols invade. Furthest I've gone might've been the early 1200s. :p

Currently it's 1441. Almost there!

Hold 11 king titles (Ireland, France, Castille, Leon, Aragon, Portugal, Burgundy, Jerusalem, England, Wales, Scotland) and have a claim on a 12th (Egypt) but I haven't been able to get around to pressing it because my last 2 rulers have been females, with female heirs, and my last 3 rulers haven't managed to live more than 10 years (I'm fairly certain they're being assassinated, by who I'm not sure). Probably going to finish at right around 100,000 points (96,000 right now).

I'll say this: wars in the late game are a tedious pain in the butt. I dread them. Every castle has at least 2000 men defending it and castles with 4k or more defending them are not uncommon. Sieges never seem to advance more than around 2% every 12 days.

Cairo has a castle with about 5k men in it and a supply limit of 3k. The attrition is like 14%. I don't think you can take it without losing 10's of thousands of men.

To be honest: Zero.
My first game (38h so far) went pretty good, but i got sandwiched between the mauren and france (playing in spain) :D

I read the in-depth guide yesterday and noticed that i did a lot of things wrong, very wrong, and therefore i am lacking money and troops and have not the power to expand, like i should if i would have done it right in the first place.

So I decided to re-start with spain, after the new patch and hope i can expand my empire more than i did in my first game ;)

greetings
SB

Played two to game over, but only one the full ~400 years (von Habsburg). The other I was wiped out in 1315 by the HRE who gave my land away. In two others I got to 1314 (coincidence?) and late 13th century but I'd messed up so badly that I just saved the game mid-crisis and may or may not go back. I think of them as Game Over if I don't. I've played >1500 years of game time so far, usually on fastest speed unless there's a war on or something's up. I tend not to play vast Empires, though, Ireland+, Burgundy+, Iberia, but not HRE or anything close to a WC. So they're manageable Kingdoms.

Eh, I get bored around the 1200 mark. Perhaps I'll try to build some sort of cultural/economic superpower in Ireland after some of my favourite mods have been updated.