• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(137745)

Corporal
2 Badges
Mar 19, 2009
www.piratesahoy.net
  • East India Company
  • Majesty 2
Just a quick one guys.

Some of may already know PA! but for those that do not Pirates Ahoy! is a website that covers pirate games.

Anyway we have started a Wiki for EIC and if anyone would like to go over it and correct any mistakes I've made or add any entries please feel free to do so.

The link is in my sig :)

If this is considered to much 'advertising' could the mods please delete, it's there as a resource only :D

Just a quick one guys.

Some of may already know PA! but for those that do not Pirates Ahoy! is a website that covers pirate games.

Anyway we have started a Wiki for EIC and if anyone would like to go over it and correct any mistakes I've made or add any entries please feel free to do so.

The link is in my sig :)

If this is considered to much 'advertising' could the mods please delete, it's there as a resource only :D

We support this, great idea!

K3ith I can see a few small typos such as 'South Asia' instead of 'South Africa' (though the game covers almost all of Africa outside the Mediterranean coast). Do you want people to volunteer to make edits?

maybe an expansion in the carribean?? for those who want more ports and bigger fleets to manage.. they can do an
EIC: Venture to the carribean/south america's

where it adds the carribean and south american section of the trade world, and pits your company at an expansion attempt into the portugese/spanish dominated south america, and turbulent carribean? all the while still managing/protecting your companies interests in the east indies ??

Can you imagine the man hours managing your multiple fleets in the 2 different routes ?? fighting off pirates on both ends along with privateers? siding with the americans in the revolution?? could be fun =D

You would still be an east india company since your origins are there, but you could be a superpower of a company .. mauhauhauh .. be like the petrol companies of today, strangle hold on everything...

Still getting away from the theme of the East Indies, though. I *hope* that any expansion would include land warfare to rival the total war series, though I realise this is not the same sort-of game really.

yeah it would be nice.. but that would be like a whole rework of the game as you said its not that sort of game, and they would probably have to program a whole bunch of stuff so it would take some time i think... i wouldn't want them throwing in some half assed land battle system as a gimmick, though a well worked one in the future would be nice i think. Control of lands in provinces/districts/roads could allow you to affect some price change in goods?

reason i and others suggest carribean etc, is because its a natural expansion for the game, there is no real change in the game mechanic its just adding more ports and possibly more competition.

There's no Italy in the game, Italy didn't even exist back then. There's Empire/Germany/HRE/Austria. I would edit but I can't.

There's no Italy in the game, Italy didn't even exist back then. There's Empire/Germany/HRE/Austria. I would edit but I can't.

There was Venice. Historically still powerful on the sea on XVI century but with no wish to challenge the Ocean.

Genoa tried to build their own East India Company, they launched an expedition of two ships from the Netherlands using Dutch sailors and shipwrights but ships were confiscated by Dutch navy as they set off for the journey. So Italy could be represented by Genoa.

I know it's a stretch but we already have Portuguese company in the game which lived for only three years and went bankrupt due to lack of private capital willing to invest in the enterprise.