• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They aren't completely finished, I know, but don't worry - the errors are small and easily corrected. Btw, the families ending on -us should disappear once all families mentioned in your files have been added to cultures.txt (I've only added a few).

Like this :

Code:
	family = {
		Aemilius.Aemilia
                Aebutius.Aebutia
		Antonius.Antonia
                Antius.Antia
		Atilius.Atilia
		Atius.Atia
		Aufidius.Aufidia
		Aurelius.Aurelia
		Caecilius.Caecilia
		Calpurnius.Calpurnia
		Cassius.Cassia
		Claudius.Claudia
		Clodius.Clodia
		Cloelius.Cloelia
                Cominius.Cominia
		Cornelius.Cornelia
		Domitius.Domitia
		Fabius.Fabia
		Flavius.Flavia
                Fulcinius.Fulcinia
		Fulvius.Fulvia
		Furius.Furia
		Gabinius.Gabinia
		Galerius.Galeria
                Geganius.Gegania
                Herminius.Herminia
		Horatius.Horatia
		Hostilius.Hostilia
		Julius.Julia
		Junius.Junia
		Larcius.Larcia
                Lartius.Lartia
		Licinius.Licinia
		Livius.Livia
		Lucius.Lucia
		Lucretius.Lucretia
		Maelius.Maelia
		Mamilius.Mamilia
		Manlius.Manlia
		Marcius.Marcia
		Marius.Maria
                Mucius.Mucia
		Memmius.Memmia
                Menenius.Menenia
                Minucius.Minucia
		Nigidius.Nigidia
		Octavius.Octavia
		Papirius.Papiria
		Plinius.Plinia
		Pompilius.Pompilia
		Postumius.Postumia
		Pompeius.Pompeia
		Rabirius.Rabiria
                Roscius.Roscia
		Quinctius.Quinctia
		Quirinius.Quirinia
		Salvius.Salvia
		Scribonius.Scribonia
		Sempronius.Sempronia
		Sertorius.Sertoria
                Servilius.Servilia
                Sicius.Sicia
                Sulpicius.Sulpicia
		Silius.Silia
		Tarquinius.Tarquinia
                Tolumnus.Tolumna
		Tatius.Tatia
		Titius.Titia
		Tullius.Tullia
		Ulpius.Ulpia
		Valerius.Valeria
                Verginius.Verginia
                Veturius.Veturia
		Vesuvius.Vesuvia
		Vinicius.Vinicia
		Viridius.Viridia
		Vitellius.Vitellia

Guess you also need this common\families folder then : http://www.2shared.com/file/8157482/a7b256d4/families.html

Last edited:
i was mighty close to going to bed, but i guess i'm doing an all nighter tonight, work tomorrow is going to be terrible.

So far nothing but freezes, and that pretty early, just a few months in, too. Both times it has frozen when I have pressed the "Fine!" button when an announcement from foreign powers concerning an alliance or annexation etc. Quite odd.

Still, amazing work, and this is just the beta, once it is complete it will be a joy to play.

Well I play on 2.1, and it seems the starting date do nothing, what ever i choose it's always take me to most early starting date scenrio. For some reason(maybe you mentiond it earlier sorry if you did) Only Italy is avialbe. Rome is weak and pathtic, with no real economay and aggresive neigbohrs with 12+ cohorts i have no chance to win a single province. And every one are gurntee every one...so Every small war turns to a real Italian world war. Plus none of the fetures you promised are included. Well i hope you come up with a finished version :).

Well I play on 2.1, and it seems the starting date do nothing, what ever i choose it's always take me to most early starting date scenrio. For some reason(maybe you mentiond it earlier sorry if you did) Only Italy is avialbe. Rome is weak and pathtic, with no real economay and aggresive neigbohrs with 12+ cohorts i have no chance to win a single province. And every one are gurntee every one...so Every small war turns to a real Italian world war. Plus none of the fetures you promised are included. Well i hope you come up with a finished version :).

If you want to help Descartes, I'm sure he would be glad. Not reading what was said before and then complaining is a bit lame.

Great work Descartes, the speed with which your project advances is incredible!
Can't test the mod because I wont have a good graphics card until September 2010. But until then you might be finished :D So it's worth the waiting

If you want to help Descartes, I'm sure he would be glad. Not reading what was said before and then complaining is a bit lame.

Great work Descartes, the speed with which your project advances is incredible!
Can't test the mod because I wont have a good graphics card until September 2010. But until then you might be finished :D So it's worth the waiting

Hold your horses fanboy,You maybe misunderstood, I did not compliand, nor did i say i didnt read anything. I only said iam not sure if a specific arugement i threw was posted before. Stop been a fanboy...we are all here to promote this AWESOME(!) Mod. And Descartes which i play his Imperium mod the second it got realsed.

Last edited:
He never said that the whole map would be finished upon first release. He never said that this is the final version. It is a BETA for a reason. I can sure see many of the features he has showed earlier, such as 2 consuls, language instead of cultures and so on. And Rome wasn't really a powerhouse back when it was a kingdom, and not when it was a republic before the Samnite Wars either.

I dont complain either, i just think that this Beta lives up to its name, as it isnt very good for a real game, but you can use it decently for bugfixing. I am just a little disappointed because i thought 2.0 was about to come out with all the promised options around this time. But i am sure no one would ever really complain or push Decartes, because lets be honest: Without his awesome work noone would play Rome by now anymore.

P.S. And Starwolf has a point: With the current setup its not even possible to survive as Rome, even if you would ignore that lots of very necessary option of the game are missing, as you are run over by huge stacks in a few years.

I've done some playtesting, and it seems you're right. The mod is not as stable as I thought. I guess I was extremely lucky when I tested it before the release, because I was able to play for at least 20 years (this time it crashed after 9) before I stopped playing.
I think the crashes are caused by some of the civil war factions, so I'll start searching for errors asap. Btw, it's good to see some people can take it for what it is: a beta release.

Thanks a lot for the family names, Duke.

first imperium game

I tried to start the game in a lot of different time and always get a freeze crash after one month, then i tried to start on the years 31, when romulus is old enough to be useful, and i manage to play for 20 years before its freeze.

Here is what i found, dont worry i think your game i really great and i just want to help:) , sorry for the spelling im a french from québec

The garrison taking you manpower prevents you from having any manpower, and its the same with the province you manage to conquer. i succeded in taking 7 province but i was not getting stronger because i could only rely on mercenary and i started to have no more to hire with time.

Maybe you already know, but when you load a saved game, all the diplomacy like alliance and tribute vanished and everyone is neutral, and war are stopped.

You are doing an awesome job and i wish this is somehow useful for you

I'll do something about the garrisons for sure. It felt logical to reduce local manpower with 1000 when the garrison increases with 1000, but it's not good for balance.
And no, I didn't know diplomatic relations disappeared when you loaded a save game. That's weird! :eek:

Hmmm I tried taking a look at the mod out of curiosity, but now I can't seem to load my vanilla game. At first rome was crashing every time I turned it on, so I cleared the map cache. Now it loads, but will crash if I click on single player. I can't say that it was caused by the mod, but it was the last thing I did before trouble. Anyone have a suggestion?

I'd add that this small trouble aside, I look forward to the final result, been checking daily for the last couple months on progress. Keep up the good work and enjoy. :)