• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreeze

Second Lieutenant
28 Badges
Feb 26, 2012
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
Hi,
I am playing France, after annexing few of my closest 'enemy' I now have 4 trade center in a small area, I was wondering if I need to get rid off the ones that are not profitable (2 on 4, malus of 20 of prestige each time), or should I just keep them? What are the reasons to destroy/to keep a CoT ?

Which are the CoTs? Ile-de-France, Antwerp and ...

If one of your CoTs is inland, in a non-core or wrong culture province and below 300 value, you should probably destroy it. The less CoTs you're trading in, the better your compete chance and the easier to achieve and maintain monopolies.

Which are the CoTs? Ile-de-France, Antwerp and ...

If one of your CoTs is inland, in a non-core or wrong culture province and below 300 value, you should probably destroy it. The less CoTs you're trading in, the better your compete chance and the easier to achieve and maintain monopolies.

This, assuming, of course, that you are staying mercantalist. I would add that Ile-de-France is very poorly located so if you have Antwerpen and Liguria it probably isn't the worst idea to eliminate it anyway. If you have those two plus Andalucia I'd call it a no-brainer.

i'd keep the CoTs and let them die on their own, unless they aren't cored and you are suffering in sending out merchants. CoTs give a great tax bonus that you can take advantage of, and as france i think production and taxes would be some of your best income

I am wondering about something here... is it possible that a Cot is created from out of nowhere? asking because when I play some games and I stay like Norway or an big empire and I don't have a Cot then suddenly it pops up a new cot in a random province in my country... I delete it end some months/years later it happends again, its really annoying... like 60 years later in a Norway game and I want a Cot in Akershus or Bergenshus and I am soon getting the money to it then suddenly a Cot opens in Iceland or Trøndelag... do someone know why!?

I am wondering about something here... is it possible that a Cot is created from out of nowhere? asking because when I play some games and I stay like Norway or an big empire and I don't have a Cot then suddenly it pops up a new cot in a random province in my country... I delete it end some months/years later it happends again, its really annoying... like 60 years later in a Norway game and I want a Cot in Akershus or Bergenshus and I am soon getting the money to it then suddenly a Cot opens in Iceland or Trøndelag... do someone know why!?

There is a mechanic that automatically spawns a CoT if the number of occupied provinces in the world divided by the number of CoTs goes above 30. The mechanic prioritizes provinces that are in culture groups that don't already have a CoT. Once all culture groups are represented it tends towards the top of the province list-Scandinavia...