• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless they get surounded, in which case Nikolas will be writing to Mat'ka from a POW camp, or worse.... ;)

Nonsense. Nikolas will escape with a rag-tag group of Slovak mercenaries and fight their way back home. :mad:

Nonsense. Nikolas will escape with a rag-tag group of Slovak mercenaries and fight their way back home. :mad:

He gets "assigned" to a HQ division and are quickly redeployed to Slovaki once the infantry divisions are surounded :p
Haha, in all seriousness, I hope that does not happen, would hate to see this thing end in such a aweful way, unless Mat'ka joins the army in a new division after Nikolas is killed?

He gets "assigned" to a HQ division and are quickly redeployed to Slovaki once the infantry divisions are surounded :p
Haha, in all seriousness, I hope that does not happen, would hate to see this thing end in such a aweful way, unless Mat'ka joins the army in a new division after Nikolas is killed?

I've played this game out for several months. I won't give anything away, but I can safely assure you that does NOT happen :p And no, Mat'ka is not going to join the army, ha ha.

I've played this game out for several months. I won't give anything away, but I can safely assure you that does NOT happen :p And no, Mat'ka is not going to join the army, ha ha.

Oh well, worth a shot
Cant wait to hear about more exploits of the Slovak army though, perhaps a military parade thrugh Amsterdam when the time comes ;)

Last edited:
Oh sweet, someone in Slovakia reading my AAR! :D

Actually, I'm from the Czech Republic, so I hope Nikolas (he should be probably Mikuláš ;)) will participate in the Slovak National Uprising and storm his fascist leaders! Except for zombie Štefánik, who reminds me of zombie Reagan :D

I've seen those pictures of the resort, that's what inspired me to have the Poles and Slovaks fight it out on the mountain. Hey, it makes sense to defend on a mountain, right? :)

All I can say is that I would not like to be a soldier trying to push someone from those mountaintops :)

Amazing AAR I'd like to see the Slovakians goto Scandanavia
This happened once when i played as Poland the Slovakians got OP and started being the front line of the Axis

I was on vacation over the weekend, but I'm back, and I might post an update tomorrow. Stay tuned :D

December 15, 1939

My dearest Matka;

Some time after we settled down into our new camp, the snow came and fell. German snow is no different in amount than Slovak snow, although all snow is wet, cold and miserable. Thankfully they moved us into living quarters with sufficient heating, and we have been living comfortably for the past week or so.

I have regularly been trying to find out what I can of the front to the southwest, for the benefit of you and my family. Needless to say, it is quite interesting. The French managed to break out of the Colmar pocket on the sixth, but the Germans have since managed to close it up again. Apparently the only units which escaped were the higher ranking officers, and many of the divisions who tried to break through to the surrounded soldiers were attacked on their flanks and from behind and were forced to retreat into the very pocket they were trying to liberate.

Now the Germans are pushing deeper into France, making any further rescue impossible. They suppose that about four French divisions are trapped in the defenses of Colmar, cut off from supplies and any support.

Enclosed is the Christmas gift you requested. I gave you my word, love, and I intend to keep every word given to you. Think of me when Christmas comes, if you do not have a letter by then;

Nikolas

HISTORICAL NOTE: It is uncertain what the gift was that Nikolas sent, and to this day it remains a mystery.

That is just like what the French would do :D
Free the pockets and let the Generals escape before getting closed in the pocket themselves
And since they are at the Netherland's border, and the Netherlands are neutral, and they are close to Amsterdam, and they will probably get a Christmas leave for a few days.... I think we all know what Mat'ka got for Christmas

And since they are at the Netherland's border, and the Netherlands are neutral, and they are close to Amsterdam, and they will probably get a Christmas leave for a few days.... I think we all know what Mat'ka got for Christmas

Um...wooden shoes?

a Kar98k?
He should have kept that gun..
By The way...what weapon did Nikolas use against Poland?

I'll answer that in a future update...but first...

December 30, 1939

1939123001.jpg

Slovak forces on the move again

My dearest Mat’ka;

What a fine Christmas we had! No sooner had we settled to enjoy some refreshments provided by the generous German locals...that we received orders to move south! Apparently the Germans are still having difficulty against the French. While the southern part of the front has pushed steadily deeper, moving along the Swiss border, the northern front has met heavy resistance. The Colmar pocket still holds, so troops are tied up with that. Why did Germany get involved in a war if they did not have enough soldiers?

1939123002.jpg

The front lines in France; December 30, 1939

The worst part, my love, is that the snow still sits on the ground, and now what I hoped wouldn’t happen has come to pass - we are marching through heavy snow. A most embarrassing incident happened yesterday because of this. As we were marching along, the architecture of a nearby church caught my eye. I took a few steps forward to take a closer look when suddenly...I fell into shoulder-high snow. Picture me, Mat’ka - up to my shoulders, arms around my head, in the snow. Does it make you laugh? It was good humor for the entire brigade. The only saving grace was that my officer, who saw me and cursed my stupidity, took a few steps forward to help me...and himself fell into shoulder high snow. Now at least I was not alone in my embarrassment. Neither was I alone in the officer’s cursing, after he got a good laughing from the entire brigade.

1939123003.jpg

Slovak soldiers trudge through the snow

I wish I had some cheerful news to give you, Mat’ka, but unfortunately there is little I can share. The weather is miserable, we are still marching nonstop in a foreign land, and above it all, many of us are beginning to feel fear. If the French are giving the Germans such a stubborn fight, how will we fair? The French will not be like the Poles - they could be worse than the Hungarians. All the same, we march on, and hope that Golian, Eminger, or someone will prove their merit in command.

Yours in love;

Nikolas

Just a little note, I haven't given up on this AAR. I just got blindsided by real life a little bit. I'll try to update this over the weekend.

Also, it’s been rather interesting studying up on the Slovak military during World War II, and noticing a few more errors with HoI3 in that regard. For one, 1. Division and 2. Division should actually be called Slovak Fast Division and Slovak Security Division, respectively - they didn’t receive their numbered titles until 1943. And, of course, there’s the notice of the complete absence of any armor or motorized vehicles, which the Slovaks did have at the start of the war. But, given that I can’t trade, and your oil goes bye-bye rather quickly, that’s probably a good thing.

This is a vey interesting aar.
THE DIVINE POWER OF ALL SLOVAKIANS DEMANDS A UPDATE!;)

But really i hope your real life is ok and you take your time returning to this. Im sure myself and many other will be waiting.