• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, if you don't get Oldenburg but get Mecklenburg instead that wouldn't be too bad...

A quite difficult war, you clearly need more troops.
It's time for a loan I think.

The war is almost over, last part coming up in a few minutes. I didn't have to take a loan, though might have if need be.

While the war rages on, luckily now mostly just beyond my borders, some prior comes asking to contribute to a new religious order. I decide I don't have time or money at this time to hear him out and send him away empty handed.

1507JunePetitionforanewreligiousord.jpg

Petition for a new religious order, June 1507.​

In October I try a second assault of Oldenburg, which doesn't succeed. A Danish army is on it's way through Bremen to Oldenburg so I might get in trouble. Cleves is still sieging hannover, but that might not be the smartest thing to do. They are at war with an alliance consisting of Burgundy, Berg, Guelders and Scotland and Burgundy is assaulting their sole province.

1507OctoberAssaultOldenburg.jpg

Situation of the war in October 1507, right after the second failed assault on Oldenburg.​

The government of Cleves sends me a peace offer so they can focus on the Burgundian Alliance. I'm 35 ducats richer.

1507OctoberSeperatePeaceCleves.jpg

Seperate peace with Cleves, they pay Brandenburg 35d in indemnities, October 1507.​

The Danish army clashes with mine in November and despite it being a close victory, we win and continue sieging Oldenburg. Our greater cavalry numbers on the plains might have done the trick.

1507NovemberBattleOldenburg1-1.jpg

Situation of the war in November 1507, while the battle in Oldenburg rages.​

In January 508 I try another assault on Oldenburg to get it over with and it succeeds. I immediatley try to vassalize them but that option is greyed out and so I annex them instead. I subsequently get Denmark to sign peace with me, they will pay Brandenburg 75 ducats in indemnities. Due to the war my badboy rises from 0.0 to 6.0.

1508JanuarySiegeSuccessfulOldenburg.jpg

1508JanuaryDiplomaticSituationafter.jpg

Peace and diplomatic situation of Brandenburg after the war, January 1508.​

I want Oldenburg to be mine, not part of or vassal of the Teutonic Order! :mad:
Sometimes your allies can be more helpful than you want can't they?:D

Joe

Not, not bad at all.
Your BB is still quite low, well done!

Sometimes your allies can be more helpful than you want can't they?:D

Joe

I'm very happy I have such good and useful allies! Even if they are sometimes a bit overzealous as you said. :)

Not, not bad at all.
Your BB is still quite low, well done!

Thanks. I'm a reasonably peaceful person.

Time to get more Bohemian cores?
Better to have core than non-core provinces... :rolleyes:

Not for the moment. They're allied to Austria and friends...

Bohemia and Saxony seem to hate you, they should be next in your diplomatic list :D

Saxony maybe, but as said, Bohemia is a no-go for the time being. And as coz1 has already often mentioned, there will be a lot of war and annexing later on as I get my very talented kings and generals.

Thanks. I'm a reasonably peaceful person.

And as coz1 has already often mentioned, there will be a lot of war and annexing later on as I get my very talented kings and generals.

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong:rofl:

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong:rofl:

Well, all depends on the situation of course. :rofl:

I'm not exactly in a situation to be overly warmongering right now. Once you go over the limit and are powerful enough not to care what the rest of the world thinks of you it doesn't really matter anymore of course if you're peaceful or not.

The year and a half after the final peace deal with Denmark nothing very interesting happens in Europe and the affected provinces recover from the war. In July 1509 Bohemia becomes a vassal of Poland, while Bavaria accepts to become vassals of Austria.

1509JulyBavariaVassalsofAustriaBohe.jpg

Our neighbors strenghten relationships, July 1509.​

The following autumn the nobles demand increased pensions, but I deny their pleas and stability lowers from +3 to +1.

In August 1510 Lithuania annexes the Teutonic Order, but it releases the Order again as vassal in October. so nothing really changes.

Another year later I get another event. This time the cities demand old rights back. I accepted and the centralization slider went -1 however in June 1514 I just went +1 centralization again with the sloder change.

I upgrade the bailiff to tax collector in Oldenburg in August 1515 and in December 1516 gain another level in Land Technology and I can now build level 3 forts!

1516DecemberLTLevel11FortressesLeve.jpg

Land Tech advance to level 11, Brandenburg can now build level 3 forts, December 1516.​

Remember the ACA's if you haven't voted yet! Last chance to vote today! The link is in my signature.

Last edited:
And huge were level 3 forts in the game?

I do not understand the question? Please rephrase, Enewald.

New update:

In September 1517 Spain annexes the leftovers of Burgundy: Brabant, Artois, Luxembourg and Franche-Comté. During the last fifty years they have slowly gobbled up pieces of Italy and they are conquering the Middle and South-American nations like a locust-plague.

1517September26SpainannexedBurgundy.jpg

Spanish possessions in Italy and the Lowlands. Notice Bremen owns Vlaanderen and England has Holland. September 1517.​

Interesting times are certainly on my doorstep when I see the Reformation arrive in November 1518, Calvinism is introduced to the world in February 1521.
Breslau, capital city of Silesia turns Protestant by event in January 1520. The Teutonic Order change state religion and go secular inFebruary 1524. We get a royal marriage with the new state of Prussia by event and they become vassals of Poland by event.
Later in 1524 Hannover becomes my second Protestant province. It takes a few years for other provinces to make up their minds but from the Spring of 1528 onwards most of Brandenburg turns Lutheran until in 1541 only Oldenburg is Catholic.
I change state religion in May 1535, after Sweden (1530), England (1534) and Denmark (March 1535). A lot of German principalities are also Protestant or Reformed by then.

1518December1Reformation.jpg
1521February8Reformation2.jpg

The first and second reformation, 1518-1521.

1520January14ProtestantisminBreslau.jpg
1524February15TOgoesProtestantbecom.jpg

Breslau's inhabitants are the first to turn Protestant in Brandenburg, January 1520. Teutonic Order reforms itself into Prussia, February 1524.

1524July10HannovergoesProtestant.jpg
1526November3Hessejoinsalliance.jpg

Hannover is second to have a Protestant majority, July 1524. Hesse changes state religion and enters Brandenburg's alliance. (leaves some years later again), November 1526.​

Hessen would make a nice vassal.
I hope that you'll inherit Prussia.

"I change state religion in May 1535, after Sweden (1530), England (1534) and Denmark (March 1535). A lot of German principalities are also Protestant or Reformed by then."

Who are you allied with now?

Joe

Hessen would make a nice vassal.
I hope that you'll inherit Prussia.

I hope so too. Hessen as vassal will have to wait sadly. As mentioned in the update, I lost them to another alliance when I myself changed state religion.

I'll stop reading if he doesn't. ;)

Good work so far, Qorten! :)

Thanks!

And so the reformation begins. I hope there are some turbulent and interesting times ahead.

So far it has been rather quiet, but it has only just begun. I'll keep a closer eye on the other majors then I did before to see what happens.

"I change state religion in May 1535, after Sweden (1530), England (1534) and Denmark (March 1535). A lot of German principalities are also Protestant or Reformed by then."

Who are you allied with now?

Joe

I'm still allied to Lithuania. They don't seem to mind that I changed to Protestant. I got invited to an alliance of Poland+Bohemia but declined and then immediately aftr a request from Lithuania, which I accepted (but they are alliance leader now, crap).

I hope so too. Hessen as vassal will have to wait sadly. As mentioned in the update, I lost them to another alliance when I myself changed state religion.

Oh yes indeed, my bad! :eek:o