• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

capgem

Sergeant
13 Badges
Sep 15, 2009
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
Is there a way or tech that will upgrade the units faster? Presently I have a ship that is upgrading at a rate of about .60% a day. Is there something I can do to increase that precentage? I know different units upgrade at different rates. I also know that not overfilling harbours and airfields help the rate. Still I am looking for a way to increase the base rate of the upgrade. Any ideas? Thanks

RADAR and AA are the only areas on ships that do upgrade at all. The upgrade speed is linked with the original build time, which is the reason why it is so extremely slow, especially with BBs. You do not need to keep the ships in a harbour btw; they will also upgrade when on mission iirc.

RADAR and AA are the only areas on ships that do upgrade at all. The upgrade speed is linked with the original build time, which is the reason why it is so extremely slow, especially with BBs. You do not need to keep the ships in a harbour btw; they will also upgrade when on mission iirc.

oh never know about that.....man i was wasting my ships to sit on the harbor to get some AA and radar upgrade...

My question is more generic than that. Is there a way to change the upgrade rate when the different components of the unit is being upgraded. My observation has been that
sea units upgrade at about .60% a day
land units upgrade at about 1.40% a day
air units upgrade at about 1.60% a day
Is there a way of increasing this percentage rate for the units or is it hard coded and nothing can be done? My numbers are not hard facts but rather rough numbers I have observed thru my units while they were doing an upgrade.

You are correct in that the speed is tied to the unit/ship build speed. However, remember those costs are dynamic.

There are three methods to speed upgrading. By researching industrial efficiency you lower the cost of any and all units and is the cheapest method, but limited by the available techs. The most effective method is by increasing "practicals" of the units you see a large need in future upgrading. If you build 10 DD's you will find that the upgrade time is far less than if you only built 1DD. Production laws also have an impact on the various costs. Indirectly, ministers that reduce practical decay of certain units have, over the long run, a very significant impact on upgrading.

I can, at will, reduce the future upgrading costs by 66 to 75% simply by building more of the desired units. Of course, it is not possible to build large quantities of everything--long term planning is needed if you want to get the most bang for the buck.

In addition to what CptCrash said: if you wait with updates until the unit's tech is two or more steps behind the current tech level you researched, the update from 'very old' to 'old' is done in half time for half cost. For updating from 'extremely old' to 'very old' it is a quarter and so on.

For countries that do not expect action until later in the war, like Sov or US, updating at the latest possible moment will save a lot ICd.

Is there a way or tech that will upgrade the units faster? Presently I have a ship that is upgrading at a rate of about .60% a day. Is there something I can do to increase that precentage? I know different units upgrade at different rates. I also know that not overfilling harbours and airfields help the rate. Still I am looking for a way to increase the base rate of the upgrade. Any ideas? Thanks

Are you sure overstacking a base effects upgrade speed? Org regain rate and repair rate yes but upgrades???

Are you sure overstacking a base effects upgrade speed? Org regain rate and repair rate yes but upgrades???
NO I am not sure. I was keeping the units within the specific rates of the different ports and airfields to make sure it did not cause a problem.

Thank you all for your help and information.

Balou thank you especially because your information helped me the most directly with what I was doing.