• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BodyBag

First Lieutenant
12 Badges
Dec 25, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Imperator: Rome
Hi all

How big is the game? The sites says 274 bytes, which is obviously wrong.

I have a cap on my monthly DL, so it would be important info.

Cheers,

Maybe the 274 bytes is the Gamersgate Downloader.
You allways download a small exe-file from gamersgate which then
performs the actual download of the game itself.

Yes, I know, but that is not really helpful...

Yeah, I'll play the Total War games for 20 gig games with intro movies and purdy splosions. Paradox games are lean and mean ;).

I watch an intro movie 2 or 3 times after release plus perhaps another time a few months later ... that's it. So I don't need one.

Fine with me. Intro movies have to be commissioned and cost money... and mostly they go unwatched. That money can be put to better use, like music or art.

anyway, we've got the 7 sins trailers which is a great intro movie. (like to see an all-in-one version)

Fine with me. Intro movies have to be commissioned and cost money... and mostly they go unwatched. That money can be put to better use, like music or art.

Thinking about the intro movies..it was indeed quite a while ago I watched one. The reason for watching it was probably being I could not skip it.
So I second (third? lol) that. And especially the load scenes/backgrounds, the visuals of the menus ect. very often look amendable. Better to spend that money polishing the game features everybody will be watching.

Sure it's nice to watch once, but then I typically delete/deactivate it (if possible) to not have it starting every time the game starts. So definitely not worth the production budget.

We could just have one of the live action commercials as intro videos, would work well enough ^^

500MB seems very small though, in a day and age when games reach the 10s of GB. I assume that is mostly due to programming not taking even close to the same amount of space as graphical assets do? While CK2 looks marvelous to Paradox's standards, it isn't really Frostbite 2 or Unreal 3 we are talking about :)

I assume that is mostly due to programming not taking even close to the same amount of space as graphical assets do?

Most certainly yes. But it's still smaller than I would have expected. Another reason could be that the download is compressed and it will take up more space when installed on disc.

Intro video should be a random 7 deadly sins video each time