• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ex Mudder

Field Marshal
120 Badges
Oct 21, 2001
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • East India Company
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
I am only able to put one station of each type in a system. Is this WAD?

When placing a station the view will often center at the sun and stay there, making it difficult to place the station in it's orbit. Think that is a bug.

I was able to pre position a naval base in a too be colonized system however. Are trade stations of any use in unpopulated systems?

I can not upgrade my science stations. Do I need to research a new tech level to do so? And what happened to the habitation modules on science stations?

I like the number that shows how many stations are ready for an upgrade.

only being able to place one type of station in a system is not a bug (i think). you should be able to shift the center of view by middle-clicking on something (like a planet). trade is currently broken. the inability to upgrade science stations is because you cant build habitats for some reason, confirmed bug.

So far ive only seen bug reports of tarkas science stations not having habitat modules and therfore cant be upgraded. if you have encountered other races with this issue then it needs to be reported in the bugs forum sticky.

Do you still have problems upgrading, even after the patch? Because for me, only alien habitat modules are switched off (likely changed to only being available at bigger stations, like the Sotspedia says).

Yep, science stations are bugged.
I was able to upgrade some pre-patch when they had habitat modules avaiable, but right now these can't be build and the stations lack one module to upgrade them. :(

Playing Morri, btw, maybe it's a race-specific bug.

Yep, science stations are bugged.
I was able to upgrade some pre-patch when they had habitat modules avaiable, but right now these can't be build and the stations lack one module to upgrade them. :(

Playing Morri, btw, maybe it's a race-specific bug.

You should still be able to build Morrigi habitats. I can build Habitats for my own race, even after the patch. I sometimes lost that ability pre-patch.

Do you still have problems upgrading, even after the patch? Because for me, only alien habitat modules are switched off (likely changed to only being available at bigger stations, like the Sotspedia says).

Yes, this is all after the patch. I wasn't having the problem before the patch, except maybe for like one in 20 stations at most. Now entire types of station are completely bugged every time.

only being able to place one type of station in a system is not a bug (i think). you should be able to shift the center of view by middle-clicking on something (like a planet). trade is currently broken. the inability to upgrade science stations is because you cant build habitats for some reason, confirmed bug.

Have no trouble building science stations or upgrading them So far it seems the bug is with upgrading it occasionally will glitch up and crash for some reason or another.

did you start a new game after the patch, or are you continuing a pre-patch game?

I never continue games from before patches. Heck, I get unresolvable crash bugs on my games so often that it's barely worth making save files, they all become unusable after a hundred turns or so anyway.

So I start a new game almost every time I open the program.

I never continue games from before patches. Heck, I get unresolvable crash bugs on my games so often that it's barely worth making save files, they all become unusable after a hundred turns or so anyway.

So I start a new game almost every time I open the program.

I am close to being in the same boat. Sadly it seems to be the stations crashing and not being able to resolve their construction.

It was probably disabled so the player would be less likely to run into a crash usually found on the higher level stations when constructing modules. Granted this is all stipulation, they might have fixed the problems for tomorrow's patch.

Only time will tell.

Edit: As far as I remember, trade and diplomacy have been disabled until a later patch (I think I heard sometime next week, *shrug* )
As well as a couple of other functions, like rebellions and independent nations (if I remember correctly)

I believe it was disabled due to CTD

I am close to being in the same boat. Sadly it seems to be the stations crashing and not being able to resolve their construction.

Yeah, it wouldn't be an issue if it was something I was doing, but it seems to be something the AI does, so I can't change it. I suppose I could hax all their stations away in the save file...

Huh, odd. I know there was something fixed on stations, and I haven't had a single crash since the patch, and have upgraded science stations just fine (as Liir).