• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PART IX: OFFENSIVE IN THE NORTH

Jl2J8.jpg

Tianjin in flames

June, 1937

Forging the Unified Front

Chinese warlords announced their decision to fight against so called Japanese aggression in the North along with KMT.

War News

UdGwE.jpg

General Higashikuni and General Terauchi launched offensives against Lingqiu and Tianjin respectively. Their aim is to encircle Beijing.

KwCpB.jpg

1st Battle Fleet of Admiral Nagano and 2nd Carrier Fleet of Admiral Ozawa were ordered to search for any enemy ships in the East China Sea.

3YQJp.jpg

Propaganda

Under the direction of Prime Minister Hayashi Senjuro, full page propaganda article about Marco Polo Incident was published on the front page of all Japanese newspapers. The article mentioned continuos Chinese violation of Japanese sovereignty in the region and their humiliation towards Japanese people and the Emperor. The article called Japanese people to unite and protect the honor of Emperor.

5CJcj.jpg

The Pittman Act

United States President Roosevelt announced that he would provide financial assistance to Chinese government as part of the Pittman Act.

WZrg3.jpg

War Economy

With the beginning of our offensive in the Northern China, the government prolonged the number of working hours in order to meet demands of the Army. Furthermore, sale of goods that are considered as luxury is restricted.

rv8eN.jpg

Revision of Armaments Program

Beginning of serious battles in China lead PM Senjuro to give priority of the armaments program to new infantry division formations. 6 new infantry divisions will be formed by the end of 1937.

sp4ko.jpg

War News

Our medium bomber force is conducting logistical bombing campaign against Tianjin to disrupt enemy supply flow to the city. Our 3 divisions led by General Kano launched offensive against Beijing from Changed. General Higashikuni planned this offensive as bait to draw the Chinese to Beijing.

csGxq.jpg

Our intelligence informs us that Chinese are dismantling important industrial complexes in the North to transfer them to interior of the country.

ulkB8.jpg

Admiral Nagano spotted a Chinese destroyer near the coast of Shandong. Planes of carrier Akagi sunk the ship.

GbmqB.jpg

Admiral Nagano spotted light cruiser again in the same location. However, light cruiser managed to escape using the night as cover. Chief of the Navy Admiral Hisanori decided to send 2nd Battle Fleet that is currently based at Iwo Jima to Chinese coast.

SUFFu.jpg

Admiral Nagano's Telegram to Navy Ministry, Tokyo -- TOP SECRET

To Admiralty, Urgent.

I was searching for Chinese warships along coast of Shangdong during the last week. I informed sinking of 1 enemy destroyer few days ago. Yesterday, I spotted a light cruiser, however she managed to escape in the night. Currently, my fleet is in Hangzhou Bay. I didn't encounter any enemy ships in this region. I sent several aircrafts of my flagship Akagi to gather intelligence about possible enemy ships in the dock of Shanghai. Our pilots spotted Chinese warships in the dockyard though we don't have exact information about the number and types of the ships. There is also very important information I have to inform : Our pilots didn't spot any enemy ground force concentration in Shanghai. We made several flights and all our observations verify that there is not any military presence in the area. Possibly, Chinese are sending their troops to the North. I am informing this intelligence as urgent since I believe that this info may affect our military plans.

Lastly, according to instructions given to us, we are not allowed to attack Chinese ships in the docks, I am following the order but I want to inform that I am just awaiting order to strike the port.

signed : Admiral Nagano

i9OeO.jpg

Wow, what an opportunity! Strike fast!

Don't you think that you are using too much fuel early on? The bulk of your navy should stay in ports IMO.

you are right,my oil situation is good for now, but I have to prepare for oil embargo. I hope that after oil embargo, I could buy oil from Soviets.

For Shanghai, yeah I will land there. In the North, I am heavily outnumbered and don't have much hope for major breakthrough now.

PART X: LANDING AT SHANGHAI

VbsbK.jpg

Japanese soldiers in the Battle of Nanjing

June, 1937

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

Attendants:

WvClw.jpg

PM Senjuro : His Majesty and Generals, I called this meeting after reading the telegram that Admiral Nagano sent yesterday. In his urgent telegram, Admiral Nagano informed us that there is not enemy troop concentration in the area surrounding Shanghai. He sent several patrol flights and all of them verified this information. As you know, offensive in the north continues fiercely, we are making steady but slow progress. Huge number of enemy troops are slowing down our advance considerably. After reading Admiral Nagano's telegram, I thought that this is very unique chance for us, to cripple the Chinese by directly hitting the very heart of their corrupt state : Nanking. If we land at Shanghai now ,from there we could easily capture the capital city of Nanking. This would, without doubt, bring the fall of Chiang Kai-Shek and the Chinese would have to accept the harshest demands that we can impose on them.

Emperor Hirohito : Prime Minister, this act would turn the clash into proper war with China. Are we prepared for full scale war with China ?

PM Senjuro : His Majesty, personally I don't believe this would turn the clases into full scale war. If we capture Shanghai and Nanjing, KMT would accept defeat. Even if they don't, we can force them into submission with few further operations. This is our best chance to destroy China as barrier to Japanese Empire.

Emperor Hirohito : Do we have a sufficient force for this operation General Kotohito?

General Kotohito : Yes His Majesty, General Hata has 8 infantry divisions ready for operations. His HQ is in now Gwangju, Korea. We can transport his entire army within few hours. He was already informed about the possiblity of operation and prepared military plans. If you give permission , He will do everything to glorify your honour his majesty.

YpoeE.jpg

Emperor Hirohito : Should we expect any naval resistance to this operation ?

Admiral Hisanori : Certainly not his majesty, 1st Battle Fleet and 2nd Carrier Fleet is patrolling the entire area. I can assure you that no chinese fleet could stop our invasion fleet.

Emperor Hirohito : Well generals, you are certain that this operation will succeed to kneel down the Chinese. then I give my blessing to this real act of bravery. Inform General Hata to prepare his forces immediately.

War News

General Hata's Shanghai Expeditionary Army is on the way. 1st Battle Fleet of Admiral Ozawa is near Shanghai coast. 2nd Carrier Fleet of Admiral Nagano is in East China Sea patrolling the area for invasion fleet.

m3Rod.jpg

Battle of Tianjin and Lingqiu

z3Ycx.jpg

Panay Incident

While shelling Chinese ships in Shanghai port, Admiral Ozawa's Fleet sank American gunboat USS Panay by mistake. Americans protested strongly and demanded compensation.

mjg7L.jpg

Landing at Shanghai

General Hata landed at Shanghai successfully. He is now advancing towards Nanjing and Hangzou.

4fHPV.jpg

Admiral Ozawa intercepted a Chinese light cruiser escaping from Shanghai port. Battleship Mutsu sunk the enemy vessel.

dz0ik.jpg

Admiral Ozawa intercepted the rest of Chinese ships from Shanghai port. 2 transport ships were sunk. A light cruiser managed to escape.

aT8MC.jpg

Battle of Nanjing

Battle of Nanjing has begun. General Hata is assaulting the city with 6 divisions. Chian Kai-Shek and the rest of the KMT government fled the capital.

FcyhC.jpg

Chinese brought more reinforcements to Nanjing. Tianjin was finally captured. Our forces are advancing towards Changzhou and Baoding in the North.

tuQJi.jpg

Good reactive AI in Nanjing, although the fact that the capital and coasts were TOTALLY unprotected at first is a disappointment. Even 1 division per province would give you a harder time.

Only unprotected beach I saw was Shanghai. Other ones have at least 5 divisions. In fact, I am quite sure that AI was strat-deploying his units in Shanghai before my landing. After Forging United Front event he obtained huge amount of new divisions and was busy with redeploying them. I think that Shanghai's defencelessness was just temporary situation.

PART XI: VICTORY IN THE NORTHERN CHINA

iRCA8.jpg

Japanese Army entering Beijing

June, 1937

War News

Baoding was captured by our cavalry forces. The enemy is retreating from Beijing to escape from encirclement.

1AzuB.jpg

Technological Researches

pZwyb.jpg

War News

Changzou was captured. Our forces began to march towards Jinan. Our advancement towards Lingqiue continues. Chinese are also trying to get out of Beijing before we close the pocket. There are 10 Chinese divisions in Beijing.

4Hwfk.jpg

The strength of total Chinese force defending Nanjing reached 19 divisions. General Hata decided to stop offensive as fighting turned into bloody stalemate. General Hata requested airforce and reinforcements to make further advances. General Higashikuni sent 3 squadron of Ki-21 bombers to Hanzhou. General Terauchi also left Nagasaki with his HQ and 2 infantry divisions to land at Shanghai.

aGQKU.jpg

Admiral Ozawa spotted and sank one more light cruiser near Hangzou Bay.

YO8oP.jpg

Victory in the North

Our cavalry forces captured Lingqiue and cut the retreating route of Chinese Army. 10 Chinese divisions in Beijing surrendered. There are also 6 more divisions retreating from Tianjin. Those divisions will either surrender or be massacred. Decisive victory has been won in the Northern China. Our losses are approximately 10.000 men while Chinese losses are more than 170.000 men. Fall of Beijing inflicted major morale blow to our enemy. General Higashikuni was awarded with the order of the Golden Kite first class for his successes. The victory increased the confidence of Senjuro's government. Prime Minister Senjuro declared Japanese victory over China and stated that soon Chinese would beg for peace.

OlotS.jpg

Admiral Ozawa decimated small Chinese Navy in Hangzhou Bay.

sGihb.jpg

In the centre, Xuanzhou was captured. Chinese are making continuous counter-attacks in huge numbers to recapture the province. But inferiority of Chinese soldier and equipment makes their vast numbers meaningless.

H2e1n.jpg

Chinese deliberately caused flood in the province of Heze to slow down advance of our troops.

lg1KJ.jpg

Chinese launched new offensive to retake Xuanzhou.

Td3xX.jpg

Technological Researches

Kure Naval Yard developed new model aircraft carriers, this new model is named as Shokaku-Class. Imperial University of Tokyo began to research practical radar facilities.

50rcT.jpg

July, 1937

The government decided to expand naval building program with the addition of 4 new Shokaku class carriers.

DvS9w.jpg

German Recognition of Manchukuo

Foreign Minister Sao Naotake met with German Fuhrer Hitler personally in Berlin yesterday. In this meeting, Foreign Minister explained to Chancellor Hitler that Japan would be much better ally to Germany than Soviet-supported China. Minister Saotake also explained military capabilities of Japan and recent victories in the Northern China and Shanghai. Chancellor Hitler quickly grasped the importance of relations with Japan and decided to sever relations with Chiang Kai-Shek. Germany recognized Manchukuo and recalled its military mission in China.

sU612.jpg

FGJCH.jpg

Lt. General Nishio launched bait offensive against Qingdao to tie Chinese troops there while our cavalry forces cut their supply lines in Zaozhuang.

7Iq4F.jpg

General Hata launched offensive towards Jinhua after Chinese offensive towards Xuanzhou was repulsed. 3 squadrons of Ki-21 bombers are also conducting ground attack missions.

z13rH.jpg

Overall Advance

A little more than a month has passed since the beginning of hostilities. Imperial Japanese Army managed to defeat Chinese in the North and capture Shanghai in the Centre.

vYdYK.jpg

PART XII: QINGDAO SIEGE

jyI9t.png

Mitsubishi Ki-21 bombers above Qingdao

July, 1937

War News

Zaozhang was captured by our cavalry forces. 16 Chinese divisions in Qingdao was trapped.

P5ip6.jpg

1st Battle Fleet moved to Coast of Shando to prevent Chinese supply shippings to Qingdao.

qcVsT.jpg

14 more supply ships were sunk by 1st Battle Fleet. Chinese are desperately trying to supply their troops.

wZ8Vp.jpg

Chinese launched strong offensive with their best German-trained troops to capture Zaozhuang and relieve their Army in Qingdao.

PPI79.jpg

General Higashikuni ordered 6 infantry divisions in Weifang to be transferred to Zaozhong from sea immediately. Mj. General Yamashita's bombers launched logistical strike campaign against Qingdao to worsen supply situation there.

hFNyb.jpg

Chinese offensive was stopped. Admiral Nagano continues to hunt Chinese supply vessels.

DwivJ.jpg

Battle of Yangquan

zWo00.jpg

Starvation campaign against Qingdao continues.

cRXUl.jpg

2nd Carrier Fleet of Admiral Nagano bombed Qingdao port to prevent shippings. Two weeks has passed since the beginning of Qingdao Siege, the city has been turned into ruins by constant IJAAF bombing. We expect that soon the starvation will break out in the city.

wnFNF.jpg

August, 1937

Battle of Hefei

General Terauchi launched offensive towards Hefei. General Hata and Higashikuni planned to isolate the entire Western part of China. If this plan succeed, then approximately a million Chinese soldiers would be encircled.

BZku7.jpg

Chinese attacked Suzhou and Weifang.

1iy31.jpg

Anti-Comintern Pact

Italian Foreign Minister Ciano signed Anti-Comintern Pact today.

QlagG.jpg

Operation Zet

Our intelligence informs us that a lot of Soviet "volunteers" are fighting on the Chinese side. Also, Our pilots verified that they have spotted several Soviet made Polikarpov fighters recently. It is apparent that Soviets are providing secret help to Chinese.

Higashikuni-Hata plan to link up the Northern and Southern Front failed due to strong Chinese offensive against Suzhou. General Terauchi halted his march towards Hefei as well because now there is no need to make already thin communication lines thinner.

jCWob.jpg

Fall of Suzhou

Chinese recaptured Suzhou. It became apparent that without further reinforcements, it is not possible to break through Chinese positions in the Centre. However, there are good news in the Siege of Qingdao. Our sources inform us that starvation began in the city. Food shortage is severe. Our blockade of the port also continues. Within few weeks, we could launch full scale offensive.

NarU6.jpg

Overall Advance

mc0dc.jpg

looking good, but the chinese just massively outnumbber you :eek:
It doesn't look very good at all. Yes, he will destroy many divisions in that pocket, but the AI has many more divs which it can throw against the Japs and it doesn't lack MP, either. Moreover, attempts to form large encirclements may be futile due to ever-present rivers and high enemy troops density. The Chinese are clearly reorganising their lines and it's not sth which will benefit the Japs.

Still, it's only mid 1937, so there is plenty of time to beat the Chinese.

looking good, but the chinese just massively outnumbber you :eek:

yeah, I am outnumbered heavily but my Army is superior to theirs. I can hold their hordes with much less force.

It doesn't look very good at all. Yes, he will destroy many divisions in that pocket, but the AI has many more divs which it can throw against the Japs and it doesn't lack MP, either. Moreover, attempts to form large encirclements may be futile due to ever-present rivers and high enemy troops density. The Chinese are clearly reorganising their lines and it's not sth which will benefit the Japs.

Still, it's only mid 1937, so there is plenty of time to beat the Chinese.

Yeah, AI is filling gaps in the frontline. Encirclements will be hard to achieve at this moment. I will wait for the arrival of 9 fresh divisions in January,1938. Then I hope I could break through their lines.

My fear was the river along Heze-Jinan-Weifang in the North. I passed this river without any resistance because of annihilation in Beijing and Tianjin. Terrain is much better now, I just need more soldiers, then Chinese will be doomed:)

PART XIII: VICTORY IN QINGDAO

zceuz.jpg

Japanese Army entering Qingdao

August,1937

Siege of Qingdao

Chinese forces in Qingdao and Yantai attacked Weifang in desperation.

18TkW.jpg

With the arrival of reinforcements, Chinese offensive against Weifang was halted. Now, Chinese launched offensive against Zaozhang. We are continuously transporting troops between Weifang and Zaozhong to counter Chinese offensives.

qcm3S.jpg

Battle of Qingdao

Chinese failed to capture Zaozhang. We finally launched our offensive against Qingdao. All our bomber forces are also participating in the operation.

7nqOi.jpg

Chinese resistence is still very tough in Qingdao. General Higashikuni stopped offensive to wait for further decaying of Chinese troops by starvation. Our bomber force is still conducting ground support missions.

haCWS.jpg

September,1937

Unit Deployment

Two heavy cruisers Kumano and Suzuya were commissioned in Nagoya dockyard.

AS8X1.jpg

Second Battle of Qingdao

General Higashikuni renewed the offensive against Qingdao. It seems that, this time, Chinese defenses are severely weakened due to starvation.

fXlXo.jpg

Chinese launched simultaneous offensives towards Xuzhou and Xuanzhou with huge number of troops. We are sending reinforcements to Xuzhou in the North but we will probably have to evacuate Xuanzhou.

hjK0K.jpg

We began to evacuate Xuanzhou. 3 cavalry and 3 garrison divisions arrived at Xuzhou. The fighting is fierce in the region. Our victorious troops entered the ruined city of Qingdao yesterday. The city is full of decayed corpses caused by massive starvation. General Higashikuni ordered our army in Qingdao to capture Yantai. Siege of Qingdao costed Chinese 180.000 men and huge number of civilian casualties.

GAd76.jpg

Technological Researches

General Tojo Hideki was chosen by Chief of Staff General Kotohito to improve fighting tactics of Japanese soldiers. General Tojo is known as ardent supporter of relentless massive infantry assaults. According to his, the enemy should be destroyed by the merciless charges of superior Japanese soldiers.

OG2L8.jpg

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

Attendants:

+Emperor Hirohito
+PM Hayashi Senjuro
+Chief of Staff General Kotohito
+Foreign Minister Naotake
+Commander of China Expeditionary Army General Higashikuni

PM Senjuro: His Majesty, we gathered here on your request to discuss Chinese problem. General Higashikuni also arrived at Tokyo today to join this meeting.

Emperor Hirohito : Yes Prime Minister, I want to learn what is happening in China in detail. We captured Beijing, Shanghai and Qingdao but Chinese still continue to fight in spite of your early predictions.

PM Senjuro : Yes His Majesty, I was proven wrong. If you wish, I am ready to resign at this moment.

Emperor Hirohito : No Prime Minister, I want you to continue as Prime Minister, I just want to learn our situation and strategy in China.

PM Senjuro : As you wish His Majesty, in the three months that has passed since the beginning of hostilities, we annihilated approximately 320.000 enemy soldiers. We captured most of north-east China. However, the enemy is not willing to negotiate a truce. The enemy is showing stiff resistance everywhere and launched several counter-offensives. In spite of our great victories in Beijing and Qingdao, the enemy still has massive amount of manpower.

Emperor Hirohito : Minister Saotake, is it possible for us to negotiate a truce with the Chinese ?

Minister Saotake : His Majesty, at this point, the Chinese side doesn't want to make any truce meetings. Chiang Kai-Shek personally believes that he can defeat Japanese Army.

Emperor Hirohito : So, we have to change his mind ?

PM Senjuro : Exactly His Majesty.We can't make truce with Chiang and we can't just leave the territories we have taken. This would be the greatest dishonour to our brave soldiers who were martyred in the war. The only option left is to defeat the inferior Chinese on the battlefield and force them to peace.

Emperor Hirohito : Could we launch offensive to capture Nanking sector, General Higashikuni ?

General Higashikuni: His Majesty, I could launch the offensive now if you wish so but its success chance would be very little. For successful offensive, I need more divisions. We are outnumbered by 3 : 1 in almost all fronts. Superior quality of Japanese soldier is currently holding Chinese hordes but at these odds, it is not possible to capture Nanking area.

PM Senjuro : His Majesty, I completely agree with General Higashikuni . We can't capture the capital city without many additional divisions. We are currently forming 9 new infantry divisions. Those will be ready in December and we can send them to Chiese Mainland in January. So, after that date, we could launch general offensive to inflict the final blow on Chinese. For now, it would be better to make limited offensives and hold the territory we captured so far.

Emperor Hirohito : That sounds reasonable. If Chinese decided to annihilate themselves in this war, then we will do as they wish.

Nanjing Offensive

General Terauchi realizing that there are olny small Chinese garrison force in the capital city, launched offensive to capture the city of Nanjing. He didn't even inform General Higashikuni who is in Tokyo for Imperial Conference about the offensive. Airforce is also supporting the attack.

QELO9.jpg

PART XIV: NANJING MASSACRE

XLcKK.jpg

Execution of Chinese in Nanjing

September,1937

General Terauchi managed to overun Chinese defenses and entered Nanjing. Chinese soldiers, instead of evacuating the city, mixed with the civilian population to hide from Japanese Army. General Terauchi ordered the execution of all civilians that are suspected of being a soldier. Incidents , however, went beyond the execution of the civilian dressed soldiers. General Terauchi overlooked excessive behaviour of the soldiers so as to show the Chinese the futility of further resistance.

O15zh.jpg

October,1937

General Ando launched an attack to retake Suzhou. Fall of Nanjing increased the hopes of early victory over entire Nanjing sector.

lcTH4.jpg

Technological Researches

sNwOJ.jpg

Our forces in Nanjing attacked Huanian province to link up with the Northern front. Chinese are bringing reinforcements to the region.

tBTl9.jpg

Technological Researches

03jTX.jpg

Suzhou fell. We are trying to capture Huainan to split Chinese Army into two but they are bringing reinforcements to the region.

4GtUD.jpg

Huainan offensive was stopped by General Hata due to arrival of continuous enemy reinforcements. Shortly after, Chinese launched massive counter-attack to recapture Suzhou.

0kZUi.jpg

Suzhou was lost again. We are attacking Huainan once again. Chinese moved most of of their forces out of region.

RyP9S.jpg

We captured Huainan but Chinese are attacking to recapture it.

N7v8C.jpg

November,1937

Technological Researches

on8GD.jpg

General Ando launched offensive against Kaifeng. Chinese brought most of their reserves to Suzhou-Huainan region and General Higashikuni wants to divert Chinese to somewhere else.

a7w7i.jpg

Kaifeng was taken and Chinese immediately counterattacked. We launched attack against Huainan while Chinese are busy with Kaifeng.

5xRX3.jpg

This is a real slugfest. I like the way the Chinese AI is counterattacking, using their superior numbers (which is possibly the only advantage they have). However, the Chinese AI still does not realise the threat that encirclements pose. They keep too many divs in endangered regions. Also, they failed at Nanjing (I mean, 2 divs protecting the capital?!?!?!) and lost one of their most important provinces as a result.

If the Chinese were a bit more careful, you would have an even harder time!

I think the biggest problem you're facing in China is the lack of Japanese soldiers. About 30% more soldiers and you should be able to divert more men to attacking certain provinces. If you started the war with some more ground divisions you'd probably have pacified this area months ago.

PART XV: FALL OF HUAINAN

DWDzB.jpg

Japanese soldiers celebrating the victory at Huainan

November,1937

Chinese reinforced Huainan. Diversion plan failed. Offensive against Huainan was stopped.

emqm9.jpg

December,1937

We are attacking Huaiyin. General Higashikuni doesn't want to give Chinese time to rest.

VO3Tn.jpg

Chinese reinforcements arrived at Huaiyin.

zORS3.jpg

Huaiyin was captured yesterday. Chinese invaded Heze with single division. Our forces in Xuzhou drove them back and are currently marching towards the region.

6SXQw.jpg

Unit Deployment

9 fresh infantry divisions are ready in Nagasaki. These divisions are currently reorganizing and will be sent to China within a week.

OIjXq.jpg

Suzhou, a critical strategic region, is again battle field. Chinese hordes are attacking to retake the region once again.

qD5Js.jpg

January,1938

Battle of Suzhou continues with the arrival of our reinforcements. We are still heavily outnumbered by Chinese forces, but our brave soldiers are defending the honour of emperor to the death.

JUt8o.jpg

After the deployment of 9 infantry divisions, armaments program was reorganized. 5 new Kagero class destroyers, 3 infantry divisions and 3 mountain divisions were added to the top of armaments program.

VCLP6.jpg

We are evacuating Suzhou. 9 new divisions arrived at Nanjing and they are currently reorganizing.

IOg9Q.jpg

Technological Researches

iWVYX.jpg

February,1938

We captured Suzhou and launched offensive against Huainan. This is the largest attacking force we gathered so far.

Bn2sx.jpg

We launched bait offensive against Nantong to delay Chinese forces advancing towards Huainan.

VviqA.jpg

Huainan was finally captured. Hundreds of thousands of Chinese troops were trapped in Nantong and Yancheng. Chinese are attacking Anyang in the North.

Tp5Fp.jpg

We are retreating from Anyang. Our cavalry forces in Yangquan are also making strategic withdrawal to Shijazhuang.

jehd4.jpg

Chinese launched offensive against Suzhou to link up with their isolated troops. We are sending reinforcements to Suzhou. General Higashikuni ordered the defense of the region to the last man. There will be no retreat this time.

Chinese thrust in Anyang is threatening Changzhou and thus cutting the Northern and the Southern Front again.

X2Uyp.jpg

Last edited:
This is a real slugfest. I like the way the Chinese AI is counterattacking, using their superior numbers (which is possibly the only advantage they have). However, the Chinese AI still does not realise the threat that encirclements pose. They keep too many divs in endangered regions. Also, they failed at Nanjing (I mean, 2 divs protecting the capital?!?!?!) and lost one of their most important provinces as a result.

If the Chinese were a bit more careful, you would have an even harder time!

Yeah, AI is always making mistakes. It was surprise for me to see how they sent their troops out of the city.

I think the biggest problem you're facing in China is the lack of Japanese soldiers. About 30% more soldiers and you should be able to divert more men to attacking certain provinces. If you started the war with some more ground divisions you'd probably have pacified this area months ago.

I used my full capacity to produce infantry divisions before the war but I also have to produce navy because building a carrier or a battleship takes more than 3 years. I completed 9 new divisions and sent them to Nanjing, as you will see in the update, they became sufficient to turn the tide:)

Status
Not open for further replies.