• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the partisans manage to take enough of their former country then will the exiled government move back in?

Sort of, the Faction leader can reinstate the government in exile, if the faction holds enough land.

Even if they surrender as allies?

I would say so. Surrender is what the Germans demand, then the Belgians decide to be annexed (game over) and all territories go to Germany, or continue the war and keep control of all territories outside the home country (until occupied).

So USSR and China will not be able to control partisants behind enemy borders? Or will they - the territory is only controlled by enemy.

no only governments in exile get that ability. The USSR has enough units to worry about as it is in our opinion.

I would say so. Surrender is what the Germans demand, then the Belgians decide to be annexed (game over) and all territories go to Germany, or continue the war and keep control of all territories outside the home country (until occupied).

basically yes.

As a government in exile, do I use my own tech, or can I use the tech of the factionleader?
E.g. playing as Poland with my government in London - can I raise a Squadron of Spitfires or do I have to build PZL P.7a's.

As a government in exile, do I use my own tech, or can I use the tech of the factionleader?
E.g. playing as Poland with my government in London - can I raise a Squadron of Spitfires or do I have to build PZL P.7a's.

you have your own tech, but you can of course acquire spitefires from the UK.

They go to who ever annexed them.

Is there a difference between 'occupied' and 'owned' provinces regarding the resources/manpower you get?
(there shouldn't be IMO, unless you have cores on the provinces)

You could have the ownership change to the annexing country, but the control to partisans :)

This would mean that if you as Germany succesfully get English to it's knees (through invasion/strategic warfare) you wouldn't suddenly get control over india and all other overseas possessions and their resources and manpower...
You would still have to send troops over to take actual control :)
Another consequence would be that india (and other releasable countries) might declare it's dependance suddenly, with the UK out of the picture.

you have your own tech, but you can of course acquire spitefires from the UK.

Which reraises my question of where do you place newly built units? The faction leaders capital? (supposing no remaining territory but still exist as govt in exile)

no only governments in exile get that ability. The USSR has enough units to worry about as it is in our opinion.

But will existing governments get a bonus to funding partisans in national territory? Conceivably, the USSR has a much easier time fermenting dissent in occupied Belarus than it does in France.

What happens when I, as the USSR pushes back and runs into the partisan's territory, do I get control of that formation or do they just disappear?

Also, will we get a dev diary about how the Chinese situation is modeled?

Is there a difference between 'occupied' and 'owned' provinces regarding the resources/manpower you get?
(there shouldn't be IMO, unless you have cores on the provinces)

You could have the ownership change to the annexing country, but the control to partisans :)

This would mean that if you as Germany succesfully get English to it's knees (through invasion/strategic warfare) you wouldn't suddenly get control over india and all other overseas possessions and their resources and manpower...
You would still have to send troops over to take actual control :)
Another consequence would be that india (and other releasable countries) might declare it's dependance suddenly, with the UK out of the picture.

I think India and all other remaining British territory would stay in the control of the British govt in exile, unless Britain chooses to be annexed, then they lose all territory to Germany (highly unlikely choice).

Edit: This is likely to be controlled by event-based surrender than through the regular interface, I would say.

This will be loads of fun for MP games! You guys are doing a great job on this game, thankyou! Keep it up! I've played all titles all the way back from the original HoI (buggiest release I've seen yet lol) and PI has come a long way since then. Really can't wait to play HoI3!

:D

1. So If Germany release Poland as its 'slave' puppet the gov in exile stops existing? Strange...

They can only do that if Poland does not exist anymore..

Will the government in exile control all the partisans? For example in Yugoslavia there was a government in exile leaded by general Simovich, however the partisans had they own leader - communist I.B.Tito

Which reraises my question of where do you place newly built units? The faction leaders capital? (supposing no remaining territory but still exist as govt in exile)

in the faction leaders home area, which is your "capital" when you are gov in exile.

Michelle from the resistance should be ready... :D :rofl:

350michelle3.jpg

Hypothetical question:I capitulate and rise partisans in my occupied country.
Those partisans survive and in the meantime I ,with my allies ,liberate my country.
Now ,I whish to form new regular armed forces of my liberated country.
What happens to my partisans then?Reasonable will be to use partisans as a core of my future army, to upgrade some of those proud expirienced units to full army divisions.

Hypothetical question:I capitulate and rise partisans in my occupied country.
Those partisans survive and in the meantime I ,with my allies ,liberate my country.
Now ,I whish to form new regular armed forces of my liberated country.
What happens to my partisans then?Reasonable will be to use partisans as a core of my future army, to upgrade some of those proud expirienced units to full army divisions.

they turn into proper militia units.

in the faction leaders home area, which is your "capital" when you are gov in exile.

Thanks for the reply Johan. That certainly makes sense. Since you said "home area" I also assume you can build ships in Britain's ports (for example) and aircraft in Britain's airfields. So you can help occupy Sicily and Italy for instance, or help with strat or tac bombing of Germany

I'm going to have to try this option out. Gives me a reason to lose as Poland. :D