• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suaske666

Slobodna Dalmacija
92 Badges
Jun 13, 2010
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Showdown Effect
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
will there be a sequel? I'm sure you still can't give us a definite answer, but... still I'd like to know what are the chances of a HoI4? and i you think there will be one, how many years do we have to wait? I mean, don't get me wrong, HOI3 is great, but it's getting old. FTM failed to make it more interesting, and TBH if it wasn't on 90% discount when I bought it, I wouldn't have done so. I've played around 400 hours of HOI3, which is the most I've ever played any game, but now it's boring. The mods are dying out, no new features are in sight, so I guess my question is, is HOI gonna die, and if not when do I get to enjoy it to it's fullest again?

Wow, I thinks it way to early to speculate about this. HOI 3 still has sooo much possibilities and room for expansions.

Wow, I thinks it way to early to speculate about this. HOI 3 still has sooo much possibilities and room for expansions.

Maybe. I think the naval warfare is quite limited and a host of other items. HOI 3 rocks compared to any other WW2 sim, but to really polish the game you would need to start from scratch.

Maybe. I think the naval warfare is quite limited and a host of other items. HOI 3 rocks compared to any other WW2 sim, but to really polish the game you would need to start from scratch.

but that not going to happen any time soon. we know that paradox does not plan to replace the engine in the next years and other games would come first anyway. like EU4 and maybe even Rome 2.
i wouldn't be surprised when er see a expansion soon.

Did you try all of them? Just asking, because I personally liked Gary Grigsby's War in the East more.

I have WITE. At first I thought it was an outstanding game, but quickly became unimpressed. The supply model is an absolute joke. Stay on the rail line and you have infinite supply. Magical dissapearing divisions regardless of war status and inability to control TOE or production changes and the 7 day turns are extremely unrealistic......no thanks. I thought it was based on WITP but they are two separate games that cost a whole lot. I'd drop 80 dollars on a WITE if it was just like WITP. HOI is a far better game.

By far and large their main money maker is EUIII , and let's face it , that game has gotten old .. Their going to work on that WELL before hearts of Iron .. At any rate , i think there's still plenty that they can do when it comes to hearts of iron ... I know that semper Fi was suppose to fix the navy stuff , but it really didn't from what i read on these boards ....

So there can at least be another expansion coming that fixes air and navy ...

By far and large their main money maker is HOI3, and let's face it , that game has gotten old .. Their going to work on that WELL before hearts of Iron .. At any rate , i think there's still plenty that they can do when it comes to hearts of iron ... I know that semper Fi was suppose to fix the navy stuff , but it really didn't from what i read on these boards ....

So there can at least be another expansion coming that fixes air and navy ...
Fixed it for you.
Info is from Johan, some where in Paradox general forum.

No matter which is the money maker. Eu3 was released six years after Eu2, Eu2 in 2001 and Eu3 in 2007.
Just as hoi3 was released 4 years after hoi2. in 2009.
Looking at the last generation shift, it should soon be time for a new gen, perhaps sometime in 2013-2014.

Fixed it for you.
Info is from Johan, some where in Paradox general forum.

well, EUIII is still generating income after so many years. that hoi3 still generates much income only makes an expansion likely. it doesn't make much sense to develop an successor while the current version still makes enough money.

it doesn't make much sense to develop an successor while the current version still makes enough money.

I beg to differ, it doesn't meke sense to develop things for something that is not popular..

Of corurse, it data on payed hours per day were reliable you could allocate development efforts based on that - but I have seen few games outside facebook that uses that possibility)

will there be a sequel? I'm sure you still can't give us a definite answer, but... still I'd like to know what are the chances of a HoI4? and i you think there will be one, how many years do we have to wait? I mean, don't get me wrong, HOI3 is great, but it's getting old. FTM failed to make it more interesting, and TBH if it wasn't on 90% discount when I bought it, I wouldn't have done so. I've played around 400 hours of HOI3, which is the most I've ever played any game, but now it's boring. The mods are dying out, no new features are in sight, so I guess my question is, is HOI gonna die, and if not when do I get to enjoy it to it's fullest again?
There will be a sequel for sure, as HoI is the best selling game of them. Ok, at least was the best selling game. CK2 might have changed that. But I haven't seen actual numbers on that.

You could play with TFH now. It is just out and has many nice features above FTM.. ;)
Most Mods are in full steam to support the latest Expansion TFH, and also we have finally a first WW1 Mod rdy for HoI3 and also anothers in development.
Modding for HoI3 is growing constantly.

Next game based on HoI engine will be "East vs. West", a Cold War- game from 1946-1989.. You can find infos about it here already. It has its own Forum..

We should not forget that Paradox has grown above 70% percent in the last 2 years. So they have now 4x dev teams of the size wich did EU3/HoI3..
So they could make more games at once..
In my opinion we could maybe see another Expansion of HoI, but from my point it looks more that we'll see HoI4 in 2014. Next year will be for EvW.

More like 2015. But since there is EU 4 it´s certain there will be a HOI 4.

HOI 3 has exhausted it´s possibilities, and for those denying that just see how North Africa and the China situation still aren´t in decent shape. The logistics model needs an overhaul (again) and "province fat" cut so that AI performance is improved and garrisoning is easier. Unit balance is still off and the only thing the new armor/piercing model was useful for was making heavy armor - maybe even TOO useful considering all the silly ahistorical divisions there are. Heavy tanks with marines, just lol. Why not be able to paradrop them as well?

More like 2015. But since there is EU 4 it´s certain there will be a HOI 4.

HOI 3 has exhausted it´s possibilities, and for those denying that just see how North Africa and the China situation still aren´t in decent shape. The logistics model needs an overhaul (again) and "province fat" cut so that AI performance is improved and garrisoning is easier. Unit balance is still off and the only thing the new armor/piercing model was useful for was making heavy armor - maybe even TOO useful considering all the silly ahistorical divisions there are. Heavy tanks with marines, just lol. Why not be able to paradrop them as well?
For me the whole ap logic is a bit too abstracted. Adding a few tanks to your marines and they'll be nearly invulnerable?

I don't know if 6 months counts as thread necro, but a new expansion has come out since the original poster complained that " FTM failed to make it more interesting."

To me, TFH is more or less the sequel to HoI3. It's a new game now, and it's also one of the best Paradox games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.