• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Finnish

A man of science and culture.
74 Badges
Sep 4, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
hitlerknight2.jpg

The Nazi Time Machine
- A Strange Story of the First Reich -

In 1945, the Nazis unleashed their most powerful weapon... one that could bend time itself. With the intent of repeating World War Two so that this time they would prevail, leading Nazis sent themselves to the past. But something went wrong. Badly wrong...

Table of Contents

Chapter I - The Beginning
[URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?653507-The-Nazi-Time-Machine-A-Strange-Story-of-the-First-Reich&p=14768972&viewfull=1#post14768972"]Chapter II - The Beginning, the Sequel

Chapter III - We've Been Through This Before[/URL]
Chapter IV - First Blood
Chapter V - The Pomeranian War

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well, I didn't expect this when I refreshed the page :)

That said, it looks to be very enjoyable - I shall be following.

Last edited:
This will be a mixture of narrative and gameplay AAR. I will post the first chapter soon. The first two chapters will be narrative, and from the third onward proper gameplay shall take place.

- CK2 vanilla with minor personal modifications (namely to add the protagonists of this AAR)
- No cheating, duh. Perhaps save scumming if it is necessary for storytelling, but I will avoid it to the best I can.
- Goal? Well, you will see in a few updates :)

Thank you for taking interest :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Subscribed!

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R77767%2C_Berlin%2C_Rotarmisten_Unter_den_Linden.jpg

Chapter I - The Beginning

April 30th 1945
Berlin

It is the final hours of the Third Reich. The once mighty German war machine has been crippled to the point where even its commander, Adolf Hitler, has admitted that defeat is imminent. Many in his inner circle have been removed whether by the bullets of their own or their enemies. Some have defected, others are struggling to find a way to escape Russian onslaught. The mood is bleak and few speak; those that do can merely whisper. Despite the deafening noise of battle outside, the Führerbunker is quiet as a graveyard.

Adolf Hiter, now but a shadow of his former self, is preparing to end his own life with his newly wed wife Eva. His faithful dog, Blondie, has already been sacrificed for the greater good. The one last thing the dictator has left of his empire is a pistol loaded with one bullet. The Goebbels family is likewise preparing for their end. After bidding farewell to his followers Hitler enters his office for the last time. Günsche, his adjutant, is guarding the door.

Suddenly, with great noise and ado a German soldier, whom Günsche recognises as the man guarding the bunker door, rushes down to him.

'Sir, I have urgent news to the Führer!'

Günsche is annoyed greatly. Goebbels comes to see what the noise is about.

'Be gone! The Führer must not be disturbed at the moment!' Günsche says angrily.
'No news are worth interrupting him now.'

The soldier doesn't move. He insists that whatever Hitler is doing, he must be called outside. Suddenly, more people emerge from behind him. A man in suit is being carried by two more soldiers, and a third one is carrying a wheelchair. Once they are down the stairs they put the man in the chair. He is a strange looking man, and Günsche couldn't recognize him although he was sure he had seen him before. The man in the wheelchair had large sunglasses covering his eyes and very elaborate blonde hair.

'What is this!? Explain yourself!' Joseph Goebbels asks.

After a brief silence the man in suit begins to speak.
'I would like to inform the Führer that we have completed Project Neubauführingenschtenz. I must speak to the Führer at once. Tell him that Doctor Merkwürdigliebe is here.'

After short pondering, and remembering that Hitler is doing, Goebbels knocks on the door and explains to Hitler what he just heard.

After a minute the Führer finally emerges from his room, alive. He walks up to the doctor.
'Is it ready? Is it here?'

'Yes it is, mein Führer. The machine is being brought down as we speak, and I assure you it is completely operational!'

Indeed, two soldiers came down carrying a large device which looked like a phone booth. Hitler went to it and opened its door. Goebbels followed him and asked to know what the device is.

'Doctor Goebbels', the scientist answered, 'what you are looking at is a time machine. Developed with the greatest minds of our country and ready to be used as we speak.'

Albert Speer also appeared in the room. He was very skeptical but Hitler's approval told him that this machine was legit.
'This is magnificent! How does it work?'

'There is no time to explain, unfortunately. But I can explain where it can take us.'
The scientist rolled to the machine and cleared his throat.
'Everyone in this room agrees that the war... could have gone better. This machine is the solution. It has the capability to transport a small group of people to the year 1940, when our Reich was still at its zenith. Our mission would be to reach our then-selves, explain the situation and direct them accordingly. Therefore we would essentially be able to fight the war a second time, this time with proper knowledge of what we need to do to win.'

Goebbels was utterly fascinated by the machine. 'What do you mean "small group"? Who of us shall go?'
Hitler had been quiet all this time, but now spoke. 'I, Goebbels, Speer and Merkwürdidliebe'. If there is room, Eva and Magda shall come as well.

At once the two were recalled to the room, and soon they were inside the time machine. It was uncomfortably small, but amazingly they all managed to fit in. Merkwürdigliebe produced a small keyboard which he connected to the machine.

'Prepare yourselves,' he said, 'to replay history!'
He pushed a large red button located on the middle of the keyboard.

1272space_warp.jpg

The only screen of the machine began showing all kinds of strange numbers. The passengers felt as if they were in a roller coaster and Eva even fainted. Eventually, some numbers appeared on the screen.

The machine paused. Merkwürdidliebe tried to restrain his worry but failed.
'There is something wrong. October 16th, but what year? Do not fail me machine!'

'Good, good, just nine, four, oh and we are done... Come on...'

The machine let out a very strong clanking noise and finally produced the year to the screen.

'Uh oh...'

- Goal? Well, you will see in a few updates :)

Thank you for taking interest :)
Well, there already aren't any Jews in CK2, so that can't be it...
O.K., cheap shot at Paradox, but you set it up so well!

Subscribed.

So Hitler, besides landing in the XI century, algo got young again ( Hitler was not exactly 30 in 1945 :p ). Atleast they got into Berlin vicinity and not somewhere in the middle of fatimid Egypt :D

So Hitler, besides landing in the XI century, algo got young again ( Hitler was not exactly 30 in 1945 :p ). Atleast they got into Berlin vicinity and not somewhere in the middle of fatimid Egypt :D
That will be explained in the next update, which I probably will post tomorrow.
Everything will be explained. How good those explanations are, well, that's up to you then :D

Impressive ! I could not imagine that a 2ndd world war lover like you would come and join us with such a story ,If it reaches the story telling height i dream....

I...I... I don't have the words. @.@

I'll be... Watching, but... Wow. Just wow.

Hah!!! I love it! Very intriguing...but I wonder what dear ole Adolf and I'm guessing his progeny will do...speaking of which too bad you couldn't create a courtier or wife named Eva Braun or however it is spelled ;)

Definitely going to sub to this though looks good.

Hitler's moustache looks incredibly silly in CK2 graphics, and I can't stop laughing when looking at it. This certainly promises to be a Hitlarious AAR!

... I'm sorry, I'll see myself off now.

Could you please remove Voltaire's quote from your signature.

Please apply water to the burn. You've just proton torpedoed this poor lad's Death Star, if I may say so.

As of the AAR - for <insert whatever seems appropriate>'s sake, how playing Adolf Hitler in CK2 differs from writing a HoI2 III Reich AAR? PI forums rules are explicit - no swastikas, camps, gas, terror bombing and such. I can hardly see anything like this coming in this AAR. Keep calm and carry on, Lord Finnish!

As far as right now, Lord Finnish has done nothing against the rules of this forum. There are quite a few AARs (notably in HOI, obviously) with Hitler as not just the leader of a country being played but as an actual main character. As long as Lord Finnish follows the rules when it comes to Hitler/Germany (i.e. no mention of the holocaust/Jews/gas chambers/camps, no images of the swastika, etc.) then he will have no problems from the moderators.

Any reader who is naturally offended based off a person who happens to be the main character in his story does not need to read his AAR. Even if you disagree with his story/choice of character, have some respect for the writer.

As always, remember that going off-topic is strictly prohibited, especially when it is completely hijacking a writer's entire thread such as this. It is unacceptable and we will not allow it.

Thank you Eber for hopefully putting this to rest.

Now to await Lord Finnish's next update on the saga of the time traveling Fuehrer.

Heh, this looks strangely hilarious. I feel compelled to follow this...

Also, for some reason, when I saw the title of this AAR I shouted out "ITS LIKE A HOT TUB TIME MACHINE EXCEPT WITH HITLER!" I was promptly stared at by my cat.