• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're again posting in midnight :(

Given that it certainly takes a while to write the long replies to our posts (and the AAR:s themselves), would you rather the AAR posts be postponed into the late morning, or next days afternoon?

I say thee nay, and see it as a nice breakfast tidbit, or a happy surprise. (Or did you just want to post "first"? :p)

America for (native) Americans!

Sounds extreme but, well, that's what we're doing. :D

Ha! Great update, and an exciting conclusion. How is your army tech compared to Spain? Do they have Military Drill or something similar?

Cheers! I lead them in land tech by a few levels, I'm not sure about Ideas but I don't think they have an advantage in those. I can think of four reasons for these losses:

1) Obviously, on some occasions the Spanish had more troops because they had more than I was willing to bring to one province. I'd rather lose a battle when I'm sure I can win on the second or third try rather than take a huge WE hit.
2) Just as obviously, my brain fart led to no general for that one battle.
3) I have no artillery in this region. Because of all the TI pushing, I've sacrificed staying power for mobility. It would make sense to have one army with artillery that stays home, but I haven't gotten around to that yet as I can still grind it out without one.
4) I have New World cavalry. While they're killing machines - especially when I first got them because their shock and fire pips were unreal at that point in time, but even now they're considerably better than what Western cavalry has - they have quite low morale for the second half of the 17th century. The first Western cavalry type that reaches my dragoons' killing potential is the Carabinier at land tech 55, so I expect to have this "problem" for nearly a century still. Of course, if it turns out that I can't win battles at all at some point, I'll have to make an earlier change.

Spain weakened by its loss of CoTs. All those body bags sent home. DOWing Portugal before peacing out with Spain means no Spainish involvement push on and take more territory this time offthe Portuguese. I'm sure you're already heating the coals to give the English and Mallorcans a warm welcome when they arrive.

Indeed. :D Honestly, I don't expect too much action from anyone but the Portuguese.

Spain's navy was reduced significantly and their under strength regiments were destroyed, so this might enable Spain to bounce back (as they have an easier time supporting their military and might get a manpower pool again). But it'll certainly be harder to do without Barcelona. ;)

C'mon, Spain! Help your ally, the Portuguese! Mwahahahaha! :D

Hehe. :D

Do you have any plans in the Carribean?

Yes I do. However, as I've used the Colonialism CB so far, those are full price. I will make Imperialism DoWs at some point and grab some islands.

Mallorca in this AAR makes me lol

Hehe, they're an opportunistic bunch, aren't they? ;)

Let's go for Tejas!

That's the plan (or part of it).

You're again posting in midnight :(

I watched an NHL game and posted straight after. ;)

EDIT:
Given that it certainly takes a while to write the long replies to our posts (and the AAR:s themselves), would you rather the AAR posts be postponed into the late morning, or next days afternoon?

I say thee nay, and see it as a nice breakfast tidbit, or a happy surprise. (Or did you just want to post "first"? :p)

You emu'd my feedback post, kind of! :D

There's a lot of truth here, especially now that my life is quite hectic (don't expect too many weekday updates in the short term...). It's often a choice between posting an update at midnight and then going to sleep or going to sleep at 11 pm and not updating until a few days later.

BAH ! I just want that he sleeps enought :(

What?! Never! Malurous should be playing and writing 24/7 to bring us more excellent updates!

An excellent update this one certainly is. Spain are a mere shadow of their former selves and I think it fare to say you are now the power in the Americas, cracking stuff.

Myeah. There should be a choice to -not- allow the garrison to march out. :D

Congrats! That is well deserved, imho.

(and on a completely unrelated note, I won this game! Cheers for me too! :) )

hey, you have to spam WW everywhere? Not that I would mind some publicity for it...btw, I have received CK:DV for free. How about you?

I'm just happy about the way this game ended. Thought I'd spread the joy.
As for CK .. yeah, I got it. Still have to set it up but it's nice.

But like I said - drifting completely off topic here. Unless you can play the Inca's in CK, at least, and are suggesting we prod Malurous to recreate his empire in CK :p

BAH ! I just want that he sleeps enought :(

No worries, I sleep more in the weekend if I have to! :D

What?! Never! Malurous should be playing and writing 24/7 to bring us more excellent updates!

An excellent update this one certainly is. Spain are a mere shadow of their former selves and I think it fare to say you are now the power in the Americas, cracking stuff.

Thanks! Apart from the very north Spain shouldn't be able to expand, so it's just a matter of slowly eating their remaining land.

Let's just say that updates written while dead tired tend to be of subpar quality. :rofl:

I love that after you assault a province "the garrison was allowed to march out, keeping its flags and arms". Zombie Spaniards!

Go ahead corpses, march out if you can. Mwahahaha!

Myeah. There should be a choice to -not- allow the garrison to march out. :D

We let them keep their arms, but as you might notice it says nothing about legs. So it isn't much use to them when we "allow" them to march out, because they aren't able to.

One continent purged, onwards to next! +1

Sounds like a plan!

You're on the roll! Are you going to be equally cruel to Mallorca as to Spain and Portugal? :)
And Aragon is your ally now. Planning to protect it?

Depends on what Mallorca does. If they sit back and do nothing, I don't have a problem with them. On the other hand, if they try to attack me, they are doomed.

Hmm, I haven't made a decision on Aragon yet.

Well done, now to hit the Iberians again

Will do.

Is there any way to tell your population ingame? Because it would be awesome to know.

Not that I know of. Besides, I believe that population isn't even shown, only urban population.

Congrats, Malurous! You are the WritAAR of the Week!

Thanks a lot! I won't do another "acceptance speech" here as I did it in that thread, so I'll just note that I'm going to need an Inkwell soon - my signature's getting a bit crowded! :rofl:

Gratz to the Sun God of the Inca!

Praise Inti!

Congrats!

Cheers!

Congrats! That is well deserved, imho.

(and on a completely unrelated note, I won this game! Cheers for me too! :) )

Thank you! Okay, congrats for that one. ;) I don't really know Werewolf...

hey, you have to spam WW everywhere? Not that I would mind some publicity for it...btw, I have received CK:DV for free. How about you?

True, that might be a bit questionable if it's indeed widespread. I don't have much of a problem with it myself.

While I already had both CK and DV, I'm glad to have CK in GamersGate now. No need to lug the disc around if I don't want to. ;)

But like I said - drifting completely off topic here. Unless you can play the Inca's in CK, at least, and are suggesting we prod Malurous to recreate his empire in CK :p

Heh, having no America in the game kind of prevents this! :D

It must be hard to cope withthose new world dragoons and the military advantage they give you. You bear up under the strain rather well, though. Spain you have more of less boxed in, Portugal is still spreading like some contagion.