• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Eliminating the large overseas Spanish stacks would help them rebuild and stop the Grandian attacks. Once you sink their transports, they can't bring them back, naturally. Removing the Spanish from south america is just what the doctor ordered.

Switzerland stop their all-conquering rampage?! Never!

A rather amaizeing update (yup, I'm using that 'joke' again). Good to see you are still putting the boot into Spain, they shall fall soon!

I still love that joke! :D Spain is making South America uglier so that has to be rectified.

Hopefully the Swiss will go back to their old ways that we all know and love. :p

Ugly purple...hmm, possibly.
Oh and my congratulatons to Malurous too on winning the award, hugely deserved.

Thanks, much appreciated! Though I disapprove of you leaving the possibility of "ugly purple" open. :D

Time to hurt the Spaniards again. And again.

You're starting to know the drill, aren't you? ;)

Are you gonna turn to Absolute monarchy anytime ?

Look closer: it happened in Chapter Fifty-four. :)

Eliminating the large overseas Spanish stacks would help them rebuild and stop the Grandian attacks. Once you sink their transports, they can't bring them back, naturally. Removing the Spanish from south america is just what the doctor ordered.

Yeah that's the plan, on both counts.

Okay, that Grand Marshal advisory is really powerful. 2% discipline and 3% prestige per level? :eek:

Sure, that's sick. I've mentioned that it's unbalanced a few times earlier in the AAR.

You should invade Sweden and release Finland just beacause the gold medal ^^

Hehe, now generally I don't attack people for no logical in-game reason, but that might be necessary. :rofl: Then again, if I did it where I'm playing it wouldn't happen in the AAR until much later, so it doesn't really make sense...

It's less in the current version (for HttT too), and gives 2% discipline, .3% prestige, and 1% legitimacy per level.

Good to hear. Maybe my constant whining about it here caught someone's attention? :D Really, I've hated the fact that I "had" to take such ridiculous prestige bonuses if I wanted a way to help my legitimacy. Not that it matters anymore since I stay at 100% even without a Grand Marshal these days.

Nice to see that you're reading by the way. :)

CG on the golden medal:). Nothing against Sweden but...I hoped Finland would win:).

Cheers. :) I have to say that I'm damn happy. And proud that I've "liked" Mikael Granlund in Facebook since before he debuted in the Finnish league, making me one of the first <50 fans of those over 100k that he has now. :rofl:

Also, I'm so worn out (going through the partying after watching the semifinal and final while I've been both working AND attending a supplementary class has been pretty rough :D) that I'm just glad it's over. ;)

Whoa, you're using some serious numbers for that. :eek:

Looks like you're one war away from kicking the Spaniards out from the "South Incalandia", can't wait...

And about your rulers, atleast you have one. In my current game as France (yes, too easy, but started it just to relax) I now have consolidated the French lands + some neighbouring provinces, own half of England, western coast of Iberia from Galicia to Andalucia (Portugal is no more), Northern half of Italy, half of the Balkans, all of Anatolia (Ottomans is an OPM), and 4 provinces of the Middle East, including Judea, have vassalized Scotland, Brittany, Pope + some, military 200k+, navy 100+, and ended up being lesser partner in PU under OPM Urbino, :p

Oh, almost forgot, there are other odd things going on too in my game. For example there is a catholic Granada that declared independence from crumbling Castille. It fell apart after i destroyed it completely in a short war...

Last edited:
IF you have "liked" Granlund in Facebook, have you liked Immonen hes a cool guy too :( ?

Nope. I "like" six hockey players but only two (Granlund and Ville Leino) are Finns. Immonen did have one heck of a tournament.

Just caught up, I can't wait to watch you curb stomp Spain

Hmm, taking 12 days between updates at least has the positive of letting people catch up. :D Seeing what you're looking for, I think you'll be happy with this chapter.

Looks like you're one war away from kicking the Spaniards out from the "South Incalandia", can't wait...

Me neither. ;) It's an important goal.

Regarding your game, I guess you're playing IN or older? Because in HTTT or DW getting out of the PU shouldn't exactly be hard to do in your situation. :D Oh and I can't really complain about my rulers - I got a Sapa Inca that was suitable for westernization and military modernization exactly when I needed one, and that's a much more important thing than any overextension issues now.

Chapter Fifty-seven
1662-1663

Tupiniki grows into a city in March while Seibal converts.

In the first action of the war, we sink two Spanish transports and capture a third one off the North American coast. The first land battle in April doesn't go that well.

60_01.jpg

Just didn't have enough men in that province to get it done as the Spanish kept reinforcing. I'm happy I caused that much damage however, and this time I have enough troops in the region that a loss like this doesn't cause a major problem.

The South American campaign, however, goes well as we eliminate one and two regiment armies and start sieges.

A Spanish attack is stopped in Anishnaabe in late May.

60_02.jpg

But unfortunately, the chase fails badly.

60_03.jpg

At least we caused more casualties and, upon noticing that we aren't going to win this battle, I retreat in a direction where we can eliminate a small army upon arrival.

We also have a bit of a naval operation going on. An assault force is landed in Igneri (Puerto Rico).

60_04.jpg

The assault succeeds in August and a quite significant fleet is forced to leave the harbor.

60_05.jpg

Most of Spain's North American troops that I can see are rotting in Niuachi. I decide to harass the attrition damaged stack a bit, sending an army to fight it for a few weeks before retreating. Heavy casualties are caused.

60_06.jpg

Nevertheless, the province falls in September. Fortunately, the Spanish army moves deeper into my lands which should make it vulnerable. Just in case my existing armies fail at keeping it in check, some of my Mesoamerican rebel bashers start the journey north. I don't expect to need them but I'll be on the safe side this time.

I find out that Spain isn't exactly wanting this war. Warscore is only 4 and I've occupied one province, but they're already willing to give said province for peace. This is probably because their WE has increased from 5 to 11 during the war, while I have around one.

Puelch starts producing fish, while we sink a small enemy navy next to Puerto Rico. Land tech 37 is reached in November, tying us with TPM Venice for the world lead. It's the same situation - tied with Venice - in Naval.

Paragua is the first target province to fall, while the main Spanish army takes horrible casualties as it advances in our lands.

60_07.jpg

In our next daring naval operation, we land an assault force on the North American coast.

60_08.jpg

On the way there, we destroyed a Spanish transport, but the bigger prey is sitting in Enok's harbor.

Waraoni is the next siege to finish in December, while we're defeated in an even battle in Anishnaabe. Both sides had moderate size armies there but neither suffered notable losses.

We're happy to hear that Granada and Mallorca declare war on Spain late in the year.

Government tech level 37 is reached in January 1663, while a successful assault on Enok drives the Spanish fleet out.

60_09.jpg

I scramble to move our men out before Spanish troops from the north can intercept the assault weakened forces and succeed. After this successful operation, Spain is down to 50 ships, none of which are stationed in areas that are significant for this war.

Later in the month, we attack the enemy force in Chippewaa again, and this time it's weak enough to beat and actually eliminate.

60_10.jpg

That's 77 regiments gone. The next month, we dislodge the Spanish from Anishnaabe, but that battle isn't as decisive.

We beat the Spanish force in Niuachi and promptly assault the province. All of the Inca lands are now under our control again.

Production tech level 28 is reached in March. This tech is easy enough to advance as we still get full neighbor bonus. I also start another bunch of province improvements, and Xobleng grows into a city.

The sieges of Guanipa and Yabaraya are won during the month. South America is close to being finished. An assault of Bodewadmi succeeds on the last day - that's fortunate as morale gets to replenish and I can use the army again immediately.

I also assault Misi-ziibi in April. It's a risk as it's next to TI, but my army in the province is too large to sit in uncontrolled enemy territory.

A 29 regiment Spanish army survives a close call in Hadai, just south across the border from Anishnaabe.

60_11.jpg

We send a part of our army to chase, naturally.

Xobleng starts producing maize in May, while we win an assault in Tula. The 29 regiment army still survives, but we follow to the TI.

60_12.jpg

After some exploration, we eliminate three enemy regiments in Kenhta ke and assault the province in June. Meanwhile, Aweikoma grows into a city.

In July, sieges finish in Hadai and Kamemtxa, while Koasati is successfully assaulted. I am, however, careless and forget to keep an eye on one of our northern armies - a leaderless army stumbles upon a small Spanish force and is driven out of Niuachi. This doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things however.

60_13.jpg

Spain signs peace with Mallorca in August, ceding Gasconha and Labourd. Mallorca now goes from coast to coast.

60_14.jpg

We win the siege of Yaruro, finishing South America. In the north, we explore a few more provinces and assault Illiniwek. With its fall, we control all the provinces we want in a peace deal.

However, we still have some scores to settle. Our army returns to Niuachi to throw the Spanish out, while the largest enemy army is still being followed. Over the next months we explore more provinces and eliminate a few small armies. Then finally in late October, the 29 Spanish regiments are wiped out.

60_15.jpg

We have a few different armies arriving in TI provinces soon, so we let them do so before making peace.

Xobleng upgrades to producing sugar in December, and straight after we're finally done with Spain as we've pushed as far into TI as we're going to now. Peace is signed on the 7th.

60_16.jpg

With this peace deal, there are no more rivals in South America.

60_17.jpg

Also, our North American holdings are expanded significantly.

60_18.jpg

The released Aragon is just an OPM in Barcelona, but with that province independent and Granada owning Granada, Spain has now lost both of its CoTs.

60_19.jpg

Oh and by the way, there was one thing of note that I did the day before the Spanish peace...

60_20.jpg

Spain weakened by its loss of CoTs. All those body bags sent home. DOWing Portugal before peacing out with Spain means no Spainish involvement push on and take more territory this time offthe Portuguese. I'm sure you're already heating the coals to give the English and Mallorcans a warm welcome when they arrive.

Mallorca in this AAR makes me lol