• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ShoGuL

Field Marshal
101 Badges
Dec 2, 2005
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
Every game needs a thread like this!..

I'll start off with: How does the 'Unity spell' victory condition work? I just played a game where I ran out of spells to research, but no 'Unity' spell came up.. what gives?

What does "passability" refer to? Example: Beast - Passability: Dense
It means the unit suffers no movement penalty (at forests in the dense case)

Dunno about the unity spell, maybe it was removed and is to be added with a patch when they solve issues with it? Just an educated guess.

----

Question: How do I demolish buildings already finished, clicking on them seems to only deactivate them for one turn
Some answers here:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?606949-Demolishing-buildings

Last edited:
Every game needs a thread like this!..

I'll start off with: How does the 'Unity spell' victory condition work? I just played a game where I ran out of spells to research, but no 'Unity' spell came up.. what gives?

It's not in there, yet. It's one of the multiple ways to win option. Expected to be added as a patch, with multiplayer. No stated date for arrival at this point.

It's total. I am not 100% sure, but I think a unit does full damage even with 1 hitpoint left..

I am not 100% sure, but I think a unit does full damage even with 1 hitpoint left..
I don't think this is true. While the damage reported in the unit view doesn't change, the "projected" damage when you mouse over an enemy does. There have been numerous times where the projected damage goes up if I heal the unit. I've also seen projected enemy damage to me decrease if I pummel them with ranged attacks first.

I don't think it increases per figure, seems more like it's based on relative health. Not sure though.

I take that back. There are some tiles you cannot build upon, but other than that... not .... yet

No, they do not (not for free anyway). But if you have a bonus giving building in any city then you can buy the bonus for units built outside the city (the Smithy bonus for example costs 30 gold per unit).

How do I tell what population I need for a new building to be built? I keep getting not enough population to build this messages.

Also, is there a way to see what the effects of a hex are before moving into it (i.e. forests give what protection, hills, etc.)?