• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Suggested events:

Sale of DC-3 license to Japan and the USSR (Blueprints for Basic/Improved transport aircraft? Free unit?)

USN torpedo problems Dec 1941- Sept 1943 (Greatly reduced submarine attack/convoy raiding ability)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_14_torpedo

Licensing of the PBY Catalina to the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, France and USSR.

German sales of equipment to Finland during the Continuation War

Last edited:
Been playing as Argentina and found out that I've been getting non stop CTDs.

Just went through a game as Germany and the Soviet Union without a crash, while Argentina has been a nightmare. Took a peep into the history file and what did I discover? It was the Festive (i.e. annual celebration) events that were causing all the headaches. Deleted the event file and haven't had a crash since.

You think it could be due to a file corruption or a virus?

I've been picking up frequent CTDs now, what file is this in?

I've been picking up frequent CTDs now, what file is this in?

festivos.txt can you find here hoi2maindir\db\events_34\Eventos_mod34\
however I never had an CTD caused by annual celebration event(s).
(but IIRC haven't played ARG yet)

nevertheless you could try to comment the whole vent for your country out,
hope it solves the CTD for you.

festivos.txt can you find here hoi2maindir\db\events_34\Eventos_mod34\
however I never had an CTD caused by annual celebration event(s).
(but IIRC haven't played ARG yet)

nevertheless you could try to comment the whole vent for your country out,
hope it solves the CTD for you.
At this point I would just like to play, so it is worth a shot. Checking history and autosave frequency to see if I can fix this.

To answer my previous question, How to Make Things Harder:
1. Give resources to enemies prior to hostilities
2. Give Germany free submarines
3. Give Japan tanks
4. No super stacks
5. Free manpower for Japan and Germany, they seem exhausted by 1942 in my current game.

Is there an an easy to trigger event to end the central/south american war?

Last edited:
I tried the mod33 beta out of curiosity, playing as Germans as I'm most comfortable as them, and the Soviets declared war on me and quickly flooded me. :eek:

It was simply stunning how much men they had in the field. I had an alliance with all the Balkans, Iberia, and Japan, and eliminated all Allies except the African colonies, Indians, Aussies, and Americans. Their landing attempts were pathetic, held back by maybe 36 units total, out of over 200.

Almost all my attention was on beating the bear, ready for Barbarossa.... And they declared war on me, just a few months early, and taking away my deserved bonus. :mad: I think Germany deserves a hefty bonus if they're actually not the aggressors. Maybe not initially, but at some point.

I managed a few good encirclements, taking out maybe 30-40 units, but eventually they started to pile on sheer mass. The only major city I managed to take was Leningrad, largely due to bad AI defense (they had no reason to pull back from it). Besides that, I was only able to hold at the river. They eventually broke through the southern side, puppeted my pathetic Balkan allies, and surged through Bohemia. :eek:o

That extra 18 months or so helps the USSR a hell of a lot more than it helps, well, anyone else. Losing on normal difficulty is hard to take. :( I'll have to try again, with air power abuse, because it doesn't look like a 6 month blitz is viable with 33 beta. If I do somehow beat them next attempt, I'll probably be too late to stop the US from nuking me, but that's the next step. :p

Sounds too me like it played out pretty close to how a match up would have gone. It is on paper at least somewhat of a medium miracle that the Germans did as well as they did historically; and the factors that contribute to that kind of thing are fairly tough to code. Russia is a veritable ocean of manpower! I have seen casualty estimates of roughly 50 million Russians dying in the war both civilian and military and they still had over 200 divisions at the end of the war primed to roll on to Paris if called for.

The only thing that I can figure too skew that is to make the SOV starting force a very few GOOD units; mainly Zhukov' Siberians in the East that need to be locked in place until an event and then SRD'd West, with a few good modern units in the West but the bulk of the Red Army starting out as militia and garrison units. Of course the AI will have to be tweaked so that it keeps building junk in greater proportion then it does good, but maybe that can be worked around by saddling Russia with a build list of IC intensive stuff.. like the Sovietski Soyuz class BB's and the BC's that were being built more in parallel then in series.

Which reminds me.. the SovSoyuz's need to be super heavy BB's and not improved conventional ones... they weighed as much as the Yamato' if not a wee bit more.

Russia is a veritable ocean of manpower! I have seen casualty estimates of roughly 50 million Russians dying in the war both civilian and military and they still had over 200 divisions at the end of the war primed to roll on to Paris if called for..

25 million. 50 million is nearly as many people as died in the whole war!

I've seen higher estimates.. though those probably included Ukrainian death famine victims as well to pad it. Still the over all point of being able to sustain that massive a loss of population and still keep rolling out division after division remains.

Russia lost a much larger percentage of its population to war than any other power. It simply came down to having a greater will to win than Germany.

So, I´ve been playing this mod and it is great fun !

But I have some problem with the "choose-a-time-when-to-attack" message box.
Mainly it is that I can not choose earlier times.
So it is e.g. October 15th 0:00 o´clock.
I choose one army to attack at October 17th 6:00 o´clock.
But then Every other army I have on the whole world can not attack in time between 15th and 17th because in the message box I can not go back in time.
Also had some ctd but that´s not much of a problem for me.

Might be that I installed in wrong order or choose wrong version of mod34 during installation.

I installed in the following order:
- Doomsday
- Armageddon
- Armageddon Patch 1.2
- Mod34 (chose "Doomsday version")

is that correct ? do I have to throw the Doomsday Patch 1.3 in there somewhere ?

edit: my games is all from gamersgate, don´t know if that is prepatched or something

What's the changelog?

Also, it only displays as 1.00 in the title, that wasn't updated. :wacko:

EDIT: Wow, what happened to strategic redeployment? This makes naval and mobile forces a lot more important than just mass infantry spamming now.

Last edited:
I believe it will work once you research the appropriate techs. Not sure though, since I have yet to finish installing the newest version yet.

Basic logistics will allow it.

Also, after the fall of Germany, are there any events that take place in the expanded timeframe? Cold War stuff? Korea, China, etc?

Last edited:
I must inquire into the tech tree. I seriously have problems with the Industrial part of the tech tree.

War Industry allows the construction of basically every provincial improvement related to war (Forts, AA, etc.) but reduces Manpower Growth by 33%. That's a crippling number, and it takes a while to research the other Manpower related techs.

Also, Wartime Industry tech states that Coastal and Land Fort Efficiency turns to 0%. What does that mean? Does that mean all forts are rendered useless?

I must inquire into the tech tree. I seriously have problems with the Industrial part of the tech tree.

War Industry allows the construction of basically every provincial improvement related to war (Forts, AA, etc.) but reduces Manpower Growth by 33%. That's a crippling number, and it takes a while to research the other Manpower related techs.

Also, Wartime Industry tech states that Coastal and Land Fort Efficiency turns to 0%. What does that mean? Does that mean all forts are rendered useless?

I BELIEVE that means that fort efficiency goes up by 20-50%, the game is reporting a gain of 0.xx and slapping the percentage on without multiplying by 100. But yes, everyone takes Peacetime Industry for a reason. The research bonus is worth it, even for countries that will be immediately going to war.