• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well... in theory you can do the following

go to the mods folder for DH full, go to DB and to building something txt file. open that file and find the nuclear reactor. you could simply ramp up the buildtime of that to 5000 so that noone can build it.

or better yet make an event that enables the nuke command and make the AI Chance = 0 and hey presto! no more nuking. You should remove the command nuke from the tech file else it won't work.

my way is easier XD!

What I do to turn off nukes if I want to, is edit the save game to have the USA's max reactor = 0. No reactors, no nukes. This way it only affects that specific save game.

then reduce the IC cost to 1 then. besides, you use the one example where horrendous amounts of IC for no gain is what the US does best.

to be honest, i think nukes should be an event or a decision until/unless the devs can make it so that nuke equipped countries don't just use them like crazy. i mean, am i the only one who doesn't like to see the us nuking places in iran? africa? paris(when german controlled), or just random tiny cities?? should be some sort of event IMO.

Modern Day Scenario used Nuclear Option events for nuclear powers that were losing a war. If, say, USA had occupied a certain portion (I think 80%) of China, the latter would get event to use nukes. If I recall correctly enabling nukes also enabled them for everyone else.

What i always do, is deleting the nuke techs in the technology folder ;) that is easy, and then you are sure that the ai don't waste ic on reactors.

edit: It is not at all game breaking.

Why remove nukes? They are the most fun part of the game. Boom, BOOM!

They always scare the hell out of me! I'll be playing my game, minding my own business...and then KAPLOW!!!!! Oh, there goes Madagascar for some reason.