Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Multiplayer DLC Announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep. This is exciting all right. Now all we have to do is convince people to stand in a line or column :)

I reckon the real issue will be forming a square :p

Very excited about this. 5 nations probably Britain, Austria, Prussia, Russia, and France. Too bad no allies of france such as Saxony, Bavaria and Poland.

Are they going to patch With Fire and Sword first? Geeze that's still badly broken... I noticed that Paradox removed any mention of that game from the forums, is it because it's never gonna get patched?

Fire and sword got me fired up to play something Napoleonic (I still enjoy the early era though) so I am very excited to hear that there will be a supported DLC. :D

On the MP only side, I am assuming the usual robust bot system and skirmish modes stay in? Not having a campaign kinda makes sense since this is a formal war setting, but I would still love to be able to play with bots in as many settings/situations as possible.

Warband I tend to play bots with Arena and 8 vs 8 (alone or with the family) this setup is AWSOME.

Fire and Sword does not have a small tight map like that (sadly) but the captain co-op is great (the family is less keen on it then arena in warband though).

Hopefully the Nappy edition will bring something fun for small scale play, I will be getting it in any case due to the period and to support the series.

Are they going to patch With Fire and Sword first? Geeze that's still badly broken... I noticed that Paradox removed any mention of that game from the forums, is it because it's never gonna get patched?

Taleworlds does the patching. I reckon Paradox renamed the forums because Warband is getting more and more sub-games so it wasn't really sensible to try to make a longer and longer name..

Italy wasn't a nation, unless you're thinking of the puppet Kingdom of Italy Napoleon formed. Almost definitely Austria I reckon.

To answer some questions,
-The 5 factions in the game are: France, Great Britain, Prussia, Russia and Austria.
-The release date is 19 April 2012.
-This DLC doesn't have anything to do with "With Fire and Sword", Napoleonic Wars is in fact the next version of a popular Warband mod called Mount&Musket, that has beeen out for 2 years.

To answer some questions,
-The 5 factions in the game are: France, Great Britain, Prussia, Russia and Austria.
-The release date is 19 April 2012.
-This DLC doesn't have anything to do with "With Fire and Sword", Napoleonic Wars is in fact the next version of a popular Warband mod called Mount&Musket, that has beeen out for 2 years.

Is this confirmed?

This looks like it is going to be really good. I've pre-ordered on GamersGate for £7.95.
icon14.png