• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Upped the length of truces to 10 years (from 3)
Very much overkill, it'd take 150 years to take merely Asia Minor back which was lost in 10 years. Sounds like it's going to be very boring now..

I installed my game from disc (boxed set. Still at 1.2B. Do i have to download the patch manually as I have boxed set or will steam automatically download it for me?

From what I understand, the boxed copies are identical to the Steam version, so yes, the next time you'll run Steam, it will update the game for you. This sometimes takes a few minutes, but it's automatic and will eventually happen.

Clendor;1345W3658 said:
yesyes, but when I'm a simple count with a 2-digit treasury, it's quite impossible to deal with rebles when they pop up.

Welcome to the challenge of being a simple count. You actually had to fear the rebels. If you're a count with a rebellious population you better lower taxes or get some muscle behind you to deal with them. Otherwise they will throw you out.

Also, I believe if the rebels completely take a province, after a while they loot the place and then disband. I don't think they perma-lock a country. I seem to recall an issue where one of my territories was separated from the HRE and just perma-spawned rebels so I just said "screw it" and worked on conquering the intervening lands rather then parking my mercenaries permanently in house.

Anyway, they had completely taken over the province for a year or so and then disappeared with a pop up that said they looted the place (it got all the nasty conquered traits). But because of feature/bug they spawned immediately again :(

From what I understand, the boxed copies are identical to the Steam version, so yes, the next time you'll run Steam, it will update the game for you. This sometimes takes a few minutes, but it's automatic and will eventually happen.

WHat do you mean "run steam". Everytime i start the game it is still 1.2. I checked on steam and it said the 1.3 patch is there. Do I just have to wait... Arrghhh, Or is there a way to force steam to update it for me?

WHat do you mean "run steam". Everytime i start the game it is still 1.2. I checked on steam and it said the 1.3 patch is there. Do I just have to wait... Arrghhh, Or is there a way to force steam to update it for me?

It is possible that Steam hasn't distributed the patch to you yet. Make sure that Steam isn't in offline mode.

There is an alternative, too: The patch seems to produce incorrect checksums for Steam installations, and the recommended solution is to re-install the game. So this is something you could do since you might need (want) to do it anyway. To remove CK2 (but not your save games), right-click on "Crusader Kings 2" in your Steam library and select "delete local content". Then just press "install". It's about 400 MB to download (not 800 as it claims), so this should be quick for most people.

This should give you the 1.03b version with the correct checksum (KUHM).

yesyes, but when I'm a simple count with a 2-digit treasury, it's quite impossible to deal with rebles when they pop up.

This is the classic design conundrum in all Paradox games - whether to make the game playable by even the weakest of nations or to make the game fun for the powerful nations. I prefer the latter.

Yes, it's very hard to play as an independent Count. But making it too easy will only ruin the game for everyone else.

The best advice is to avoid revolts in the first place.

Ok my unmoded Gamersgate version I had the game is up to date message, but the direct link worked nice with correct check sum. Very nice additions with this patch. The only odd thing was in the store the music dlc was gone.

The only odd thing was in the store the music dlc was gone.

There was a post from Johan where he said that the music DLC wasn't meant to be released just yet, so GG probably took it down until Paradox releases it officially (then also on Steam).

There was a bug where the AI would surrender at very low war scores (like 8%) just because its levies were depleted. This does not make sense for big powerful states.

I really hope this dosent mean that its now like in eu3 where you have to completly destroy the ai before it would give up a single province!
From what ive seen so far in the demo and from friends playing it seems like the ai is for once willing to make peace when you beat them (they have no money and levies are depleated) even if you warscore is relativly low. I REALLY like this feature and I pray to all gods that this "bug fix" has not ruined it...ofc I can see that big countries should not surender if they still have standing armies and/or mercs, but if they are "completly beaten" as it says in the note, they really should be willing to surender even at low scores

not sure how to feel about this. half the changes appeal to me, while the rest make me afraid the game has been crippled.

when I read that it's no longr "too easy" to steal skilled sourtiers from foreign courts, I get worried that they made it too close to impossible. and 10 year truces? sheesh... 3 was a little fast, but 5 would have been just fine. and completely beaten AI not surrendering "too easily?" that scares me too.