• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MichaelMaverick

Second Lieutenant
94 Badges
May 27, 2012
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Knights of Honor
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris: Necroids
I haven't played Rome in a good long while and therefore havent kept up with its updates and the like. The one reason why I got tired of the game was how irritating the spoils system was. Conquer a nation of 20 provinces, get to claim 3. That annoyed me greatly lol. I'm really wanting to buy it again and play it but I want to know it that issue was ever fixed?

Well, the war points system is quite common in Paradox games (don't know whether you ever played Europa Universalis) and is, probably, considered more historical than a "occupy 20 provinces, keep them all" system - like Rome taking 3 wars to destroy Carthage... So, I don't think that most gamers would consider it an issue, but rather like it. 3 out 20 sounds extreme, that would be very precious provinces then, I assume, but normally, it would be more than that.

Short answer: No.

You could make simple mod by editing defines.txt how many provinces are allowed for annexing.

Also, i think some mods have already changed how much provinces cost war score etc.(sorry, i fail to remember which ones though).

Well, the war points system is quite common in Paradox games (don't know whether you ever played Europa Universalis) and is, probably, considered more historical than a "occupy 20 provinces, keep them all" system - like Rome taking 3 wars to destroy Carthage... So, I don't think that most gamers would consider it an issue, but rather like it. 3 out 20 sounds extreme, that would be very precious provinces then, I assume, but normally, it would be more than that.

Short answer: No.

Yeah, I guess you're right. At the time it was rather annoying after beating an enemy and only getting what I thought were minor concessions lol and yes, I have played EU. Thank you for the input, guess I'll go buy it again lol

If I remember correctly Cheexsta made a mod that aallowed you to demand more provinces in pace deals by reducing the civilization value of conquered provinces, and then reverting them back to their previous values once the war was over. I don't know what happened to it, and I kind of doubt that it works with the current versions of the game either without some customization.

I think there should also be an event that will give you the occupied province after certain amount of time (randomly). You could make the mtth shorter so it would occur more frequently.

I' m not sure whether I fully understood your question. Well, I bought the Gold version and patched it up to 2.3.6. I wouldn't say it's 2 games - more that the Vae victis add-on replaces the original game by enhancing it.

Another inquiry. As far the updates go, if you buy the gold version it'll update the two games to each of their respected current updates correct?

Well Rome Gold contains both the Vae Victis expansion and the original Rome, and the presence of Vae Victis means you don't need any more updates for the original game, if you know what I mean.