• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Starting units without appropriate techs.

Hi all,

starting as Sweden I have operational nav and tac bomber wings, but I can`t build any because I have not done the necessary research.

Is this a WAD because of balance issues or is something wrong?

Regards, Oldtimer

Wtf ?

Just BOUGHT the new map+mod34 and can't get it to work!

I followed these steps:

1 - Install your HoI2 Armageddon and update the game to the last 1.2 patch
2 - Download the Mod
3 - Execute the installer
4 - Select your hoi2 armageddon path
(usually Program Files/ Paradox/interactive/Doomsday)
5 - Execute the MapLimit from the installer
6 - execute "No Time Limit" from the installer
7 - Enjoy !!

I constantly get the "Install the latest milestone" message upon starting the hoi2.exe..

Anyone got an idea on how to get this sh*t to work ? -.-'

I constantly get the "Install the latest milestone" message upon starting the hoi2.exe..

You have installed Armageddon without Doomsday or an Arma patch into a folder other than the game folder.

You have installed Armageddon without Doomsday or an Arma patch into a folder other than the game folder.

So I have to install doomsday also? In the arma folder?
Thought the mod was for arma 1.2.. I just installed arma and patched it to 1.2, when I patch it with the map-limit-patch it also states that the version is correct..

Kinda feel confused (hangovers....big time...i'll never drink again!!), care to make a step by step guide..

So I have to install doomsday also? In the arma folder?
Thought the mod was for arma 1.2.. I just installed arma and patched it to 1.2, when I patch it with the map-limit-patch it also states that the version is correct..

Kinda feel confused (hangovers....big time...i'll never drink again!!), care to make a step by step guide..

But arma isn't a standalone and thus, you need Doomsday that are a stand alone unless you've installed armageddon from the HOI2 anthology version which you probably haven't since you haven't registered such.

I have installed ARMA from the anthology dics.. Thats why I'm so confused..

I have installed ARMA from the anthology dics.. Thats why I'm so confused..

Okey, if you installed from anthology, then the file will go to C:\Paradox Interactive\Armageddon instead of C:\Paradox Interactive\Doomsday which I - IIRC - think Mod34 excutable installer points to per default, so check if that's the case or re-install Mod34 and make sure its install over your current armageddon installation and go from there.

Does Armageddon run properly (and show correct version and checksum on the menu) before you install the mod?

Suggestions for Sweden.

Hi all,

don`t know where to post this, so here it is:

-Saltsjöbadsavtalet(Saltsjöbaden agreement, 1938 AFAIR). A milestone in modern swedish history, this was an agreement between Social Democrats and private industry to solve conflicts by negotiation in a spirit of mutual understanding.
In practice this meant that for material concessions Social Democrats abandoned the idea of class struggle(in practice if not always rhetorics).

Led to a special mindset in the swedish society, Saltsjöbadsandan(Spirit of Saltsjöbaden) meaning that conflicts between capital and labour ought to be solved by reaching consensus whenever possible.

Game effects: dissent lowers by 5%, a couple of IC:s added, industrial efficiency up by 5%.

- Samlingsregeringen(The Coalition Government, early 1940 AFAIR).
At the initiative of Social Democrats a coalition government was set up of all Riksdag(Parliament) parties excpt the commies for the duration of the conflict.
Another example of trying to weather great cataclysms by consensus.

Game effects: dissent lowers 3%, industrial efficiency rises by 2%, manpower increase by 30. No elections for the duration.

Actually I`ve played to mid 1942 without elections and no Samlingsregeringen event so something maybe bugged here.

- womens auxiliary organisations, several were set up to free manpower reserves for the armed forces. Kvinnliga Bilkåren(Womens Car Corps), Blåstjärnan(Blue Star), female farm workers stand ins sent to farms where the menfolk were mobilized come to mind. There were more.

Game effects: On activating such an auxiliary organisation manpower reserves increase by 20.

Regards, Oldtimer

Wtf ?

Just BOUGHT the new map+mod34 and can't get it to work!

I followed these steps:

1 - Install your HoI2 Armageddon and update the game to the last 1.2 patch
2 - Download the Mod
3 - Execute the installer
4 - Select your hoi2 armageddon path
(usually Program Files/ Paradox/interactive/Doomsday)
5 - Execute the MapLimit from the installer
6 - execute "No Time Limit" from the installer
7 - Enjoy !!

Anyone got an idea on how to get this sh*t to work ? -.-'

Hi, please do the question in the mfe forum

Please, install the arma 1.2 in other path, like c:\games\hoi2 (to avoid problems with patchs or other installations)

Install the map mod, and download the last maplimit patcher -> Link (extract the .zip in the game directory)

Apply the maplimit, and next the notimelimit (Parches Hoi2-dd.exe)

Prove again

OLDTIMER : Ok, I will view to put this events

More on Sweden.

Hi Quintelosky,

glad you are considering implementation of my suggestions.

Come to think of it, a Samlingsregeringen event should also move politics slider +1 Right Wing as parties to the right of the Social Democrats were admitted to the Government.
Maybe... maybe, this slider move should also be included in the Saltsjöbaden event as it resulted in a consensus, more or less, between labour and capital in Sweden.

Re womens auxiliary organizations, such events should historically apply to most nations, but at different times. I think this was actually a feature of vanilla HoI I.
England for example had it earlier then Germany and should benefit more.
After all German economy was not put on a total war footing until 1943 AFAIR.

Regards, Oldtimer

The women "put to work" event was a random event in vannila.
Would be nice to have a industrial boost from this too.

Initially it would be the reverse, surely. There would be a drop in productivity (i.e. IC) while the new workers acquired the skills required, and then production would recover - but it would be unlikely to exceed the original level if the plant itself was not expanded. Where you would, and did, get the benefit would be in an increase in MP as men were released from the factories.