• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, good to see the African foothold. Everything seems relatively secure for you both there and in Europe. Not many potential backstabbers to fear while you push further along the North African coast.

That's an interesting Central Europe for sure. I'd call that a new look indeed. :D

It's funny. In this game, nations seem to take turns in blobbing. And in the end, they all fail miserably to keep their empires together.

Yes, Its amazing to see that very few of the hundreds that start 1399 have actually survived the first 40 years. Novogorod, Naples, England and Castille are the only powers to really survive.

Don't forget the Byzantines :D

interesting goals...
too bad about Castille, it would have kept you on your toes...oh well maybe the Russians will
Darn you posting between the answers and updates! It seems Novogorod will be there for a while. But we seem to have a mutual agreement not to attack each other so we'll see.

Ah, good to see the African foothold. Everything seems relatively secure for you both there and in Europe. Not many potential backstabbers to fear while you push further along the North African coast.

That's an interesting Central Europe for sure. I'd call that a new look indeed.
Yup, only bordering 4 countries: Kazan, Nov, Morocco and Hansa. Its likely only Morocco will give me grief in the next update but we'll see.

I
t's funny. In this game, nations seem to take turns in blobbing. And in the end, they all fail miserably to keep their empires together.

Don't forget the Byzantines
Excuse me! I haven't failed miserably....yet....The Byzantines were practically dead in the first few years, therefore, they dont count as having survived.

Next to fall, Byzantium?
Maybe, they still have the best core/non-core ratio compared to everyone else (except me maybe). But they have lost all their cores in turkey now so they can no longer reconquest everything. We'll see.

Going on holiday for the next few days now, so no update till Thursday guys. Salve.

Maybe when you'll try to have an empire in Central Europe :rolleyes:

:D

Should he take a page out of the AI's book and do it with reckless abandon and no concern for defensibility, then that might very well be true. ;)

Should he take a page out of the AI's book and do it with reckless abandon and no concern for defensibility, then that might very well be true. ;)

The AI seems to share the Dwarf Fortress philosophy, i.e. "Losing is fun!" :p

EDIT : Sorry for the doublepost

Last edited:
Maybe when you'll try to have an empire in Central Europe
Should he take a page out of the AI's book and do it with reckless abandon and no concern for defensibility, then that might very well be true.
Hmm...we'll have a vote. As soon as i finish this Moroccan Skirmish and revolts are less, we'll see who wants me to throw the cake out of the plane.

I'm loving this AAR, it's fantastic with the rise and fall of Empires happening all the time. I look forward to seeing the next update!

(From a fellow competitor)
Thanks, you wont have to wait long.

Interesting the rebirth of the French, Africa should prove exciting
France wont last long #evil laugh# Africa has proven exciting

The AI seems to share the Dwarf Fortress philosophy, i.e. "Losing is fun!"
Er...don't quite know what Drawf Fortress is but yea. Also, dont double post :(

Update in the next post, providing that blsteen doesn't ruin it again!

Post 12 - Phew!
Salve and welcome to another update about blah blah blah I play EU3, lets watch. ()(All questions were answered in the last post and i dont feel like writing random words.)

Morocco again
War came between us and Morocco only less then about 4 months after the last great battle. Two of the three armies burst into action and attempted to take the Algerian provinces.
EU3_1-6.jpg

The third army was left to defeat the uprising peasants, which was quite common. Tangiers had a revolt risk of over 17% if i remember correctly.

Atlas and Mellila was quickly sieged and seized. With no Moroccan army to defend their Algerian provinces, occasionally, some of their peasants attempted to form a new nation using our land.
EU3_4-7.jpg

Phew makes its first occurrence.
"URA!" Shouted the Russians. The Novogorodian armies were approaching the Finnish border! 17 thousand vodka drinkers were facing the nine thousand tea drinkers. It was a battle to see who could get drunk quickest!
EU3_5-7.jpg

"URA!" Shouted the Russians. The battle commenced and, although the English were hopelessly outnumbered, they put up a good round. The Brits retreated back to a nearby province.
EU3_6-6.jpg

Kazan was closing in on our borders, seiging the northern province. It looked like finland was about to fall....all hope was lost.......all armies failing.........

"wait a minute" cried Henry V.
He whispered to the nearby messenger. The messenger rushed out the door to deliver the notices.
EU3_8-6.jpg

"It looks like we can just get out of any war by white peacing" yelled the king. "We were even massively outnumbered and incredibly weak!"

Back Down South
More provinces were being sieged and seized, Oran and Tlemcen were of these. Soon, all of Algeria was under british control, including their makeshift capital: Al Djazair.

it seems my previous mission to keep relations with the states high didnt work, we get excommunicated by the Pope himself! Not good i think, it puts my tolerance of the true faith down to -1, which doesn't even make any sense.
EU3_11-4.jpg

With the conquest of Algeria ending, it seemed right to peace out with the Morocs. We take most of Algeria except their now locked capital.
EU3_13-4.jpg

Other Plans
I have decided to make Venice my long term partner in crime! Gifts and Military accesses were given to try boost relationships. Hopefully, I can get a Royal Marriage to solve the Legitimacy problem, that will lower revolts which is always nice.

EU3_12-5.jpg

I think thats a bug, 17 yearly for mainly infamy? Excuse me?

FIN
Todays Picture of the post is a collage of screenshots of countries that either aren't in the right place or just shouldn't have existed yet. Pictured are Vijannerer, the neatherlands, Switzerland and Duranni.
EU3_17-5.jpg

World map:
EU3_MAP_GBR_1444818_1.jpg

Byzantium and Novogorod is doing incredibly well

Do you want me to ruin everything and play the AI way of this game? No white peacing, no defensive and yes war taxes/oversized army.
Hmm...we'll have a vote. As soon as i finish this Moroccan Skirmish and revolts are less, we'll see who wants me to throw the cake out of the plane.
Vote......NOW!

Vale

Do you want me to ruin everything and play the AI way of this game? No white peacing, no defensive and yes war taxes/oversized army.

Vote......NOW!

No, at least not yet. You aren't capable of steamrolling everyone yet, so no need for that.

Of course, some kind of house rule prohibiting offering white peace immediately could be something to look into if it's actually that easy to do. That way, you'd actually need to have the troops to defend each region. ;)

Byzantium is too pretty to die!
it might not die, silly!

No, at least not yet. You aren't capable of steamrolling everyone yet, so no need for that.

Of course, some kind of house rule prohibiting offering white peace immediately could be something to look into if it's actually that easy to do. That way, you'd actually need to have the troops to defend each region.
Well thats a bit of a kick in my confidence :( But i get your point.
No white peacing? if it wasn't for white peacing, all of finland would have belonged to Novogorod and Kazan.

Well thats a bit of a kick in my confidence :(

That wasn't the intention... I don't know, I haven't seen the kind of troop numbers yet that could survive playing like the AI. :D Playing smart is required, and you've done that. :)

No white peacing? if it wasn't for white peacing, all of finland would have belonged to Novogorod and Kazan.

I didn't mean no white peacing, but it seems funny that you can play without sufficient troops on the Russian border. Of course if you exaggerated how easy it was to get that white peace, then no problem there. ;)

Maybe the infamy boost to relations is a part of the mod.
That might make sense, since the main goal of this mod is to promote WAR and EXPANSION :p

Maybe the infamy boost to relations is a part of the mod.
That might make sense, since the main goal of this mod is to promote WAR and EXPANSION
Proberly not, i'll ask Junuxx. Junuxx? Junuxx?!? He said maybe.

I'm surprised that nobody's bothered to mention the collapse of the Japanese empire. What happened there?
As is always the case: too many non-cores. But im still suprised that somone managed to land in Japan and take over the north part (look very carefully).

Still going strong I see
I think I'll remove colonists completely in the next version, seems kinda exploity if the player is the only one who will even attempt to colonize.
Urm......I dont think ill be getting that version, colonies and the only way ill get enough manpower to take over the world. Maybe that version will be for the better players!

"Update" in the next post proberly.