• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to derail the thread but for what it's worth I'm not planning another AAR at the moment. There's a huge contract we're bidding for - if it lands in the autumn then I'm going to try for the section manager role that my department will need and that will be a lot of work but it'll be high enough profile that I can aim further up the ladder in a couple of years - it's not a status or money thing althought they are nice - it's about interesting challenges which you might have spotted I quite like ;)

Just so long as you don't start writing work AARs.

Just so long as you don't start writing work AARs.

August 9th, I was able to seize Jim's coffee mug. I then blockaded his cubicle and began to sink his copies that were forced out of the printer.

On August 11th, a 100% warscore peace deal was signed. He annulled all treaties with Janet and ceded his bag of Almond Joy to me. I sent a royal marriage proposal to Janet.

August 9th, I was able to seize Jim's coffee mug. I then blockaded his cubicle and began to sink his copies that were forced out of the printer.

On August 11th, a 100% warscore peace deal was signed. He annulled all treaties with Janet and ceded his bag of Almond Joy to me. I sent a royal marriage proposal to Janet.

I would totally read this AAR. But for 100% warscore, surely you could get more than one bag of Almond Joy?

I would totally read this AAR. But for 100% warscore, surely you could get more than one bag of Almond Joy?

You have no idea how much Jim loves Almond Joy.

Jim is an intern and has crap income, therefore the bag of Almond Joy is a high percentage of his income and costs more war score.

He should have gone over to Marketing - they are much easier to blockade and invade for veritable buckets of candy.

I think we had enough fun writing work situation AARs. Anymore of this and I'll have to hand out warnings and/or infractions.

Hello folks. As some of you no doubt noticed in the bAAR, my personal life took a grave turn for the worse on the 3rd. At 6 pm that day I was still in what I found an awesome happy relationship with a pretty much perfect woman that I love very much, an hour later she had left me (turns out that she wasn't perfect I guess, I mean a perfect woman would want to be with me, right? :p) and I still really don't know why. We got along exceptionally in every sense, there were no problems that I know of, no real arguments, nothing that I can really point at in this context. I was in shock and completely devastated, and still am, just to a slightly lesser degree. It's just something totally different - I mean, I've been dumped before and I've ended relationships before, but never in a situation where everything seemed to be so wonderful, and never so completely by surprise. Often you kind of know beforehand that it's going nowhere, or even feel a tinge of relief when you can stop worrying about any problems in the relationship. Now that there's absolutely nothing to ease the sorrow it hurts that much more, which is the reason for me sounding like a brooding teenager. ;) That, and the fact that I've never loved anyone like I love her.

Oops, long paragraph, I didn't mean to write a book here (let alone heap my problems onto you guys, therapeutic as it may be for me) - I simply wanted to explain the situation as far as the forums go. I intend to finish what I started eventually, but there are things higher on the to-do list than writing AARs right now (like getting my work performance back to a level that I can accept, or managing to sleep at night), so I'm declaring them on hold for now. I'm only saying it here since Gentlemen in Germany doesn't have a schedule anyway. I plan to start reading AARs a bit again now, and might post an update in one of my own if I feel like it, but you shouldn't hold your breath. Frankly, I'm kind of in another world now and it feels like the time I wrote that latest update (twelve days ago) was years ago.

I thank you for your understanding.

Good luck getting your life together, man. Although I (fortunately) have never been in a situation like yours now, I can imagine how terrible it must feel.

I wish you the very best of luck, Malurous; sounds like a really nasty time in your life. I hope everything works out for you!

I think everyone here has to understand that RL events (even not so harsh like the situation of yours) are more important than being online. I hope that you will be OK. I am going to do the same thing as I have done before - I will let my subscription wait and one day I will happily read another update of the Inca crusade.

Extremely sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck in getting your life back on track. Take your time with the AAR. We'll still be here when you get around to post something.

I feel sorry for ya - hope everything turns out okay.

RL has a priority over gaming/AARs - though gaming/AARs might help you "recover" from RL shocks. Talking about (yes, even here) as kinda "therapeuty/ic": if it helps ya to "recover" then do it!

Yours,
AdL

P.S.: Sorry for the terrible English, but it has been a long day for me.