• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm, do you think rising mobilization levels (to reinforce your divisions) was really necessary?

It seems (at least on screens) Yugoslavia had barely any divisions at all, so you could simply win by using your superior number of units, outflanking them and gaining local superiority.

I do actually, if my divisions were too low strength the wouldn't off been able to attack at all, because they would of shattered if they had tried it.

Question...why national unity falls even if Italy is blitzing through Yugoslavia? near the end is 77% from 80%

Those pesky Yugoslav submarines were sinking convoys. Strategic warfare was weakening me a little.

Wonderful preview indeed. I want August to come now, already! :cool:

A question for King: as I read the miniAAR this was hands off, that is, the AI handled the war against YUG. Correct?

Very nice :)

Was it AI-only assault, or did you take charge of the front yourself?
I ask because on the last screen it looks like in some places HQs seem a bit exposed - although I can't tell whether there's anything else in the region or not.
What happens to an org unit (corps/army/theatre) if the HQ is destroyed?

No comments other than that this looks excellent. I believe the vertical flags are no longer squished, so that's good to :) But two complaints (naturally) -

1) It would be sweet to see what happens next ;)
2) A few flags still need work (shouldn't they be the same as HoI2's, anyway? I mean Slovak and Romanian one - though the Romanian one isn't technically wrong anymore, so good job there).

There are also a few question -

1) What does "threat" mean? Is it just an AI variable, or does it have some kind of meaning for dissent/NU when declaring war?
2) Why does Italian National Unity start to decrease (but not instantly) after war is declared? (well, I supposed that one was answered already...)

Wonderful preview indeed. I want August to come now, already! :cool:

A question for King: as I read the miniAAR this was hands off, that is, the AI handled the war against YUG. Correct?

I handed the theatre an objective (Belgrade) and a stance (Blizkrieg) and let the AI take it from there.

Great AAR.

Good idea: occupation level vs. national unity. Seems to be logical.

Limited wars are also great if you do not want to share. And there were many before and within WWII.

And it is good that there is no need to wait for the "real" historical events to fire any longer.

1) What does "threat" mean? Is it just an AI variable, or does it have some kind of meaning for dissent/NU when declaring war?
2) Why does Italian National Unity start to decrease (but not instantly) after war is declared?

1) No it is used in diplomacy. The threat values that countries project effect the choice of diplomatic actions it can do. In one test game I took out Yugoslavia and generated enough threat towards Romania to allow it to join the Allies.

2) I answered this above.

Hmmm, do you think rising mobilization levels (to reinforce your divisions) was really necessary?

It seems (at least on screens) Yugoslavia had barely any divisions at all, so you could simply win by using your superior number of units, outflanking them and gaining local superiority.

Not trying to nitpick, I just wonder how much advantage you can get from sudden attacks without mobilization. It seems minors can be very easily caught with their pants down (single YUG division on the first screen vs. armies of Italians and multiple border provinces without any defending unit).

The threat is now up. He says the next war will not go so easy. Italy's neighbours will feel more threaten now and mobilise.