Two combinations that made my life much much easier

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirDimos

Private
22 Badges
Jan 7, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Shield/Arcane/Cold - puts 4 frost mines in front of you. Not only does it knock them back, but it slows them - which INCLUDES slowing down their "get up" animation.

Arcane/Lightning/Cold - deals decent damage and will both slow and shock your enemy making their actions and approach take much longer than normal.

Hope this helps!

1. I noticed that arcane areal attack spam is the best thing here. 500 damage, small knockback and very fast casting time. Just hold shift and keep bashing S and RMB for a wave after wave of it. You can add A for extra lightning or F for some fire on top of everything to increase damage to 800-900 per wave. It's overpowered and should be rebalanced but don't tell devs. :)

2. Heaviest hitter is charged full 5x earth on a frozen target. It kills everyone.

3. Arcane forms awesome endless sniper laser beams combined with fire or lightning. Lightning is best used for pumping a few thousands of damage into a wet enemy. Fire is great for those bomb-throwers, it explodes them immediately over a long range often killing other mobs too. Also great for taking out archers and magicians.

4. Placeholder for when I discover how to deal with armored enemies.

If you want to experiment, just pound on the (non)vampire guy. He's immortal so you can test what hits how.

I dunno, I like the meteor shower :D

Steam beam? I'll try it out. Thx.

Does anyone know how to save on single player Adventure? I have hit checkpoints but every time I leave I start back with Valds speech in the beginning.

How do you cast Conflagration? It requires Steam-Fire-Steam-Fire-Steam, but when I press Water+Fire to get Steam, then Fire, and then start pressing Water+Fire again, the first water combines with the previous fire to make steam. And having a combination of Steam-Steam-Steam-Fire-Fire does not count as Conflagration. :(

How do you do the meteor shower? I just started and I'm not sure what that tornado-like icon is? I'm new :(

Fire Stone Fire Water Stone Fire. So F+D+F+Q+D+F, needless to say the order is compulsory :)

How do you cast Conflagration? It requires Steam-Fire-Steam-Fire-Steam, but when I press Water+Fire to get Steam, then Fire, and then start pressing Water+Fire again, the first water combines with the previous fire to make steam. And having a combination of Steam-Steam-Steam-Fire-Fire does not count as Conflagration. :(

F+Q+F+F+Q+F+F+Q, for Meteor shower and Conflagration you make the steam by starting with Fire not water.

Well, if you want the game to be easy, here is how to break the game =( Hopefully the game is balanced a bit in this light. It's nice that certain spells can't be cast indoor like lightning, but the outdoor sequences can easily be 'ruined' with lightning spam =P

1. If the enemies are medium to slow, spam lightning bolt on almost anything... (I mean the magicka, not lightning element). Usually does 5000 damage with only a short delay before. If the target is wet it does ~10000-15000. (For mobs, use rush magicka so you can run away and then spam lightning bolt)

2. If the enemies are fast or very numerous (weak goblins for example), spam arcane area spell (hold shift and repeatedly cast A). For extra damage I like to glide my fingers over ASF while holding shift between each cast so I can get the burn effect and do some extra damage (someone else posted this above also)

3. For single strong enemies (yes, this even works on quite a few BOSSES!), cast arcane + water at the enemy so that they get wet (or any spell to get them wet, but I prefer to do this from a distance which is why I use arcane). IMMEDIATELY afterward cast arcane + frost and it will freeze the enemy. Now just hold down the cast button and the enemy will stay frozen until it explodes due to the beam effect with frost properties.
This works better when there are fewer annoying minions to interrupt you or get in your way. Khan is an ideal example of the potency of this spell combination as he can be taken out by casting only these two spells without being hit. I didn't time myself but probably took me around 10 seconds to kill him.

I like personal shield + "rain" spell. Your shield keeps you dry, everyone else gets wet, and then you're free to cast all kinds of ice and lightning stuff on them with impunity. Just don't let that shield run out (if using lightning).

Also, wetting the enemies + freeze ray (arcane + freeze) is the ultimate way to deal with solo battles against big enemies. If the enemy isn't attacking you at first, like the troll eating the moose, use "rain" to wet him — it's not considered a hostile act and he'll keep eating. Then you can freeze him solid with freeze ray, and keep the ray going to kill him in a single spell without him ever getting up. (If indoors, just substitute a water spell.)

Last edited:
QF-QF-QF-A-S. Right-click cast.

Try it out. You can gib one of the heavily armoured trolls in five seconds or less.

Actually, if you tweak this to 1 steam, 1 lightning, 3 arcane it will do a bit more damage. Minimal...but it does also take a bit less to cast. ( 5 buttons instead of 8 )

Oh, and for those curious...this doesn't do just a bit more damage than normal spells...it does A LOT more.

EX: The most powerful beam using normal elements does just over 16,000 damage total. ( Remember to use Vlad to test things. )
This steam laser does over 35,000 damage. That's over double...assuming you are using the full Lightning, Fire, Arcanex3 for comparison.

Generally you don't need to bother with the freeze rays...because stuff doesn't live long enough to get to you anyways, lol. Plus, the added benefit of being much more usable in multiplayer, where playing with water and cold can be bad for allies:)

2. If the enemies are fast or very numerous (weak goblins for example), spam arcane area spell (hold shift and repeatedly cast A). For extra damage I like to glide my fingers over ASF while holding shift between each cast so I can get the burn effect and do some extra damage (someone else posted this above also)

AoE spams can be great...when you make sure to give room to any allies:) If you practice the above Steam Beam, it also makes an insane AoE. ( Steam+Lightning+Arcanex3 for about 2300 damage per mob. )

Oh, and no: If the target is already wet, it is NOT better to remove the steam and use something else. The multiplicative effect of using different elements still makes the steam version better. ( Using 4 arcane and 1 lightning on a wet target only netted something in the 20k range somewhere. )

Edit: I also forgot to mention, but the Arcanes are what cause the mob to do damage on exploding. So, having 3 causes them to do quite a bit of exploding damage....just be careful when mobs get close. It can take a good half of your life in 1 explosion.

Last edited:
Lots of good combos in here.

I love the uber steam/lightning/arcanex3 death ray. It's good for taking down the bigger slow opponents.

For lots of little guys, i still find myself spamming my freezing mines everywhere. I've rarely had a problem with being crowded when i've spammed them especially since you're immune to the cold effect if your shield is up. Frost/shield/arcane - learn 2 luv it :)

watericelightning.png