• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe it's not YHC, but a modern blood cult that is attempting to resurrect him and take over the world.

Also, can't believe you've fallen for the story that Yahuar Hacuac Chilche is dead. Question is, what's he planning?

Don't say I didn't warn you! :D

An update tonight is possible, but not certain. Some screenshot work yet to be done and I'd also like to play a bit more ahead just in case.

Run awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

You can run but you can't hide!

But to where??? :confused:

This. :eek:

Could it be that the Inca's religion is a long lost branche of Buddhism? Do they reincarnate in the immaterial too? And several years into the future? And even on a different "plane"?

... maybe the next discussion between the philosopher and the hight priest will reveal more.

Yours,
AdL

I sure hope it does, for all our sakes. Your explanation is possible too, I just think YHC might be incredibly long-lived and kind of omnipresent as far as "planes" go. :D

I almost fear to state the obvious: Yahuar Hacuac Chilche has gone on to become one of the feared Andean mummies, an undead bent on protecting his native soil. He is lurking nearby making sure you keep the Inca safe from any threat. You'd better not lose out to some European hoodlums like Spain ^^

Hopefully it's like this, in that case my destiny (and possibly yours) is still in my own hands.

Far be it from me to disturb your TINFOIL HAT WEARING.:D
You know too much! And really, if he's a Incan mummy dude, I'd think that
low key would be the way to go, with some air fresheners. And a parka for your neck of the woods (or mine for that matter).

Tinfoil hat wearing, what the heck are you talking about? ;) And hey, remember I was rummaging the garbage bins - if anything, air freshener just makes you more noticeable in that environment. :rofl:

Is your girlfriend hot?;)
I'm sure there are some P'doxers who will help ease her time of struggle
after you're gone...TO THE STORE TO BUY HER SOME FOOD MAN!:rofl:

Of course she is. But please make sure I'm dead before you touch her.

... wait a second. That didn't come out right. :p

Run to the hills !!!"

Run for you lives! *koppoti koppoti koppoti koppoti*

Maybe it's not YHC, but a modern blood cult that is attempting to resurrect him and take over the world.

Ah! That's a very good theory. If that's the case, I believe that there's a decent possibility that they think of me as some kind of a prophet. I'll see if I can milk them for money.

Hmm, now that I think of it, maybe the car appearing in real life wasn't a threat. Maybe YHC appearing in the game was a sign.

Don't say I didn't warn you! :D

Yeah, I remembered that. ;)

Somewhere, somewhere he cant find us. Time to enter the witness protection service.

Now I don't think there's a place where he can't find us, but that might be your best bet. :D

Okay I'm going to post the update now. I almost hit the image limit here - the religion overview will have to wait until either a future chapter or a separate post.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

On second thought, I want nothing to do with that blood cult. :D

Chapter Thirty-eight
1589-1595

Westernization has a disadvantage at this point: the Innovative move has eliminated my missionary gain, and any further levels will make this worse. I can't worry about this now, but it has to be rectified at some point.

I have to note, however, that I should have taken this into account in advance and sent a missionary to the prosperous Tikal instead of some of the focus provinces. Sure, it might have taken an eternity with the low chance, but it would have converted eventually and now I have no-one to send there.

In May 1589 Tumaco grows into a city. Whee! :) Castle construction is begun.

40_01.jpg

Colonists are sent to Quibdo, the next province along the coast.

The Incan First Navy, consisting of fourteen cogs built along the South American coast, is put together in February 1590.

40_02.jpg

I sail the fleet between South America and Mesoamerica just because I can. Whee!

A lot of "Whee!"s here but what can you do, there's a lot of firsts after all!

Tumaco is fortified in May, so Workshop construction is started.

In November we get this:

40_03.jpg

That's a lot of cores.

40_04.jpg

Quite insane - we're at zero stability and aren't minting much at all, but the yearly gain is more than ever, 327 ducats. In addition to the cores, this is helped by the acceptance of Nahuatlan culture.

Technological development is fast in the new tech group, so Land tech advances in March 1591.

40_05.jpg

Later in the month the Swiss extort over 3000 ducats from some poor minor. They probably put it in a bank. A bit later, they vassalize Verona.

Quibdo becomes a city in December, and we begin building it up.

In a show of insane speed, stability +3 is reached in the beginning of 1592 - that's just over half a year a level! Of course, we have a lot to invest these days.

So, stab +3... You know what that means.

40_06.jpg

I also start building a second transport fleet in the Atlantic. I'm not building warships yet as we don't know any decent models. I mean, what's a warship launching ceremony without beautiful women?

More tech in February:

40_07.jpg

I take a quick peek at the European map late in the summer. Nothing has happened in France, while Switzerland has turned the tables on Bavaria and has occupied most of the nation. My peek turns out to be timely as they force Bavaria to release three minors (Bayern-Straubing, Bayern-Landshut and Augsburg) less than a month later. Later in the year, Ireland starts expanding to the main Island, grabbing provinces from Scotland and later Argyll.

A slider move becomes available in October, and I go Centralized. Enabling military modernization has to be priority number one now, even though other moves would be welcome as well.

In January 1593 I have to decide where to send the next colonist - I had been waiting for possible discoveries along the border - as I have four and don't want them to go to waste. I take a look at the dead province in Mesoamerica, but it would take a year and a half to send. So I decide to go east from homeland.

40_08.jpg

Switzerland diploannexes Baden in February. I hope it doesn't bother anyone that this has turned into an Inca-Swiss dual AAR, I find the formerly little nation's strange adventures interesting myself.

Mayapan finally converts in June. It was left with quite a low conversion chance after the focus moved, so it's no wonder that it took a while.

I finally realize that the high ADM score means available Land Enclosures. I start taking them in high tax provinces, but I'm not too excited about engaging in the fun activity of calculating which set of every other provinces is the best. I've done enough of that, so I'm content to pay just enough attention to avoid any major screw-ups. No need to powergame here - I'm starting to get the feeling that finances won't be a problem anyway. They're available in Mesoamerica but not in South America, strange bug it seems as I don't see anything in the decision that should lead to this.

The new heir, Sayri Tupac, is born in November and is of the traditional "not quite good enough" variety. No safety net there.

40_09.jpg

Quibdo finally gets its product in April 1594: fish.

June sees naval progress. For the first time, this isn't useless.

40_10.jpg

Of course, more is still needed for better ships.

Kanamari, the eastern province, grows to a city in December.

This is not a very promising province as it's tropical. However, I want to have all of the Americas if I can so I'm not picky.

Turns out that time of stab recovery has gone from an average of 6.6 months to 7.4. :( That is to say, stability +3 in February 1595. Boom!

40_11.jpg

Fully westernized, we get maximum neighbor bonus in every category. Tech speed is insane.

Trade is the first one to progress the next month (level 16 for +2 % TE), while we get more map spread.

* * *​

Scandinavia and Russia

40_12.jpg

Novgorod is in the unfortunate position of being stuck between huge Sweden and Muscowy. We seem to have some nation forming candidates here. The Hordes have been pushed back but not entirely destroyed.

Yes, that's the Netherlands in the Kola peninsula as well.

The Americas

40_13.jpg

The western part of northern Canada belongs to Portugal, while Spain has the east.

40_14.jpg

South from there, Portugal pokes out through Quebec and controls Newfoundland, while Spanish territory continues down to the modern US.

40_15.jpg

Spain owns the coast all the way to Florida, while Portugal has Texas and the northeastern tip of Mexico.

40_16.jpg

At least there's one more nation in the New World, thanks to Dutch Brazil. That region is otherwise vacant.

40_17.jpg

Portugal has colonized Cuba and the bulk of Hispaniola, while the smaller islands mostly belong to Spain. Spain also controls Bermuda in the Atlantic.

And then the most important part:

40_18.jpg

Spain controlling the coast isn't surprising, but I had hoped that Panama and the access to Portuguese lands might be open. That would have meant that Spain is a long term thing only. That's not the case.

About the chances of conversion:
at least the build I'm playing with has some nice province buildings (available via province decisions): the "development of the religious building", and it's two upgrades. Increases greatly the chance of conversion (but you need missionaries :().

Interesting colonisation of the three European countries ... and in contrary to my actual game they colonise at least (stupid bunch of Iberians: war[r]ing in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia & France instead of establishing first a big overseas empire and then war[r]ing in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia & France ;))

Yours,
AdL

P.S. Hope that the Swiss never learn how to cross the Atlantic: they're very tough adversaries in battles, even when you're the defender.

@ Fireaxe888:

Maybe Portugal is colonising in Africa too? Then they haven't "failed" IMHO. And don't forget the possibility that Castille/Spain got some of their provinces through/via a war with Portugal (what I experience more often than not, - the war I mean).

Yours,
AdL

You can see Russa, but have blank spots in your own backyard.

It doesn't change your immediate plans to war with Portugal, does it? Link up will have to be via Spain, but you suspected a war with them would be needed.

Westernization is now completed. Just western troops required and slider moves to get you missionaries.

I sure hope it does, for all our sakes. Your explanation is possible too, I just think YHC might be incredibly long-lived and kind of omnipresent as far as "planes" go. :D

YHC has made himself as timeless as gold - that was what he was needing so much of it for. A steady diet of gold for the better part of his mortal life has made him effectively immortal.

Run for you lives! *koppoti koppoti koppoti koppoti*

Pieni Inka-intiaani ratsastaa!

(Explanation for those linguistically challenged: A joke about a childrens rhyme)

edit: For missionaries, I find using one Theologist and two Cardinals work nicely for my fully innovative and partially secularized Kalmar Union. You might want to try to get some of that advisor loving as well?

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead and post the religious overview separately. I don't think a full chapter is imminent, so I'll throw the religious stuff out there because it's all done.

Oh and I plan to work on the outdated Table of Contents soon, do you guys think that the YHCmobile silliness is worth including? I'm kind of torn there, it is part of the "extended universe" so to speak :)wacko:), but I'm not sure it makes much sense if someone is going by the index and skipping comments... Then again, I'm not sure it makes much sense anyway! :rofl:

Wow- Portugal has failed terribly at colonization, while Spain is dominating the New World.

Yeah. From what I can tell, Portugal arrived quite a bit earlier but couldn't really do much with that advantage. I get the sense that they have all sorts of numbers problems - economic and military.

About the chances of conversion:
at least the build I'm playing with has some nice province buildings (available via province decisions): the "development of the religious building", and it's two upgrades. Increases greatly the chance of conversion (but you need missionaries :().

Ah but of course! :eek:o Thanks for reminding me, I had pretty much forgotten about that decision because of the high cost, but in a rich province in need of conversion that's definitely worth it.

Interesting colonisation of the three European countries ... and in contrary to my actual game they colonise at least (stupid bunch of Iberians: war[r]ing in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia & France instead of establishing first a big overseas empire and then war[r]ing in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia & France ;))

Hehe... Well, even if there are some annoyances I'm happy that they came over this time, this would be a bit dull if I'd never met any Europeans. :D

P.S. Hope that the Swiss never learn how to cross the Atlantic: they're very tough adversaries in battles, even when you're the defender.

Thankfully, they still seem to be quite far from the coast. But for how long? :eek:

Go against the Portuguese first! The punching bag of the natives according to the Iroquois :D

Haha! :D Well on the surface Portugal would seem like the obvious option, after all I don't want to face the mightiest nation in the world (Spain) before knowing how my New World troops manage. The problem is that Portugal and Spain are allied. I might end up sitting tight for a while. :(

Maybe Portugal is colonising in Africa too? Then they haven't "failed" IMHO. And don't forget the possibility that Castille/Spain got some of their provinces through/via a war with Portugal (what I experience more often than not, - the war I mean).

Spain does have one of Portugal's European provinces I believe, so it's possible that colonies have changed hands as well.

Portugal colonizing Africa... Well yeah, if one province in modern day Sierra Leone/Guinea counts. :p

As an aside, I was going to say Sierra Leone but decided to double check, googled for a map of Africa, got image search results that showed maps of Africa and ended up on an adult site by clicking one of the first image links. This internet thingy is more screwed up than I thought.

Hey, at least you dont have a bajilion minors colonizing the place.

Hehe, but maybe I could kick those around? :D Actually I'd love to have some minor bordering me so I could test my units in a safe environment...

You can see Russa, but have blank spots in your own backyard.

Well, I got my maps from the Europeans apparently. ;)

It doesn't change your immediate plans to war with Portugal, does it? Link up will have to be via Spain, but you suspected a war with them would be needed.

If I believed that my troops could somehow handle the Europeans, Spain would actually come first: those linking provinces are still colonies so right now I could just grab them and even turn them to Quechuan. I wouldn't even have to clearly win the war. But I don't have that information, so I have to find out against the Portuguese. And that, in turn, has to wait until their alliance ends...

Westernization is now completed. Just western troops required and slider moves to get you missionaries.

Yeah. :) The troops are the priority, but I don't know yet what I'm going to do with the sliders after that. I need moves in many categories.

So like, France, or the HRE?

Congratulations on the Westernizing!

Thanks! :) Haha, that was really some minor. I actually said it like that because I forgot the name - that should tell you what an inconsequential nation it was. :D

YHC has made himself as timeless as gold - that was what he was needing so much of it for. A steady diet of gold for the better part of his mortal life has made him effectively immortal.

Ah, another good theory! :)

Pieni Inka-intiaani ratsastaa!

(Explanation for those linguistically challenged: A joke about a childrens rhyme)

:rofl:

edit: For missionaries, I find using one Theologist and two Cardinals work nicely for my fully innovative and partially secularized Kalmar Union. You might want to try to get some of that advisor loving as well?

Yeah, that's definitely one solid option. I decided to ignore the missionary situation until I'm westernized, so I'll give it some thought soon. I should have room for some advisor changes.

MEIOU can be quite unfair when it comes to colonization...

Yeah, I find it thoroughly unfair that the Europeans are allowed to colonize land that's clearly meant for connecting my Empire! :p

Religious overview 1595​

Americas

41_01.jpg

South American Inca lands are all Inti, while most of the Maya lands and some others have been converted (the province with an active missionary is highlighted). The rest of my lands is Teotl, while Tlacopan is Inti.

The dying province looks funny because it's still held by rebels.

The colonizers are all Catholic, so the only Christian province of a different denomination is one Lutheran province in Netherlands Brazil.

British Isles & Western Europe

41_02.jpg

Ireland (including independent minor Tyrone) is Calvinist, Scotland is Lutheran and the rest is Catholic. The outlying islands are all Catholic.

Also visible is Lutheran Normandy and a couple of other Lutheran provinces, the only ones in otherwise fully Catholic Western Europe.

Central Europe etc.

41_03.jpg

Austria, Bohemia and Poland, along with the smaller nations of southern Baltic coast, form a huge unified mass of Lutheranism.

Separate of that, Switzerland is Lutheran. Judging by the log over the decades, they've been Defender of Faith most of the time, which might explain some of their wars.

We also have two Calvinist OPMs here.

The Balkan minors are Orthodox, while majors (Protestant Austria and Catholic Spain) that have conquered land there have converted their provinces.

Denmark is Lutheran (they're mostly occupied by Catholic Netherlands so that's why they look like that), including the Dutch province.

Sweden is fully Catholic.

Orthodox-Sunni "border"

41_04.jpg

The Muslims don't seem to have a huge presence here. I suppose it's mostly strong Muscowy that's driving them out.

Regarding the earlier discussion, Basileia ton Romaion in Orthodox.

The rest of the world

Apart from Theravada Buddhist Ceylon (Jaffna), India is Sunni.

Also, everything you'd expect to be Sunni is just that, while I guess the Orient has what you'd expect as well - I only see scattered provinces there.

As far as I can tell, there aren't any Muslims other than Sunni around. That probably has a lot to do with the strong Timurids, as well as an Arabia divided between the Mamluks and Hedjaz.