• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how will these work? Will they not work in multiplayer? Will they be moddable?

It is a mod. You choose it from the Mod drop down box. For multiplayer game everyone needs to own and chose it from the Mod drop down. It is nice with some neat new techs for players only that add some options to the game. For $2.00 it is worth the price just to check out what the full mod is going to be like.

What "full mod" do you mean?

Instead of overwriting your original files, it puts every thing in a special folder inside one called the mod folder. This means that it can change almost ever thing the "modeler" wants to with destroying your basic (vanilla) game. A full mod is one that is meant to be used by itself in stead of changing something else in the original or a different mod.

Will they be moddable?

Very simple, very moddable. :) An excellent choice for anyone who wants to play vanilla-ish HOI with ICE units inclusive. It took me only a few minutes to integrate my personal mod stuff into CWoWW2. Highly recommended at $2 to throw some support to one of the bright lights of the HOI3 modding community.

First off, thanks for the Great addon I love it.

One question, why can't I upgrade my SS Units like I can my regular Units e.g. INF-> MOT-> MEC -> ARM?

Are you planning to patch it in later, or is this the final version?

First off, thanks for the Great addon I love it.

One question, why can't I upgrade my SS Units like I can my regular Units e.g. INF-> MOT-> MEC -> ARM?

Are you planning to patch it in later, or is this the final version?

I can patch it. I wait for some input and I'll send a patched copy to Paradox. :)

You are right about the upgrade units, I'll add that.

I finished the DLC couple of months before the release of Semper Fi this is why all the new features are not included. :)

Very simple, very moddable. :) An excellent choice for anyone who wants to play vanilla-ish HOI with ICE units inclusive. It took me only a few minutes to integrate my personal mod stuff into CWoWW2. Highly recommended at $2 to throw some support to one of the bright lights of the HOI3 modding community.

What kinds of things did you mod yourself afterwards?

I bought it and installed. After playing a while I decided to go through the hassle of getting the patch and downloading the full version. It is just to fun to pass up on the original. Now I off to try the ICE mod.

I tried installing it into the MOD folder and also into the HOI3 folder just in case. I opened the launcer and the only thing listed in the mod drop down is default. Im running SF 2.03 beta. Its also a Non steam CD version.What am i missing here? :confused:

I tried installing it into the MOD folder and also into the HOI3 folder just in case. I opened the launcer and the only thing listed in the mod drop down is default. Im running SF 2.03 beta. Its also a Non steam CD version.What am i missing here? :confused:

Install into the main HoI3 folder, it goes into MOD automatically.

Okay few days passed, the week end is almost over :

What do you guys think about this DLC ?

I will start working on a patch after the next week I think, you can tell me what is missing, what is unbalanced and what is not working and I'll consider it. :)

I like it very much :) The new units are cool and bring important immersion elements with them.

There is one thing, though. Divisions formed from the new brigades, like, say, SS infantry division, will get a generic name like "1st SS Inf Div", which I then of course change into something more appropriate. Would it be possible to get the "default" names to be in German, in this case, like the regular divisions? Á la "1. Infanterie-Division", so that the SS inf would be more like "1. SS-Infanterie-Division". This also shows when building armor as GER: every now and then when building regular ARM divisions you get names like "2. SS-Panzer-Division Das Reich", when that should of course be the name of the SS-ARM division. So the SS-names should be taken away from the regular names and put into the names of SS units. Same with Soviet guards etc.

I would change these myself, but I can't seem to find the file where the unit names are stored. I remember altering some names in HoI2, and it was pretty easy...

QUOTE]

Gratulations! It was a fantastic DLC (use Dydays Ice before)

Missing: More second line and militia troops.As Germany was called a poor man army so i like to see:

ON GROUND:
Germany Second Line ore Garison:

Coastal Artillerie
Coastal Flak
Luftwaffe Regiment
Marine Regiment
Festungs Regiment

Militia

Panzerjäger Miliz (Miliz on bicycle with panzerfaust)
Flak Hilfspersonal
Eisenbahn Hilfspersonal ( Railroadpersonal used on stationary points to secury the rails against partisans)

Regulär

Gebirgsjäger Artillerie (lighter Artillery)
Flaktürme
Eisenbahnflak (Flak on Rail)
Sturmpioniere (Assoult Pioniers)

Last edited:

I will start working on a patch after the next week I think, you can tell me what is missing, what is unbalanced and what is not working and I'll consider it. :)

Really like the mod - keep up the good work

Comments on the German OOB (since that's the only one I've played!)

I notice that the original German division names are still active, meaning that you get "normal" divisions showing up carrying SS titles.

I would personally prefer that the SS division titles were edited out of the standard units list, and if possible that your new units show up with somewhat historic titles.

Following on from this would it be possible to add SS Gebirgsjager and Kavallerie units to the SS order of battle in a similar way that SS motorised units have been?

Apart from that I love the mod. I like the additions to the tech tree since they make it more important to think about what you research and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.