• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

recnelis

Corporal
76 Badges
Oct 21, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • War of the Vikings
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Impire
  • Gettysburg
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
There is a courtier from Greece (im Poland) that has an amazing 27 intrigue skill. I want to invite him to court but I cant seem to get him even with a super high opinion of me. How do I accomplish this?

There is a courtier from Greece (im Poland) that has an amazing 27 intrigue skill. I want to invite him to court but I cant seem to get him even with a super high opinion of me. How do I accomplish this?

Simple.

You don't.

EDIT: Ok that was TOO simple...

There's many factors that go into it. Is he in line for a title? Does he have claims that his liege can press? How much does he like you personally? What's your prestige? Other things too.

Best way to find people who will accept an invite is to click a county, duchy or even kingdom shield, click on "claimants" (if no one is a claimant then you won't be able to click it) and you'll see a list. those who will say "yes" will have a green thumbs up. But just so you know, few ever do, and the ones who do typically don't have amazing stats.

So how do I go about getting a spymaster with stats like those? Highest i've ever seen in my realm have been 21.

Marriages and good grooming. Blind luck. I often open my council menu and click the "appoint" button just to see if someone better for a certain position has slipped under the radar

Seems to me I should be able to promise a man something. It is only reasonable to be reluctant to go halfway across Europe for no particular reason. It would make a lot of sense for me to be able to promise things, like an appointment to the counsel, a landed title or pressing a claim for him with some appropriately severe penalty for not making good on the promise.

If you have a title to give him and he's got none of his own, that'll do the trick. When you give away a newly conquered county, don't give the lesser titles along with it. Grant your desired courtier the title to one of the other holdings that you kept for yourself, and he'll be your vassal instead of the count's. From which point you can make him your councilor.

Or take the best claimant you can find. or live with slightly less godlike advisors. 13+ is good enough according to the event files.