• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also getting "hoi3 not installed".
I told it to keep temp. files - but only file I can find is 12x MB file called "launch" - nothing else.

Last edited:
Can anyone else confirm?
Czech HQ gets 'stuck' in Germany after Sudentanland. Cannot move through German regions.

Start in 1938, select Sudentenland event when it becomes ready.

Yeah, happens to me too. It even happens if the Czechs have transit rights through Germany for some reason, even if they have the rights before the decision.

If you save and load the game as the Czech's there's nothing stopping them from moving the corps HQ that's stuck (with transit rights or without, doesn't matter). It seems the AI is keeps alternating its orders though to move or stay and it never gets anywhere.

Good news is after the first vienna award the it sort of resolves itself. Either Slovakia becomes a rump state and the corps moves finally, or... well I'd hate to give anything away.

Yeah, happens to me too. It even happens if the Czechs have transit rights through Germany for some reason, even if they have the rights before the decision.

If you save and load the game as the Czech's there's nothing stopping them from moving the corps HQ that's stuck (with transit rights or without, doesn't matter). It seems the AI is keeps alternating its orders though to move or stay and it never gets anywhere.

Good news is after the first vienna award the it sort of resolves itself. Either Slovakia becomes a rump state and the corps moves finally, or... well I'd hate to give anything away.

This bug is present in Vanilla HoI3 2.04 - I saw it playing as USSR when Winter war ended.

I also get this all the time, only once did it change into a Dies Irae .EXE, but that was because I prematurely ended the install. Ofc it is still not working.

This is a reply to Raptor at post 278

Not a bug, actually, but in unit breakdowns, regiments have the "x" symbol for brigade, rather than the correct "lll" symbol over them.

This is not only a GFX pack, this is a whole DLC with new events, balance and such and you can only play Germany.

You can't play multiplayer with it unless everyone own it, and everyone must play as Germany.
Yes I realised it was more than a pure gfx pack.

Did not realise the extent of the rest. It sounds very cool though, so i think i will give it a try.
Pretty easy to have more than one version installed anyways.

Can someone help me with my install problem?

Uninstall and install HOI3 again, then patch it to 2.04e and then download and install Dies Irae again. :)

Slight graphical glitch here.

As you zoom out, counters with the HQ and Panzer tactical symbols become very blurry/ low res whereas infantry (at least) remain sharp.
Have not tested all counter symbols so there may be others.

I keep thinking there is something wrong with my eyes.

Can anyone explain me please step by step how to get this think working with steam ,i downloaded it into modfolder but i cant chooses it in the startup screen mod

Steam doesn't use the launcher, you have to go to your steam HOI3 directory and launch HOI3.exe, then choose Dies Irae.

Slight graphical glitch here.

As you zoom out, counters with the HQ and Panzer tactical symbols become very blurry/ low res whereas infantry (at least) remain sharp.
Have not tested all counter symbols so there may be others.

I keep thinking there is something wrong with my eyes.

We didn't change any counters (just added new ones for the new units) so I guess this is your graphic card or your eyes.

I solved the installation problem by following instructions i found in the pre-order thread. here is how I did it:
downloaded and installed the DLC (in my case from Gamersgate) to the download folder (instructions were to use desktop). you will find a folder there called "HOI3". inside are two files (gfx and mod) plus uninstall stuff. I just copied the two above files (gfx and mod) to the main game folder (which should be a copy of unmodded HOI3/SF).
use the laucher, now you can choose between default (vanilla game) and Dies Irae. runs just fine now.
DD, Danevang, you guys did a splendid job. A little disappointed you get standard names (interceptor I instead of BF/ME-109, for instance), but I take it this will be taken care of eventually.

hope this post helps for anyone having trouble installing the DLC.

That stupid GG file is still telling me that HoI3 is not installed.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Then keep the temporary files and look for them in your download directory. Then copy the content of Dies Irae into your HOI3 directory.