• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm, 1981 manpower in the pool? as in enough to equip roughly 200 divisions? or 1981 of the 12,000 needed for a division?

Hmm, 1981 manpower in the pool? as in enough to equip roughly 200 divisions? or 1981 of the 12,000 needed for a division?

alpha_nov26.jpg

to pay for this :) So he could build a good deal of units, but officers and time might be a factor.

May I recommend heavy armor divisions ftw? :D

alpha_nov26.jpg

to pay for this :) So he could build a good deal of units, but officers and time might be a factor.

thats crap, so the entire Reich has mustered up enough troops to re-equip the 3 million manpower shortage for the Wehrmacht?:D

Would still be nice to seem him take the historical approach of building heavies instead of more mediums... :D

What do you mean?

in June 1944, Germany had already mobilized everyone of fighting age and was mobilizing children at this point. There is no way there is that much availble manpower in the pool to re-equip the 3 million men the Wehrmacht was understrength at that point.

in June 1944, Germany had already mobilized everyone of fighting age and was mobilizing children at this point. There is no way there is that much availble manpower in the pool to re-equip the 3 million men the Wehrmacht was understrength at that point.

Well, its still a beta.. The ss i gave was from the alpha, so they are by no means accurate

I guess they are inspected at the customs office atm....

Thanks for this thread and the three AAR's, the screen shots (and Johan's goodie updates) have sold me on this game. I was going to wait for the demo but I just preordered it. Paradox owes you a free game at least :)

Thanks for this thread and the three AAR's, the screen shots (and Johan's goodie updates) have sold me on this game. I was going to wait for the demo but I just preordered it. Paradox owes you a free game at least :)

Why, we are more then happy to buy it to support the company :) We be big fans you know :D

thats crap, so the entire Reich has mustered up enough troops to re-equip the 3 million manpower shortage for the Wehrmacht?:D

The actual manpower shortages of the Reich were NOT as extreme as is commonly believed. The shortage was in how they were used! SM, how many divs in Norway? If I recall there were some 300,000 German soldiers who basically sat out the war waiting for an invasion of Norway. Also as I said before the Luftwaffe had HUGE surplusses of men, some (like Rommel's son) who used to be AA gunners, and such, plus the navy had men, but these men were not shared, and were mis-used, esp by the Luftwaffe who formed Luftwaffe Feld Divisions which were not as good as Army units and nowhere near as good as the Fallschirmjager divs.

The actual manpower shortages of the Reich were NOT as extreme as is commonly believed. The shortage was in how they were used! SM, how many divs in Norway? If I recall there were some 300,000 German soldiers who basically sat out the war waiting for an invasion of Norway. Also as I said before the Luftwaffe had HUGE surplusses of men, some (like Rommel's son) who used to be AA gunners, and such, plus the navy had men, but these men were not shared, and were mis-used, esp by the Luftwaffe who formed Luftwaffe Feld Divisions which were not as good as Army units and nowhere near as good as the Fallschirmjager divs.

but that doesnt negate the fact that the Wehrmacht was shot over 2 million of its authorized strength. Not the misallocation of forces in its deployments.

many german divisions were down to 33% authorized strength, which represents the inability to reinforce them. That being said, they should still start with 0 in the pool, the only way to get the effect which you mentioned would be to disband and conserve the manpower.

but that doesnt negate the fact that the Wehrmacht was shot over 2 million of its authorized strength. Not the misallocation of forces in its deployments.

many german divisions were down to 33% authorized strength, which represents the inability to reinforce them. That being said, they should still start with 0 in the pool, the only way to get the effect which you mentioned would be to disband and conserve the manpower.

I do not know if you have to disband AA gunners (maybe in Brigades or not) who have no AA guns, or if these are in a manpower pool...

As for the 'wasted' men in Norway, YES you are right.

I don't know if a ZERO balance would be appropriate to June 1944, yes the army was understrength but I tend to think Hitler's love of new formations over bringing old ones up to strength may have had a bearing on that. I'm sure that the disasters of that summer caused every possible person to be utilized, so the balance would fall to zero fast with the rebuilding of shattered units and raising of new Panzer brigades and Volkstrumm units.

I do not know if you have to disband AA gunners (maybe in Brigades or not) who have no AA guns, or if these are in a manpower pool...

As for the 'wasted' men in Norway, YES you are right.

in the grand scheme of things, would those 12 Divisions in Norway really make a big difference?. (I think they were "thinned out" to 18 divs on paper by 1944)

in the grand scheme of things, would those 12 Divisions in Norway really make a big difference?. (I think they were "thinned out" to 18 divs on paper by 1944)

Yes let us see what SM can make of them all!!! :rolleyes:

Isn't that the point of this scenario?